Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Finally got around to playing Strange Journey

zwanzig_zwoelf

Alright, I just beat the game, and I need to take the steam off my chest. Spoilers below, don't read this post unless you want to spoil all the fun/butthurt.

It took me 63 hours to get through this game.
First 40-45 hours were fun (before encountering Jack's Squad), the other part of the game was boring. So boring, I was hoping that each next sector would be the last.
Seriously, first of all, not much happens after that. Second, they used the idea of 'failed escape' so often, I was expecting that this game will take forever.
And FFS, I was expecting that after Delphinus, the next sector would be Earth and we would kick demon asses around the planet.
But no, instead we go around the same dungeons, now with noticeably repetitive graphics.
Eridanus was infuriating, Fornax was okay, Grus was boring, Horologium was both boring and infuriating.
Not to mention Mem Aleph.
And where the fuck did Mastema go after I wiped my ass with Zelenin's pretty face?

Anyway, I should summarize my impressions.
The game was really good in the beginning, but the last few sectors felt uninspired. Overall, I liked the game. Nice graphics, nice music, pretty nice gameplay formula. But it would be better if the game was shorter. Like, 45 hours instead of my 63.
Someday I will surely replay it. But for now, I should move on to Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei and Revelations: Persona.

Also, the game is a nice way to introduce yourself to SMT franchise. Before I played this game, I couldn't force myself to beat any of them.

I will add a piece of advice to whoever plans to play this game. DO NOT try to avoid combat by talking too much, because then you'll be forced to grind. And grinding in this game is just boring, and after doing that for like 20 minutes you'll find out that washing dishes is way more fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom