Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First Fallout 3 Gameplay footage

MetalCraze

Arcane
gc051360 said:
skyway said:
retarded fanboi on another forum said:
Wow you're an idiot. Have you ever played fallout?? That game was EPIC back in late 90s!! This is not oblivion, the story is freaking amazing and hopefully they keep the same incredible gameplay while introducing 3d and I'm sure they will. This is only a level of epicness close to SC2!!
*posted a screenshot with PC in a retarded powar armuh shooting dumb feral ghoul here*

Yeah sure - the beginning of the end for Beth my ass.

Got a link to that forum? Or is that just made up?

I so wish I was making it up. But what do you know. It isn't about games but this forum is also in the decline recently.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Quilty said:
"Bloody mess" is now completely wrong. As far as I remember, having replayed both Fallouts recently, it did not occur so frequently and in such an obvious "torn limb from limb and headless torso getting blown a mile away" way. In FO 1/2 bloody mess was gruesome, violent and dark-humory, and the combination of sound and visual effect sometimes even made it a disgusting experience. But it was definitely not as "hilarious" as here, where limbs and heads fly everywhere.

Ugh.

Bloody mess just always played the most extreme death animation possible for the specific weapon.

gc051360

Scholar
skyway said:
gc051360 said:
skyway said:
retarded fanboi on another forum said:
Wow you're an idiot. Have you ever played fallout?? That game was EPIC back in late 90s!! This is not oblivion, the story is freaking amazing and hopefully they keep the same incredible gameplay while introducing 3d and I'm sure they will. This is only a level of epicness close to SC2!!
*posted a screenshot with PC in a retarded powar armuh shooting dumb feral ghoul here*

Yeah sure - the beginning of the end for Beth my ass.

Got a link to that forum? Or is that just made up?

I so wish I was making it up. But what do you know. It isn't about games but this forum is also in the decline recently.

Yes. When did the word "epic" join the word "random" in the moron lexicon?

"Dude that was random!!!"

"Oh my god, that is epic!!!"

2 phrases that make me want to shoot myself in the face.

If I ever get a chance. I think I'll work "epic" into a paper I write for school.

"Alber Einstein's theory of relativity was epic."

Quilty

Magister
Shoelip said:
Quilty said:
"Bloody mess" is now completely wrong. As far as I remember, having replayed both Fallouts recently, it did not occur so frequently and in such an obvious "torn limb from limb and headless torso getting blown a mile away" way. In FO 1/2 bloody mess was gruesome, violent and dark-humory, and the combination of sound and visual effect sometimes even made it a disgusting experience. But it was definitely not as "hilarious" as here, where limbs and heads fly everywhere.

Ugh.

Bloody mess just always played the most extreme death animation possible for the specific weapon.

Ok, but in FO3 it just strikes me as too forced and over the top, wouldn't you agree? Or maybe it's just because the isometric perspective distanced the player a bit from the carnage, while in FO3 it seems too IN YOUR FACE HA LIMBS EVERYWEAR.

But I guess all this might change. Sigh.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Fallout 3 has no death animations, just ragdolls and dismemberment/gore. So yeah, the guy got shot in the head and all of his limbs flew off like they were attached to four separate howitzer shells fired simultaneously in different directions. Yeah, it was pretty stupid.

gc051360

Scholar
Quilty said:
Shoelip said:
Quilty said:

Ugh.

Ok, but in FO3 it just strikes me as too forced and over the top, wouldn't you agree? Or maybe it's just because the isometric perspective distanced the player a bit from the carnage, while in FO3 it seems too IN YOUR FACE HA LIMBS EVERYWEAR.

But I guess all this might change. Sigh.

It's the slow-mo, plus following the bullet. That's gonna get real old, real fast.

Even with over the top death animations, it's ok to have some subtlety.

denizsi

Arcane
Power armor do really look bad. Quoting myself for convenience:

denizsi said:
Curly, deceivingly "gentle" and comfortable looking armor in original games which looks to be a full body" wear and is basically similar to infantry armor in WH40K or SC (with enough bulkiness to suggest "wholeness" and the hidden "power" aspect of the armor):

fpa_org.jpg

The pointy tin-can of armor in F3 which looks like it was put together using scrap metal, worn in a "strap-on" (no pun intended) style; the stormtroopers of the wastelands:

fpa_f3.jpg

TinTroopers of the Wasteland FTW.

Quilty

Magister
Also, as somebody already mentioned, one of the things that was truly"WHAT.THE.FUCK." worthy was for me the enemy on the bridge (the "turd" as the narrator oh so classily calls him/her/too ugly to determine sex) who CROUCHED and soaked up bullets after having his weapon blown away from his hands. Then charged empty handed. Jesus.

gc051360

Scholar
Quilty said:
Also, as somebody already mentioned, one of the things that was truly"WHAT.THE.FUCK." worthy was for me the enemy on the bridge (the "turd" as the narrator oh so classily calls him/her/too ugly to determine sex) who CROUCHED and soaked up bullets after having his weapon blown away from his hands. Then charged empty handed. Jesus.

Yeah. And he couldn't target the head.

That raider thing was either surrendering, or sneaking, or taking a poop. Not sure. Todd Howard shows no mercy.

Shoelip

Arbiter
gc051360 said:
Quilty said:

Yeah. And he couldn't target the head.

That raider thing was either surrendering, or sneaking, or taking a poop. Not sure. Todd Howard shows no mercy.

The enemies in Oblivion never surrendered, neither did the enemies in Fallout. It sure would be strange if they did here.

Mareus

Magister
I just watched the clip and I am speechless. This is far worse than anything I have imagined. Its a bloody FPS! VATS is crap, and that fatman is just fucking stupid. Shooting off limbs with a sniper was stupid and looks unrealistic. The guy near the end lost a gun and then suddenly decided to take a poop? I mean WTF?! This is not Fallout. This is... this is... just horrible. It doesn't even seem to have decent gameplay of some shooters.... This is just bad.

PS. That centaur photo.. is that from FO3? WTF?! Wow.. this just gets better and better. Why don't they just take some of Doom monsters and seed them over the wastland. WTF!? :shock:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That's the trademark Fallout humour, Mareus. Guy almost dead? He goes take a dump! Hilarious!

Quilty

Magister
If that is indeed supposed to be the centaur from the original Fallouts, then it too is also completely wrong.

And my god, I tried listening to Todd one more time and it's just horrible. I mean the guy in that recent Far Cry 2 presentation was really irritating at certain points, but listening to the unbroken, whiny voice of a thirteen-year-old talking about being good with the ladies wins the day.

Comrade Hamster

Liturgist
What I want to know is why government military on a chopper decide to land and close in on an unknown with a full squad of TWO people. No dialogue, no reason, they just want to put you in a body bag. It might not be a fun end to the game, but I think I should be able to end the game by surrendering and possibly having my ass probed into oblivion.

DraQ

Arcane
Obviously, it's not Fallout or even an RPG.

It's an FPS, with crappy AI, lackluster combat, gimmicky pause-targeting serving as an excuse to show kills in a cinematic manner to make this lackluster combat more appealing, partially by camouflaging the crappiness of the AI, beyond-retarded nukapult (it's even less powerful than your average rocket launcher in your average FPS), and decent look with retrofuturistic style.

Might even be a fun shooter, but it's not what it should be.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
DraQ said:
Obviously, it's not Fallout or even an RPG.

It's an FPS, with crappy AI, lackluster combat, gimmicky pause-targeting serving as an excuse to show kills in a cinematic manner to make this lackluster combat more appealing, partially by camouflaging the crappiness of the AI, beyond-retarded nukapult (it's even less powerful than your average rocket launcher in your average FPS), and decent look with retrofuturistic style.

Might even be a fun shooter, but it's not what it should be.

How could it be a fun shooter while being built on "crappy AI, lackluster combat, gimmicky pause-targeting serving as an excuse to show kills in a cinematic manner to make this lackluster combat more appealing, partially by camouflaging the crappiness of the AI, beyond-retarded nukapult (it's even less powerful than your average rocket launcher in your average FPS), and decent look with retrofuturistic style."

I was also hoping that, maybe, FO3 could be playable as an "FPS with rpg elements." But it obviously fails at this. I truely don't understand who's Beth target. Fallout fan are angry at them. It ain't an RPG anymore. It's a dumb and slow FPS. And their VATS is so 'immershun'-breaking. So what's left? Who's gonna play this game? .... Aww oblivion-fans will.

Comrade Hamster

Liturgist
Some things just shouldn't be revived. The reanimated zombie corpse of Fallout screams to be released from its decay.

Thought I'd add a picture for you to illustrate:

ftc.gif

ricolikesrice

Arcane

some of you have really, really low standards for shooters.... not only that cod4 or bioshock are sometimes mentioned as great games around here ..... but to top that such an abomination (fallout 3) gets called "might be an entertaining shooter".... when i thought the vids main point was "oh my god, with such terrible gameplay, i hope it has ALOT more to offer, because as a plain shooter it will be utter shit".

that beeing said, just like bioshock and CoD4 it will sell millions , so dont get your hopes up for another daikatana ;)

DraQ

Arcane
Ogg said:
How could it be a fun shooter while being built on "crappy AI, lackluster combat, gimmicky pause-targeting serving as an excuse to show kills in a cinematic manner to make this lackluster combat more appealing, partially by camouflaging the crappiness of the AI, beyond-retarded nukapult (it's even less powerful than your average rocket launcher in your average FPS), and decent look with retrofuturistic style." will.
It looks better than oblivious and I've heard that some folks enjoyed oblivious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom