Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

For console fags only: PS3 Slim announced, $299

I thought having games to play would justify getting one.

Guess I am not big enough of a faggot to understand how it works

Looks like Sigma 2 is on this December/January. Provided of course that the feedback from a few people here and Iberians is positive. Still, might rent it for shits and giggles anyway. Also I kind of want to try DMC4 again. Nero's extreme shittiness, poor enemy design, and the terrible score system were pretty big turnoffs...but the 360 controller might have been my biggest turnoff. I like the 360 controller a lot, but after many hours on DMC1 and DMC3 on a Dualshock it felt awkward. Just like it feels weird to play Ninja Gaiden on anything other than an Xbox controller. Probably not going to be playing at full strength if I try Sigma 2 because of that.

Also...paging Hümmelgümpf...Bayonetta on 360 or PS3 which is (a) better (idea) and why? There's no sixaxis faggotry afoot, a la Sigma's ninpo overpowering, right?

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Fucking wow. That means they're like $360 Aus Dollars. Awesome. Which means you can get a decent games machine that plays Blu Ray. Nice.

Mind you, the first generation release will prolly be riddled with bugs and crashes (See XBawx Elite). So it kinda balances out.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Emotional Vampire said:
I thought having games to play would justify getting one.
Me too. That's why I bought a PS3 several months ago. :D
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Also...paging Hümmelgümpf...Bayonetta on 360 or PS3 which is (a) better (idea) and why? There's no sixaxis faggotry afoot, a la Sigma's ninpo overpowering, right?
No idea. All I know about controls is that there are two attack buttons, one for arms and one for legs, both "slots" accept most weapons, but available attacks may vary depending on whether you assign the weapon to arms or to legs. Yeah, and rolling away a couple of frames before an enemy attack connects, Royal Guard-style, activates bullet time. May or may not be abusable. No platform-specific content has been announced (yet).
obediah said:
Ordered my copy of Valkyria Chronicles today for $30 :)
Enjoy GotY 2008.

obediah

Erudite
Emotional Vampire said:
It's people like you that should have a separate board, not trannies.

It would be a real shame if you got nuked from the database. 1394 posts, 5000 words, and 0 thoughts.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Sounds nice but there just aren't enough games on it that I'd like for me to consider a purchase yet. Maybe if Shin Megami Tensei 4 gets announced. Still waiting for the sequel to Nocturne, one of the few JRPGs I'd call fantastic.

obediah said:
Emotional Vampire said:
It's people like you that should have a separate board, not trannies.

It would be a real shame if you got nuked from the database. 1394 posts, 5000 words, and 0 thoughts.

Oh, the man playing games for 12-year-olds will talk to me about thoughts.

Well at least your avatar fits your butthurt. That's a nice touch

Deleted member 7219

Still waiting for some really good PS3-exclusive games that would justify buying one. And I'm not interested in generic shooters (they're shit on consoles anyway).

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
DriacKin said:
Barrow_Bug said:
Fucking wow. That means they're like $360 Aus Dollars. Awesome. Which means you can get a decent games machine that plays Blu Ray. Nice. .

Wut?

Decent, not great. I actually want to check out MGS4, and perhaps some of the FF faggotry as well.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I suggest you sodomites give Demon's Souls a look. Best console game this gen. That's not saying much, but I doubt any other console game will trump it this gen. Fatlus is bringing it to over from Japan now, but I'm not sure if it's a pussified version.
I imported mine. The asian release has full english voice acting (done by people who speak english natively) and all the menus are in english as well. A most import friendly game, indeed.

Zakhal

Liturgist
Im still waiting for the ps2-software emulation. Not getting it without one.

Silellak

Cipher
Morgoth said:
Heavy Rain is pretty much the only PS3 exclusive I want right now.

Valkyria Chronicles is for fags.

That seems pretty backwards. Valkyria Chronicles has actual gameplay, even if you don't like the story or characters. Heavy Rain looks like a collection of quick-time events that happen to have a story and nice graphics. Whee.

Action sequences, such as when the player is being attacked, play out as quick time events. Players will be presented with various symbols, requiring them to either press buttons, move the right analogue stick in a certain way, or shake or tilt the controller.

Wow, that just sounds orgasmic. Where do I sign up?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Morgoth said:
Valkyria Chronicles is pretty much the only PS3 exclusive I want right now.

Heavy Rain is for fags.
fix

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Zakhal said:

You waited too long, the early ones had it, but it was the first thing they phased out to cut costs.

I usually wait until there are at least ten game exclusives I 'must play' I skipped that with the PS3 when blu-ray won the format war.

Zakhal

Liturgist
HanoverF said:
Zakhal said:

You waited too long, the early ones had it, but it was the first thing they phased out to cut costs.

They never sold those models in europe. They removed the hardware support and talked about software one but that never came.

I usually wait until there are at least ten game exclusives I 'must play' I skipped that with the PS3 when blu-ray won the format war.

Theres only perhaps two exclusives I really want on ps3. On ps2 I have tons of exclusives waiting to play but I could really use a good scaling since the games dont look so hot on 52" full hd. Ps3 is suppose to have an excellent scaling. I could always buy a real AV scaler but those are extra expensive.

Kaiserin

Liturgist
I'll sell you mine in damn near brand new condition with the game Dead Space for $200 even.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom