Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Foxhole - now available on Early Access

I remember the first day of playing this after buying it a few years ago, I was a Collie humpin' it up the road to the front and after about 7 minutes or so I came across another group of Collies that were assigned a special mission... I was first directed to a depot box by a Lt, that had in it several rifles smgs, grenades and the relevant ammunition. I took up a rifle and some ammo and he led me to an area with large walls and then up to a platform outside and behind the walls on a rise. He told me to guard the area and shoot any who approach the wall. I couldn't see the whole extent of the fortification from where I was positioned, but I had line of sight over a corner. I was so excited that I was welcomed into the group and felt like I would finally be making a difference since by then, I had died a few times getting hit by vehicles trying to get up there. I assumed I had finally reached the front.

Then I saw them, those filthy cheese-eating Blue-bellies. I readied my rifle and prepared to fire. A few approached the wall where I taunted them over voip to "fuck around, and find out". They said nothing in return at first, but eventually one cried out begging me not to shoot claiming they were unarmed. I asked why his commanders would have sent them to the front with no weapons. He told me to stop mocking him. He made no effort to find cover, he merely stood staring at me on my platform. I was puzzled, but I couldn't mistake the deep tone of despair in his voice. It was at this point, that two of his fellows that I had not seen in some bushes, made a mad dash for the defenses. I ordered them to halt at once, but they began to climb a platform against the wall on the other side, they screamed to me that they "couldn't go on like this anymore." I fired several warning shots (really just missed). One of them stopped and retreated but the other continued. As he crested the top of the platform, my Lt. had returned and asked me "what I was waiting for?". I finally opened up right. My shot ripped through him and he began to bleed out falling to the ground. I fired two more shots and in a plaintive cry, he began begging me to stop toying with him and end it. I fired some more but just couldn't hit the guy. Eventually, my Lt. hopped the wall over to the platform and began stabilizing him with a first-aid kit, it was too late however and he bled out. When he came back he told me that I was relieved of duty. I couldn't fathom what had happened...

Puzzled, I climbed down the platform and continued up the road a bit following the walls hoping to find another group to join. It was then that I saw the gate and I started to realize what that place really was... When I approached the gate I saw that one was in fact two. An airlock of sorts. Outside there were two duce and a halfs parked with several other armed collies surrounding more blue-bellies who had their hands up. One guard opened the first gate and the others ordered the blues inside. A few of the guards entered as well. The first gate closed, the second opened and all went through. A minute or so later, I finally heard the shots... I told myself that I had just been following orders but deep down, I know I'll never be able to wash away the stain that the camp had left on my soul.

I've never told anyone until now, but at night I can still hear their cries.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom