Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Fill in a survey and get Realms of Arkania 1 & 2 for free

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: GOG; Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny; Realms of Arkania: Star Trail

The potato enthusiasts over at GOG.com are offering a pretty nice deal. Fill in a survey and get RoA 1 & 2 for free!

1. Complete the survey below.
2. Enter your correct e-mail address.
3. Get a copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2 sent to you via mail next week.
4. If you own RoA 1+2 you can gift it to a friend!​

Click here to go to the survey. Less than half the questions actually require an answer, so it shouldn't take long.

Last edited by a moderator:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Answered and told them glorious RPG Codex taught me about GOG. Hope it helps you guys. :salute:

Also, potato people can't into gathering data, they should be able to know my "join date" and "number of purchases" from their own data, I can't believe their system is so dumb it doesn't gather those infos automatically...

Notorious

Augur
Already have the Amiga version (Yep Pirated), the CD versions, so I think I will give it a pass.

But if you for whatever reason don't have it yet, then go for it and play one of the best RPG's out there.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
"I stopped buying games at G.O.G. due to the whole "pay 1000 Euro for pirating The Witcher 2" thing. I condemn the special 20x "loss" compensation privilege that the copyright lobby has bought for itself and won't buy stuff from companies that use it.

I will start buying again if Mr. S.S. Captain will pay his special 1000 Euro compensation to authors for every copy of game he pirated in his whole life, especially in his Katharsis days and post a public proof of it."

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
"I stopped buying games at G.O.G. due to the whole "pay 1000 Euro for pirating The Witcher 2" thing. I condemn the special 20x "loss" compensation privilege that the copyright lobby has bought for itself and won't buy stuff from companies that use it.

I will start buying again if Mr. S.S. Captain will pay his special 1000 Euro compensation to authors for every copy of game he pirated in his whole life, especially in his Katharsis days and post a public proof of it."
I'm sure that the intern who reads this will pass it on to the CDP top brass.

Stelcio

Savant
Also, potato people can't into gathering data, they should be able to know my "join date" and "number of purchases" from their own data, I can't believe their system is so dumb it doesn't gather those infos automatically...
Maybe they wanted to know how trustful are your answers. Plus there are some non-free games that you could get for free and they aren't any different from other non-free games in database - at least that's what it looks like in your library.

Morkar Left

Answered and told them glorious RPG Codex taught me about GOG. Hope it helps you guys. :salute:

Did and thought exactly the same! And grumbled a bit because I had to count the games and remebering which were free (not all of them are tagged as free) ...

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Thanks, may as well. I just recently signed up for that potato website to get my hands on King of Dragon Pass.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does anyone know if those two are compatible, meaning that you can import in 2 the characters of 1? Some versions are not compatible that way and result in every character having the portrait of a child in RoA 2.

belated

Augur
I was surprised I didn't have them already, must have skipped them since I have the CDs. Don't mind having the GOG-versions as well though.

And a Codex mention as where I first heard of them of course. Trying to make up for always forgetting to use the GOG banner here when I go there to buy stuff...

mote

Novice
You guys should harass GOG like I've been doing about getting the German-language version of Realms of Arkania 2 licensed. That way they can integrate the audio of the German CD release with the English translation of the Sir-Tech release. They said they were "working on it" like years ago. And RoA2 is like one of the best RPG's ever made.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Filled out the survey and got to the part where they asked how many games I purchased. Only four: Arx Fatalis, The Incredible Machine Pack, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, and Evil Genius (which I didn't enjoy as much as Dungeon Keeper). I'm still slogging my way through Might and Magic 2, which is a lot of fun. I beat Might and Magic 1 last month, and still have MM 3, 4 and 5 to play through. Plus I made the mistake of trying the start of Magic Candle 1 and the Dark Heart of Uukrul out of curiosity and now have those games in the queue. These games are huge, and I have no idea when I might finish them off and get the time to purchase a non-abandonware game, though Thief is awfully tempting.

Gog.com has been very good to me. They have given me Ultima: Savage Empire, Ultima: Martian Dreams, Treasure Adventure Game, Fallout, Empire Earth, Lure of the Temptress, Tyrian: 2000 (keeps the kids quiet on long trips), Dragonsphere, Beneath a Steel Sky, Teen Agent and Ultima 4 for free. And now Realms of Arkania 1+2. Yes, I know a number of these games are already free, but I like how they did the DOSBox work for me and also included electronic additions such as manuals and maps.

DaveO

Erudite
I filled out the survey even though I already have RoA 1-3. Nothing wrong with getting digital copies of the game for free. I also commented that they should work on improving their support on the game forums.

GaemzDood

Educated
Massive survey :incline: for Realms of Arkania 1 & 2 alone. To think surveys used to be complete & utter bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom