Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Freedom Force vs The Third Reich 60% Off at GOG

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Freedom Force versus the Third Reich; GOG; Irrational Games

As of today, and today only, you can buy the squad-based action RPG Freedom Force vs The Third Reich, a sequel to the original Freedom Force, for just $2.39 at GOG.com. Which is 60% off the original price.

When Nuclear Winter returns with a plot to destroy Freedom Force and the free world, gaming's greatest heroes must team up with a flurry of fresh faces! As the sinister soviet's plan unfurls, Patriot City's finest find themselves flung through time into the greatest conflict the planet has ever seen - World War 2!

A great, super hero comic-book style, tactical RPG with deep characters, destructible environment and interesting story. Recruit new members (each with unique back-story and abilities), train the old ones, gather your team and test your tactical skills in this awesome, action packed, game.

What's cool about it:
- A melodramatic, comic book style story
- Crisp, cartoon-like visuals
- Dozens of heroes and villains and a character editor that lets you create your own​

Click here for the product page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Great game! I really liked the first one as it mimicked the golden age of comics, while this sequel had a great silver age comic vibe to it. My only real regret is that the game never was very popular, and so we never had a continuation come out.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Random daily GOG sales are not worthy of a news post on our prestigious website :rpgcodex:

Norfleet

The first one was pretty good....the second one was categorically inferior to the first, being significantly dumbed down in terms of tactical options.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You're a BRO and all Bee, but reposting a daily sale as news? GOG better be paying us through the nose for publicity :rpgcodex:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Okay, I can't argue with ghostdog-sensei. I still disagree because we posted about GOG deals before, but whatever.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Freedom force is a fine game. But it isn't news. Heck, it's been on steam for 4 eurobucks for years.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Okay, I can't argue with ghostdog-sensei. I still disagree because we posted about GOG deals before, but whatever.

A big multi-day sale for a core RPG franchise, maybe. Like the Ultima sale a few months ago. But this is just a daily sale for one game.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
It sets a bad precedent though, especially since GOG is a Codex Corporate Partner.

(I don't fully understand the science behind referral links, but that also kind of looks like a referral link.)

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
And your sinister plan worked, Bee. Making this uncalled for newspost made me buy the game for a whopping $2.39. Now my family will starve for the next 10 days minutes. Hope you're happy now.

Morkar Left

I have to agree that it shouldn't be news. But I wouldn't mind to have an "official" extra category for it, though. I mean we have a steam and a gog sale thread in the forum.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Sales news is for the watch!
OTOH maybe this will score us goodwill for potato RPG interviews.

almondblight

Arcane
Yeah, but I mean, it's Freedom Force. To be honest, even if the news post was, "hey, Freedom Force has been $5 bucks on steam forever, you should buy it," it'd still be worthwhile.

kazgar

Arcane
"Freedom force is still as good as it ever was, its purchasing price price fluctuates on various online distribution platforms."

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Disagreed. You see, Taluntain gets a share of each sale coming thru the above link. Say, 2%. Which would be, like $0.02-$0.03 for each sold copy. Now let's assume 1.000.000 of our readers just buy the game due to Crooked Bee's newspost. That means Taluntain would get > $20.000. Pretty good money for just a newspost. I sincerely hope at this point Tal would start to share some of the profit with the rest of the staff, i.e. with me. Then let's assume we do such a newspost at least once a week - you see where I'm getting at? That's why I wholeheartedly agree with posting GoG sales as newsposts.

Morkar Left

Disagreed. You see, Taluntain gets a share of each sale coming thru the above link. Say, 2%. Which would be, like $0.02-$0.03 for each sold copy. Now let's assume 1.000.000 of our readers just buy the game due to Crooked Bee's newspost. That means Taluntain would get > $20.000. Pretty good money for just a newspost. I sincerely hope at this point Tal would start to share some of the profit with the rest of the staff, i.e. with me. Then let's assume we do such a newspost at least once a week - you see where I'm getting at? That's why I wholeheartedly agree with posting GoG sales as newsposts.

Greedy overlords! I bet you underestimate the number of people buying the game from this link on purpose to fool us.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
To get 1,000,000 readers you all need to start doing wacky YouTube videos like Total Biscuit. Bee would probably get 500,000 hits based on her girl parts alone!

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is this even an RPG?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom