Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Forums are up...

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
In the new year I finally found my way to the new forums.

Except for the fact that I had to reset my password, I can't use my avatar and everything is extremely complicated now: Well done. :salute::balance:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I see the background for new alerts is red now, which makes them readable - nice!

Site seems reaaaally slow, though.

gromit

Arcane
I applaud the effort, and this has obviously made a lot of people happy. That said, not that I liked the way it looked out of the box, but... :(

The design came out a little... shoehorn-ish? Can't blame anyone because of XenForo's weirdness, but I can't really blame them, either, because they market on
Intuitive. Social. Engaging. Fast.
rather than appealing to tinkers and/or les artistes. So, I mean really, great work all around, especially since DU to my understanding isn't generally a web guy. Please don't take this bit of advice the wrong way, and I understand with dozens of "ayes" you can't (nor should) just up and do what the one "nay" say-so.

After you're married to a platform, you've got to work with it, instead of against it, or it will always be a bit of a funny cobble. Add to that the million funny assumptions which will be attached to each good idea when the plug-ins start coming in from the community. I'm hoping you'll do stuff like, say, ditch Rex's old, static, and many-imaged menu table. There are a of of four-letter words in there (including Rex.)

The plan is to stuff the existing links into the "Home" on the main navigation as you create them in system, and then separate them with a single png of the nav menu's black doodad, right? There's no sense in installing a CMS and then literally going out of your way to not use it.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Great to see the forums back up.
I like the new look, I think I'll start reading the codex more often again.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
You know in this time of change I think it might be a good idea to create some sort of tech forum.

EG

Nullified
You know in this time of change I think it might be a good idea to create some sort of tech forum.
Oh God . . . not that again. Please, anything. We don't need another GD . . .

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Were you even here during the glory days of the tech forum? Who's alt are you?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Le Fuck? Where were you during the summer of '11. The 'Tech Forum and Emma Watson + Science' (?) was the place to be.

edit: someone remind me what it was called.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
What happened to all the poll results? There is some important social and demographic information that seems to have just disappeared.

gromit

Arcane
Ohhh yes, I recall that. I think I peeked in once and it was full of spam, prosperity, and other general faggotry (likely at least some of a literal nature.) So it was for more than schizophrenic breakdowns and picking on Crispy? Bummer.

Majestic47

Learned
The general look of the site is now top notch. I'm really happy with the Codex right now and will stay the fuck away from GD as usual.
Great job in recreating the old style back, guys. Donation was well-spent.

:bravo:

spekkio

Arcane
If possible, set 'Posts per page' setting to 15 in the Playground (as it was before the great decline incline). 25 is too many.

Previev button next to "Post Reply" button is also relvant to my interests.

Except of that - good job.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
font sizes in the fucking quick reply textbox are fucked up, like in every other new forum as usual (font size & font family pushdown lists). Also, thread page numbering at the start and end of a thread page.

Wast of space of borders irritating, but i guess that's by "design".

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Good progress.

things which I'd like to be brought back
- stats (e.g. seeing people who post only in GD)
- default codex avatars (predictions were EXACTLY CORRECT what would happen!)
- tags (sure they will return)

P.S. Do something about teenagers they are starting to be annoying.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Ohhh yes, I recall that. I think I peeked in once and it was full of spam, prosperity, and other general faggotry (likely at least some of a literal nature.) So it was for more than schizophrenic breakdowns and picking on Crispy? Bummer.
Man those were some good times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom