Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Forza Horizon 5

Perkel

Arcane
Liked first 2 games but since 3 they are absolutely retarded, you get best cars literally in first hour of game and enough credits to buy pretty much anything you want making all events, tuningetc pointless.

ferratilis

Magister
https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-series-x/forza-horizon-5
image.png

Curratum

I mean, it's basically a 60-EUR map expansion for the previous game... FH4 was great, so yeah, this is great, but it's in Mexico.

Now, if Forza Motorsport 7 comes to PC or they finally announce when FM8 is coming out, as it will be Steam day1, that's a different matter...

ferratilis

Magister
According to that big Geforce Now leak, Motorsport 8 is supposed to come out in summer next year. Motorsport 7 has reached end-of-life status and cannot be bought anymore, so you'll have to wait.

ferratilis

Magister
So, I've been playing for around three hours (set my Xbox to New Zealand to unlock it early) and so far it's more of the same with some new qol and tuning features. All the things that were good are still there, car sounds and handling have been improved just a bit (not nearly as much as they hyped it), unfortunately the obnoxious characters who constantly repeat useless information into your ear are still there, as well as the bad selection of music (easily remedied with a custom Spotify playlist, thank god). Zoomers would probably salivate over all the dopamine feeding pop-ups on screen, I just want some good arcade racing, and it delivers on that front. Since competition hasn't been stiff in the last decade, Horizon has clearly become a template for arcade racing now. Can't complain though, I've been having a blast so far and will keep playing this game for the next few years. What will probably cement this as the best entry so far is that now you can genuinely have a favorite car, since the new tuning options can make each car viable for each race type, provided you're willing to experiment. From the start, I already got two of my favorites (Supra and Lancer Evo). After getting the Skyline and Impreza, everything else will be just for experimenting and messing around. A-class for life.

ADL

Prophet
Unpacking on Steam.
UWP version has been crashing for people. Hopefully the Steam version doesn't have as many problems.
Works on my machine. 4K/100+FPS on a 3090
You can have Codex's favorite RPG of the last decade as your horn
kpdZs2N.png

Last edited:

ferratilis

Magister
In less than a day of playing, I already have over 1 million credits and a car collection that is now worth around 44 million credits. The cars I was interested in could be bought for less than 100k each. They have truly trivialized progression in this game, if there ever was such a thing.

Perkel

Arcane
In less than a day of playing, I already have over 1 million credits and a car collection that is now worth around 44 million credits. The cars I was interested in could be bought for less than 100k each. They have truly trivialized progression in this game, if there ever was such a thing.

They did that after 2. 3 started while superspins garbage and so on.

ferratilis

Magister
I'm going to burn the credits on experimenting with upgrades anyway, the problem is that you're getting cars too fast. In previous games, I had dozens of cars that I've never tried. It would've been better if they had more events and challenges focused on specific cars.

I was convinced this would be the highest rated game of 2021.
ZA/UM: hold my vodka
hMoQgyW.png

ADL

Prophet
I don't recall the auction house feature in any of the other games but I've won a couple bids on cars I wanted for a fraction of the price. Go check that out if you're playing.

ferratilis

Magister

This guy is such a wanker! He doesn't finish the games he reviews and is full of bullshit. How people take him seriously is beyond me!

People take him seriously because he has integrity. Afaik, he and Worth a Buy were the only two popular reviewers who refused to cowtow to CDPR's rules and waited before releasing their reviews. His job isn't to complete the games and summarize the story for you, but to inform you about the game as a product. How it runs, is it riddled with microtransactions, how's the audio-visual aspect and so on. With games being so bloated nowadays, you can't really expect every reviewer to finish the games they cover. He focuses on providing people the information they need on day 1, as honest as possible. Worth a Buy is another reviewer who almost never completes games. It's the nature of their "job."

I don't even like him that much because he always talks like he's on cocaine and uses too many pop culture references, but what he does, he does well. And he's not a shill, most importantly.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Having really weird LOD bug even on Extreme settings. Guess my photoshoot album has to wait :(

tjiSbHh.jpeg

ferratilis

Magister
Since the game has to precache shaders and generate distant LOD every time you change settings, I'm guessing your problem is that it wasn't done properly. Try changing your settings, restarting the game and let the process finish. Oh, and update your GPU drivers.

I have tried this game both on Xbox Series S and PC, and tbh, it doesn't look THAT much better on the PC, while it loads slower because of my SATA SSD. They have done some crazy magic with the console release, it runs like butter while the Gen4 SSD makes the experience seem even smoother. Switching between cars is seamless. And there is no microstutter whatsoever. Kinda crazy when you think about it.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
P. neat so far. Looks amazing, framerate is only a little lower than FH4 was running.

If anyone's experiencing crashing to desktop, especially in the (incredibly annoying and completely un-skippable) introduction sequence, try removing Nahimic audio drivers if they're present in your system.

Here's a great guide to removing Nahimic (which is a completely unnecessary part of Realtek audio).

The crashing stopped for me once I did that.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Have you fixed that LOD bug?
Nah, I tried reinstalling, updating driver, changing Environment Quality and stuffs to High and Extreme and it probably fixed it a bit since the trees look less potatoes? But the pop in still persists and road texture looks noticeably low res up close, so I guess I should just wait for a patch. Playground acknowledge "texture rendering issue" so I guess I'm not SOL. At least my game doesn't look like this guy's :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/ForzaHoriz...x_settings_on_a_3080_but_something_feels_off/

ZbYI2T0.jpeg

ferratilis

Magister
That's why I've been playing on console, to avoid problems like that. It's been locked 60fps so far, no bugs at all. The only issue are the occasional server disconnects, but everyone experiences those.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
No graphical bugs on my PC so far, but I have every possible setting except RTX reflections maxed out. I get a tiny bit of stuttering here and there, but I attribute that mostly to the game's net code likely needing tuning.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I can confirm that almost all hitching (micro-stutter, whatever) disappears completely if you play in offline / Solo mode.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom