Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Friggin HUGE GuildWars interview

Surlent

Liturgist
Basically they issue every weak point of the preview version there.
In short words: the game is looking up to be good.
Q: What more can we expect to see on release of this game?
A: More missions, more quests, more monsters, more features (e.g. observer mode, guild ladder)
Q: Like more types of weapons and armor appearances too?
A: Actually lots more – like I said, it’s all content from here.
Q: Are there any plans on including unarmed combat (for monks please?) or dual wielding?
A: Unarmed combat - Probably not in the release but a strong possibility for the first expansion. Remember, each expansion will have content on scale with first release.
Q: Will the drop rate issues for cloth bolt and hide salvaging be brought into balance with that of the other classes?
A: Drop rates, loot, crafting etc. will all get major rebalancing after WPE
Q: Any plans on adding other classes maybe in additional chapters?
A: You bet – every chapter will have new professions
Looks great, but it's dumb if they add constantly new classes with each expansion and you need to stick to both 2 classes already in the beginning of character creation. I'd rather put the other on hold and wait the new classes.
Also if the expansions are going to be that content heavy, will they be price heavy as well on the same scale as the original ?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
According to the FAQ on the website they will be sold at a price competitive to other expansions in the market, meaning 30 dollars. Call of Duty's expansion pack certainly contained more content and gameplay than the original title and it still sold for 30.

Mendoza

Liturgist
They seem to be updating stuff at an impressive rate too. So far this week, they've already replaced the horrible looking guild tabards with samurai style flags, and then capes. I'm really impressed that they're a) responding to feedback and b) doing it so quickly (though personally I think they just like showing off the streaming feature of the engine).

Whilst guild tabards are hardly a major issue compared to class balancing and adding new content, it's the most obvious change I'm aware of since the WPE. If they're responding to feedback on the rest of the game at the same rate I'll be seriously impressed.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I want to see a screenshot of the capes, and the Chinese/Japanese style flags. I loved those in Samurai movies and Chinese movies like "Warriors of Heaven and Earth". I gotta see a screenshot!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
According to the alpha testers, health of characters and damage has been doubled. This is pretty awesome news.

You feel like a tough guy in the game now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom