Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Final Fantasy VII is a better RPG than Mass Effect 2

Kz3r0

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:
Posting in a Final Fantasy thread.
:M

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't know how to feel about this thread. Someone post a dancing bear goddammit.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Xor said:
I don't know how to feel about this thread. Someone post a dancing bear goddammit.

2926869841_46e4ef508b_o.gif

tennishero

Novice
its true that all jrpgs are shit

but its also true that rolling dice D&D was never real RPG

it was a short term fix untill PCs could "do" real RPGs

its also true that anything dungeon and dragons is fucking shit

Butcer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
hanssolo said:
The materia system in FFVII allows for more meaningful character customization than 'powers' in ME2. At the level cap of 30, Shephard has 51 squad points available, enough to max out all but one of the default 5 powers for any class. Should Square Enix make ME3?

NONONO , mass effect 2 owns ffvii

The things i hate about the ff series is the older ones your progandist always looked like a 10 year old with a 6 feet sword, in the newer ones your progandist is a closet case emo that does nothign but bitch trough the entire game

No wait thats all Jrpgs, either you are a kid with a giant sword or a skinny faggot emo bitch

saenz

Scholar
[PERCEPTION] Seeing as ME2 isn't really an RPG, doesn't that mean FF wins by default?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Maybe we should change the title to "better CRPG". Then the comparison becomes exactly as meaningless as it was meant to be :smug:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
trym88 said:
Jools said:
http://spoonyexperiment.com/2007/04/04/final-fantasy-viii-review-part-1/

Stupid fag trys really hard to be funny

I stopped playing FF's at VII so I don't know whether he's right or not about FF8, but the video review -is- funny (whether you like it or not that he might be bashing your favourite game) and if he's right about some aspect of the game, I'm glad I stopped at nr. 7.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
What's funny about the video review is actually likes the game. L0L

FF8 is an awesome game but it does have its faults.

Pablosdog

Prophet
Final fantasy 6 was the much better game.

But no Mass effect 2 is a way better experience than that piss that is final fantasy 7. I used to think it had a deep and involving story...i was ten.

hanssolo

Educated
Pablosdog said:
But no Mass effect 2 is a way better experience than that piss that is final fantasy 7. I used to think it had a deep and involving story...i was ten.

ME2's story is neither deep nor involving. You are 11.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom