Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Final Fantasy VII Re-released for PC

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
FF VIII was fantastic, but the end game was so very lame... FF IX IMHO is better, but the character design usually puts people off, and the end game is even worse than VIII....most random villain ever...

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does anyone really want to play FF VII today? I thought all the people who liked it when they were fourteen are now old enough to realize the game is not that good, while 14-year-olds in 2012 won't even look at it because of crappy graphics.

Angthoron

Arcane
Does anyone really want to play FF VII today? I thought all the people who liked it when they were fourteen are now old enough to realize the game is not that good, while 14-year-olds in 2012 won't even look at it because of crappy graphics.

Yeah, both populations have moved on to BioWare's Brand of Emotional Engagement.

Black

Arcane
Ok, leaving the closet. I think FF VIII's junction system could lead to some interesting things- linking spells to stats and skills. The way it was done in VIII was pretty meh but it was something new.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
FF8 junction system was a total crap. Hey player, wanna do some magic? Then go around the fucking world for hours and steal it from monsters, you bedouin, you slave.
In FF8, the player is fucked twice as much as in any other typical JRPG: there's not only the usual retarded grinding in random encounters, but also a set of spells player is forced to replenish, or even worse: to look for them.

Suchy

Arcane
WWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

ITT...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I was actually considering buying this (just for the MIDI portions). Then I realized it was only available on the shit Square website. And it has Secure Rom shit. WTF? Seriously Square.

Whatever.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It still has the MIDI music? Nice. I wonder how this will sound in my General MIDI Roland JV-1080?
Probably like crap. It's one of the few games composed for the Yamaha XG instead of Roland GS or straight General MIDI, so you're likely to get some parts either not playing or playing the wrong tone.

FF8 junction system was a total crap. Hey player, wanna do some magic? Then go around the fucking world for hours and steal it from monsters, you bedouin, you slave.
In FF8, the player is fucked twice as much as in any other typical JRPG: there's not only the usual retarded grinding in random encounters, but also a set of spells player is forced to replenish, or even worse: to look for them.

Grinding is unnecessary because of the level scaling, and farming spells for hours is also unnecessary because you don't really need 99 charges of each spell at all times.

Unwanted

Unwanted
Between this and baldurs gate Remake- which one is worse and why?

Bahamut

Arcane

I had similar feelings as one you described, FFVII bas basicaly my first PSX game back then i didnt even know what the fuck RPG is, so i really enjoyed is as it was, and i had good memories of it, but when i replayed it, like two years ago i was amazed how the story and dialogue sucked, but the nostalgia factor still had me in so i just turned off my brain off and embraced the decline just the be in a state of mind i was when i played the game for first time.

Still bioware attempts to copy FF and still they fail :M

FF IX IMHO is better, but the character design usually puts people off, and the end game is even worse than VIII....most random villain ever...

Well when i first saw IX pics i thought 'wtf is this shit' but when i finaly played it was p.good and i forgot about that crappy char design it had, also the story as whole (besides that lolrandom last boss) was quiet good for an FF

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't really like the game but this is not actually true, because of the diablo (about 1/6 of the game in) no-enc ability + the hidden spots around the world.

Granted, that turns it into a shitty memory game. But you don't really have to junction anything, because the enemies are level scaled. It might even be a bit better to be constantly underlevelled (say level 20 at the end) % unscaled spells (a few).

Unwanted

Unwanted
That is exactly true. Having learned about the scaled enemies i didnt even bother grinding much and juSt spammed irvine hypershot all day long, i also recalled the stipend system making afk earning so easy. That said it wasnt the best of final fantavsy, plot is shit screwy junction shitty optional content - very forgettable compared to ff6

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Lol, they want £7.99 for it AND it has SecuROM? Yeah right. Never finished 7 since it's shit, so I thought I might give this a try... but seems I don't need to bother.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
So I googled FF7 mods and found that everyone rave's about some graphical driver thing - "AALI’S CUSTOM GRAPHICS DRIVER" - but all the links I could find were dead. Does anyone have that thing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom