Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information First Wasteland 2 Enemy Portrait Revealed

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I find it hilarious to see incompetent "artist" that try to hide their fundamental ineptness with texture and shitty detail.

I mean just look at this shit "mutant dog".
The fucker whom Inxile is paying was too lazy to even barely check dog anatomy. Not only that, it means, he never ever did dog anatomy before in his life... As a "professional" artist.
That neck, those shoulders, those fucking legs...
Sometimes drawn pictures appear to be unrealistic while they actually stem from photos but this case is so fucked up, I double dare you to place a real dog to even remotely look like that.
Considering that a drawn picture should "read" to a viewer, the "but-the-ref-photo-looks-like-this" defense is not even working!

Look how he failed at conveying foreshortening on the jaw, nose region. I mean, it can be hard to get on the first try... for me...
He must have been either laughably incompetent or even more ridiculously lazy.

Look how lighting is all over the place. Is it ambient with a peak from behind? Whats with the highlights on the nose? Has he a small cloud directly over his head?! Gee...

Good artists create contrasts, points of interest.
Not muddy everything into some ugly mess without any! edge control or structure. And then top it of with superficial detail.

Uh. Uh. Lets talk concept/design. What is a mutated dog in that universe? Why does his jaw look like it would snap under a 10 kg load? Where are his pupils?

You know what's even more funny?
Incompetent people love this garbage.
As you were. You know who you are.

1233444382424.jpg

EG

Nullified
Storm? No, that background is clearly the Capital Wasteland.

To make my position clearer, have this illustrative diagram:

:troll:

Morkar Left

A bit different than I would have expected but looks cool!

sser

Arcane
Developer
Holy shit his neck goes straight up to his ears.

EG

Nullified

In the wastes, you have plenty of time to work on your trapezius, to the point your shoulders collapse inward.

What with the humanoid dog, they're certainly going for the "lol, everyone is a freak!"

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
EG said:
Johannes said:
Looks good but wouldn't hurt to have some brighter colour in it.
:3/5:

He just wants it to mesh right with the actual game engine :troll:

In all seriousness though that portrait looks absolutely fantastic. Excellent detail and at the same time it manages to capture wasteland's wackyness. Fucking great.

:thumbsup:

I find it hilarious to see incompetent "artist" that try to hide their fundamental ineptness with texture and shitty detail.

I mean just look at this shit "mutant dog".
The fucker whom Inxile is paying was too lazy to even barely check dog anatomy. Not only that, it means, he never ever did dog anatomy before in his life... As a "professional" artist.
That neck, those shoulders, those fucking legs...

Oh, thanks god she's talking about the shoulders and legs. When she mentioned "check dog anatomy", a bethesdian chill ran down my spine.

Okay, here's the fixed version.

free picture hosting

Lottie

Educated
BAHAHAHAHHA. So, Awor axed me if I were a pro artist. No. I am a pro EE (4 years now, jesus...). I do art as a way to get massive amounts (a forest, so to speak) of pussy. Remember, how BMW said, that the artist is a laughable hack?
Well, now you see it again. Look at the thugs right arm? See anything? Yeah, foreshortening as done by a third grader! :LOL:
And I can live with the borderline retarded gun perspective since he pays homage to the original but that right shoulder? ROFL
You gotta be fucking blind or retarded to not see how he fudges it into fucking oblivion. And while he cannot fix it (hack) , he just smudges all kind of dirt and texture where the right arm supposed to be to fool moronic fucking retards (the Dex) to say "yahooooo awesome gayfist let me sucky your cock!!!"12"
You manchildren will prolly never grow up and continue to be retards in all aspects of life.
Peace out.
~ a superiour human being

those both were done in less than 2 hours, and thats not even a commercial contract garbage where i am forced to deliver, just doodling for something
sure the green one has no edge control, but you morons dont even know what that might fucking be
and the second one is unfinished and still they promise more than the mud shit that the W2 portraits are

3z61u.jpg

XyJm4.jpg

Johannes

Arcane
Looks good but wouldn't hurt to have some brighter colour in it.
:3/5:
Bleh. It's just too greyed out, compare it to a photo really, dude is damn pale compared to a real person. If I remember right

Of course it's hard to nicely fix fast like this, but after a quick Gimping, slightly added saturation and red to it:
3vHYE.png

Which is better and why??

Or a photo of a guy in similar wear:
first_blood_pic11.jpg

EG

Nullified
But, Lottie the first one looks like mud shit.

How about you try giving us an example of a portrait that would fit Wasteland instead of something random?

You've added bloom. :eek:

Does an effective job of showing that odd grey-ish filter on the original, though.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Whoa Lottie that's some extreme butthurt there. :lol: Show us more of your mud shit.

Good to have you on board, I'm sure you'll provide many lulz.

sser

Arcane
Developer
For some reason, that picture works a lot better if I imagine him jerking off with his other hand.

Syl

Cipher
A3l6sTSCIAAyYts.jpg:large

How about they display that old image with the right proportions FFS ?
3FkKB.jpg

Ain't it better? :) (30s hack job)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom