Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First NWN2 XP2 screenshot?

Arem

Scholar
nwnko5.jpg

found here

Deleted member 7219

.... Windows XP 2.

I can't think of the last time I heard something as stupid as that.

Texas Red

Whiner
Was MotB finished with "The End" and then followed by a question mark?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Rob McGinnis said:
Q: Atari's business release seems to have hinted at plans for a second expansion pack to NWN2. Any comment?
We would love to work on a second expansion.

This was posted here just yesterday (2/29/08), so it seems unlikely that screenshot is anything but a standard NWN2 mod that Matrox is using to show off their tri-display setup.

However, some of the newest screenshots of Mysteries of Westgate look pretty cool.

Edit: I will admit, though, that I don't think I've never seen those particular tree models in any NWN2 mod so far (I'm talking about the somewhat short palm-looking tree on the left), and there seems to be some tower thing way off in the distance. Maybe Rob was being coy/lying?

Andhaira

Arcane
Matt7895 said:
.... Windows XP 2.

Go read up some of your own posts koksuker.

Lumpy

Arcane
Matt7895 said:
.... Windows XP 2.

Last time Andhaira posted?

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
It's a bit too custom content-heavy for a fan-made mod. I don't think I saw the tower and the ship models before, and I'm sure we would know if a module of such scale was in production. Besides, boys from Obsidian are famous for their sense of humor. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to leak a screenshot this way. All of the above is wishful thinking, of course.

Lumpy

Arcane
The Walkin' Dude said:
MotB was definitely the end of that character, considering how varied the endings were. You could become a monster, get married, leave for the planes, become Kelemvor's Captain, etc.

Texas Red

Whiner
Lumpy said:
The Walkin' Dude said:
MotB was definitely the end of that character, considering how varied the endings were. You could become a monster, get married, leave for the planes, become Kelemvor's Captain, etc.

I actually tried to make a reference to that crappy fan fiction thread we had a while ago.

Lumpy

Arcane
fastpunk said:
Forgive my excitement but: YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
I believe you missed the "False alarm!" four posts above.

MetalCraze

Arcane
this is definitely DDO
just imagine NWN2 having those arrows above the character's heads. I won't buy such game

fastpunk

Arbiter
Sorry for double-posting but here's a little something from Rob McGinnis' blog. I didn't want to make a thread about it since it isn't that lengthy. Go here:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=2&showentry=106

It talks about a few things, including the upcoming patch, MotB's financial results and this:

Q: Atari's business release seems to have hinted at plans for a second expansion pack to NWN2. Any comment?
We would love to work on a second expansion.

Judging by the answer it seems they are not currently working on an expansion, which sucks... or maybe they don't want to tell. We'll see.

Starwars

Arcane
It's promising at least that MotB seemed to be a success financially. Hopefully that warranted the creation of another expansion. Hopefully Rob has his "PR hat" on, and is just doing the good ole "we can't talk about that now" routine.

Come on Anthony or Monty, give us more insider hints. :P

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Vault Dweller said:
Andhaira said:
Arem said:
First NWN2 XP2 screenshot?
Umm, is NWN2 being remade for windows xp2?
Brilliant stuff, Andhaira. Keep up the good work.

lol. That is how it's done!

I still haven't even played MotB. I've got it installed and ready. I'm more excited for Mysteries of Westgate. But it would be good if they made at least one more expansion.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Starwars said:
It's promising at least that MotB seemed to be a success financially. Hopefully that warranted the creation of another expansion. Hopefully Rob has his "PR hat" on, and is just doing the good ole "we can't talk about that now" routine.

don't forget that MotB was bashed by mainstream press to death for not being a rpg.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Matt7895 said:
.... Windows XP 2.

It's what I thought. :cry: I couldn't figure out how come NWN2 was coming out for XP again. :/

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
skyway said:
Starwars said:

don't forget that MotB was bashed by mainstream press to death for not being a rpg.
That was the Witcher, MotB was bashed because it was teh hard and confusing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom