Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

For Honor

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The fighting system is solid. Also classes have different timings, range, speed etc. So viking Raider with a big axe plays alot more differently than a viking Beserker with his two small axes. Whole moveset is different.
90 euros for a gold edition is hefty, even with 20% off with uPlay points brings it to 72 euros still feels expensive. Not a day 1 purchase unless there's a sub 50euro option from GMG or other outlets.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I was skeptical at first since it looked like a more complicated version of Simon Says but after watching some streams of people playing I am sold. Movement and fakeouts are essential to properly fight.

sovijus

Educated
This I don't get... So you have fairly complicated fighting system, nice visuals and what you do with it? A shitty 4v4 MOBA. This is a regression of Mount&Blade: no sandbox mode for simulation purposes, no big battlefields with as many players as possible. After initial novelty of teenage fantasy ("wow viking vs knight vs samurai - so cool") wears off it will go down the Chivalry road to eventual obscurity. So much potential, such a lack of ambition. Depressing...

sullynathan

Arcane
Combat system here looks better than Mount & Blades. With those graphics, I don't know if they could manage mount and Blade player count in an open world

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Update on this one. Got selected again for no reason to play closed(no streaming etc) Technical Test 2 beta. Got 3 invites if someone wants to game. Starts on 14th ends on 19th. PM or post here.

Dexter

Arcane
Update on this one. Got selected again for no reason to play closed(no streaming etc) Technical Test 2 beta. Got 3 invites if someone wants to game. Starts on 14th ends on 19th. PM or post here.
I'd like to try it, if you still got codes.

Cadmus

Arcane
I'd like to try also!

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
I'd like to try it, if you still got codes.
I'd like to try also!
The way it works is I can only invite from my uPlay friends list. So add me on uPlay, username "dallaboo" and you'll get the email with info when I invite you.

sullynathan

Arcane
would join since I will soon have time but I have no clue how to get into my Uplay account now because of the shitty authenticator thing. They're asking for my personal info but I have no clue what the actual shit I put in was.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Aaah fuck, it starts at 3PM CET and I gotta be at work then. Will get to it tomorrow then.

Dexter

Arcane
I have a few invites for the Beta via uPlay (26th-29th) if anyone wants. I liked the game when I tried it last time around, but likely won't have much time to play this time around.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Tried a bit, as most Ubi games production values are top notch. But if you played Chivalry or War of the Roses a lot like me, this game will bore you pretty quick.
So I'll be waiting for a %60-70 sale.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Tried a bit, as most Ubi games production values are top notch. But if you played Chivalry or War of the Roses a lot like me, this game will bore you pretty quick.
So I'll be waiting for a %60-70 sale.

I feel the exact opposite, Chivalry had far too much obscure shit required for mechanical mastery. The whole dragging and crouching backwards to abuse hitboxes was dumb as hell.

For Honor feels much more organic thus you are learning the systems properly not how to exploit them.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom