Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Free droids!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Freedroid

Oops, sorry, my mistake. That's not free droids, that's <a href=http://freedroid.sourceforge.net>Freedroid</a> and it's just been bumped up to version <b>0.9.12</b>
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>We've released version 0.9.12 of FreedroidRPG. It should be in the database already. By now the documentation on the home page has been upgraded as well, such that it should be easy for possible contributors to obtain latest cvs code or use the level editor also for Windows users, and even run the game inside a debugger. Alas, the dialog editor and item editor still aren't available for Windows. <u>As always, feedback, bug reports or contributions are warmly welcomed</u>, again especially concerning the content :)</blockquote> Get your updated droids <a href=http://freedroid.sourceforge.net/download.php>here</a>.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Thanks for the update, <b>Johannes</b>

Psilon

Erudite
You've got some 403 problems with the dialog editor tutorial, Johannes. Only one of the sample dialog files is accessible.

johannesprix

Novice
Psilon said:
You've got some 403 problems with the dialog editor tutorial, Johannes. Only one of the sample dialog files is accessible.
It was a permission problem on the shell server. Should be fixed. Thanks a lot!

johannesprix

Novice
Role-Player said:
Alas, the dialog editor and item editor still aren't available for Windows.
:cry:
Well, if you know someone who has got some experience with cross-compiling GTK+ applications, maybe we could fix that in say, half an hour. Alas, I don't know anyone... and our 'help wanted' requests on the Sourceforge hasn't been answered so far... too bad :(
Hey, but to cheer you up again, look at what Basse has done again:
with_shadows.jpg

There, we got shadows! Scene looks much better with that! See ya, jp.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Unfortunately i don't anyone that might fit the bill :( And i personally can only help on what i discussed with you :? (which, BTW, i'm still working on; i just haven't talked to you in a while because i'm busy with other things).

But i'll try and see if i can find anyone, regardless :)

johannesprix

Novice
Role-Player said:
Unfortunately i don't anyone that might fit the bill :( And i personally can only help on what i discussed with you :? (which, BTW, i'm still working on; i just haven't talked to you in a while because i'm busy with other things).

But i'll try and see if i can find anyone, regardless :)
Sure, no problem. Well, since it's cross-compiling, it must be a 'Linux person'. If it isn't don't bother to ask... But concerning the story line, I've thought a bit. The idea was that we could have the MS trying to replace their own buggy AI by using humans (or just human brains) to remote-control those bots where their own buggy AI failed misserably. They automatize the process and have the machines 'recruit' new brains. But then, the stupid things took the MS partching division itself and used their brains. And more and more bug reports come in (because of bots attacking humans for their brains) so the bots think that more and more bots AI needs to be replaced, and so on, leading to the 'Great Assault'. Of course the details would have to be revealed to the main character very gradually. Which is natural, since of course nobody really knows what's going on. What do you think? Something like that might do it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom