Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Flashback 2 - 30th anniversary series revival

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2008420/view/6967693077418158361
Time to join the fight! Flashback 2 is out now

=== Transmission Incoming ===

Hello Conrad,

It’s finally time to rise against the Morphs! Your journey will be a treacherous one, and simply remembering won’t be enough this time. Will you be up to the challenge?

Discover Paul Cuisset’s latest work, true to the original
Flashback

Immerse yourself in a vibrant sci-fi/cyberpunk universe and visit multiple 3D environments
♀️ Use A.I.S.H.A., a lethal adaptive weapon enhanced with combat AI for thrilling and intricate shooting action

Play Flashback 2 now!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2008420/view/6967693077418158361
Time to join the fight! Flashback 2 is out now

=== Transmission Incoming ===

Hello Conrad,

It’s finally time to rise against the Morphs! Your journey will be a treacherous one, and simply remembering won’t be enough this time. Will you be up to the challenge?

Discover Paul Cuisset’s latest work, true to the original
Flashback

Immerse yourself in a vibrant sci-fi/cyberpunk universe and visit multiple 3D environments
♀️ Use A.I.S.H.A., a lethal adaptive weapon enhanced with combat AI for thrilling and intricate shooting action

Play Flashback 2 now!

a balanced review ...

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
doesn't look good compared to the first game (the actual first one), anyone who played both who can weigh in?
It has nothing in common with the original game.

The original Flashback was a cinematic platformer where the accent was put on slow and exact jumping/aiming/shooting.

The new one is 2.5d and all about pew-pew. The cinematic feeling of the original is gone because the animations are no longer rotoscoped.

I will not pay potatoes just to validate that the game is shit.

If you really want to play a nice platformer: I recommend HAAK or Anno Mutationem.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
today's devs have half the IQ of 90s PC game devs. there was no chance this would work.
It's a new reborn french dev which sits on a huge catalogue of good IPs but they are technically incompetent and they have released only half finished games for the last decade. Last examples: new TinTin game (a buggy mess), Flashback 2 (another mess), Agatha Christie ... and they plant to shit even more garbage in the future.

I'm pretty sure they used the name of Paul Cuisset just to get some PR attention but his opinion was probably completly disregarded in the end. Or maybe he went senile.

Anyway, it's a shit company. They are butchering one IP after another. I can only hope that at some point they are running out of IPs but they do own a huge catalogue of stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom