Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fookin Faelen (Spoilers)

TigerKnee

Arcane
Griping

Beat the game as an Imperial Guard (Combat), Praetor (Diplomat) and now I'm exploring the Thief path, mostly as a talker but I have some Sneak/Steal/Lockpick skill.

The Ganezzar TG's quest seems poorly designed for talkers - you don't NEED Traps for any other part of the TG's quest but now you're forced to get at least 4 in Traps or get killed by the bolt traps (unless you can beat the Scorpion but I'm Diplo so). A drop in the pool by this point, but still a potentially unwinnable situation if you weren't hoarding SP

Then the 2nd part of the Castle involves either 9 Lockpick (WTF) or some amount of Str/Dex + 3 Throwing that I don't have (4/8).

And now the shit cherry on the top - Faelen.

This guy apparently never sleeps so no "Sneaking your way in to stab him in bed". You get several choices

1) Eat mushrooms to get into a fight with like 5 Faelens - Nope.
2) Kill your fellow thieves - probably the easiest combat option but I don't think Crossbow 3/Dodge 2 is going to cut it.
3) Try to overpower him with your will, which apparently 9 Int and 7 Cha is not enough but OK, he's a powerful psychic.
4) Do a series of Perception/Dex/Critical Strike series which is probably the closest I can get but I just used up 40 points to get Lockpick to 9 to even progress to this point.

No diplomat actions at all.
Barf. Don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe I'll just reload the start of my arrival at Ganezzar and see if Meru's hiring (though my reputation is -2 for the house), screw my Guild.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Some notes:

- We'll add some training and probably a few more paths.
- You can leave the tunnels and TG to explore the city and gain some SP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom