Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Flagship mystary title: more clues!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Flagship Studios

<a href=http://www.gamedaily.com>Game Daily</a> managed to ask <b>Bill Roper</b> and <b>Robert Ennis</b>, the Namco guy, a few <a href=http://www.gamedaily.com/features_new/flagship&namco>questions</a> about the new publishing dealie and the mystary game.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>First things first, as we tried to pry as much information from Roper as we could about the still as-of-yet untitled game in question. "We're not saying too much, but basically, right after we started Flagship, we got together at Dave Brevik's (Flagship's chief visionary officer) house. After about 20 minutes, Dave said, 'I've had this kind of crazy idea and here's the game I'd like to do.'"
<br>
<br>
"It was an incredibly strange sensation, because for the first time in a long time, all of us immediately agreed," continued Roper. "Usually someone finds some hole to poke in something, but we all thought it was pretty cool. The last time anybody remembered that happening was when they first talked about Diablo. It (the new game) is something we all couldn't believe we hadn't seen. It's definitely a departure in many ways from what we've done in the past, but at the same time, there is a lot of the core design philosophies and ways that we are going to approach creating the game that I think anyone who has played stuff that we have done before will be very familiar with and have an instant connection to. A lot of those ideas are things that we would try to put into anything we did, but will work specifically well in what we are going to be doing."</blockquote>
<br>
So, let's summarize what's known at this point:
<br>
1. It's an action game familiar to anyone who played Blizzard's games
<br>
2. And yet it's something that the Flagship people haven't seen before
<br>
3. When you talk about it you get strange sensations (I hope it's not deja vu )
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPG Dot</A>

Nightjed

Liturgist
... man .... Roper's interviews redefine the meaning of completely wasted time ... its like back on the d2 days when he did like 5 interviews a day and still managed to not even say 1 new word about it for months

DIPthong

Novice
Nightjed said:
... man .... Roper's interviews redefine the meaning of completely wasted time ... its like back on the d2 days when he did like 5 interviews a day and still managed to not even say 1 new word about it for months

I'm reminded of the Futurama episode with the 80's guy:

"Let's shift some paradigms, revolutionize outside the box."

Sol Invictus

Erudite
The core design philosophy behind the intricacies of Flagship Studios and notably Bill Roper has been a long standing runner for the development of game design.

I just said a lot and absolutely nothing at all. The winner is you.

Malak

Liturgist
Nightjed said:

Yeah, the developer class is neat. I'm guess Roper has lvl 20 vagueness. I knew an Exec Producer at WB who is working on Matrix Online, he's probably got lvl 10 vagueness. Most of the time he says a lot without saying anything, but every now and then you'll find something to his words.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It's not that hard to work out what Blizzard's next game will be like if you look at The Factsâ„¢

1. After 20 minutes at Dave Brevik's house, Dave mentions a crazy game idea he's had.
  2. All gathered immediately agreed.
  3. They all had a strange sensation.
  4. They all thought it was pretty cool.
  5. They hadn't seen this type of game before.
  6. A lot of their ph4+ |00t ideas and their "don't punish the gamer" theories will work specifically well with this game.
  7. This is what happened when they came up with the idea for Diablo.

Now, let's analyze The Factsâ„¢. If you're in a drinking contest, 20 minutes is sufficient time to get plastered. It's well known that when you're plastered, you're statistically more likely to suggest crazy ideas. Once drunk, everything sounds like a good idea and it's not too hard to agree with what anyone / everyone / the pot plant is saying. When you're drunk, everything also sounds cool and it's very easy to forget what's happened before, not to mentiont the strange sensations you're getting. Ph4+ |00t really does sound good to a drunk man and it IS likely that they were drunk when they thought of Diablo.

All of that leads to only one conclusion. Ladies and gentlemen, Blizzard's next game is....

Photocopy Your Arse on the Photocopier and Give it to Your Boss at the Office Christmas Party While Telling Him You Quit.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Cool. I wonder what the expansions will be. Piss in the sink or Blow your job?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom