Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FNV: Old World Blues is currently up on Steam.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I've never actually seen multiple enemy types at once during my looting of Big MT.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Multi-headed Cow said:
Looking forward to Lonesome Road. Then probably a disappointing Fallout: Spinoff Title from Bethesda, and then hopefully a new Fallout: 4 from Obsidian. :thumbsup:

Edited for accuracy :lol:

I just finished OWB too. My initial impressions were sort of meh, but once I got my bearing, I really started to like it a lot (5 quests - 2 of which are almost of the same goals, and 4 of which are fetch quests - thrown in your face within 2 minutes doesn't help orientate players). The quests are mostly combat based, but there's a fair bit of forced sneaking (with a novelty stealth suit that's quite fun to put on for lulz) and the usual workarounds with lockpick/science. Even at level 45, the game can sometimes be fairly challenging (some OP nightstalkers, gangbanged by enemies on all sides etc).

Writing is great, very consistent and humourous. It doesn't suffer from the same problem that I have with NV. NV has a nice main plot and mostly consistent setting, but with a few side quests and places that have questionable dialogues and inheritance of Bethesduh's "trying too hard" design flaws. OWB doesn't feel like it's written by 8 different people at one go, which is a very good thing. Once I got over the shameless quest compasses (which can probably be loosely explained away in the context of the game anyway), it turned out to be a very enjoyable experience.

Just for the record, I did end up finding lobotomites attacking roboscorpions too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom