Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FFT Replay

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
So I was thinkin:
Ramza - Squire, Draw Out, Blade Grasp, Magic Attack Up
Agrias - Knight, Holy Sword, Blade Grasp, Physical Attack Up
Generic Chick- Ninja, Steal, Blade Grasp, Concentrate

I was trying to figure out what the other two ought to be.
Chemist Mustadio is an obvious choice. Also, maybe a Lancer? Later on I'll probably go Reis + Beowulf.

I don't plan on using a calculator or Orlandu.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I forgot how awesome this game is.

Battle Dictionary. The guy reads the dictionary at someone, there is a boing noise, and they suffer damage. lolwut

Veracity

Liturgist
kingcomrade said:
Why, because that'd be broken? I assume you're doing 97 Brave to go with all those Blade Grasps?

How many of the 'can't die if female' accessory is it easy to get? Recollection hazy, but I think they came from silly hunting of your own monster units, so as many as you like? So maybe set up a Dancer in the interests of having a vaguely useful global effect generator that can abuse that.

Müg

Scholar
I always thought Calculator was the best class name ever. Or was it an ability? It was still awesome.

Lurkar

Scholar
kingcomrade said:
So I was thinkin:

Chemist Mustadio is an obvious choice. Also, maybe a Lancer? Later on I'll probably go Reis + Beowulf.

Draw Out always confused me. "I shall use the ancient and most powerful Japanese art of purposefully breaking my weapon!"

Also, whatever the monk's ability line is called is actually pretty damn useful.

Unfortunately, there's little to no reason to use Generic Allies once you get the characters. Even Melodioul is better. Only reason to use that Generic Chick is if you're going against someone that has something you want to steal.

As for jobs and such, I never got much use out of the knight abilities, especially not for Agrias. I typically get most characters to stay as their perfered type (Except Mustadio) and stick another jobs' abilities on them.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Lurkar said:
kingcomrade said:
So I was thinkin:

Draw Out always confused me. "I shall use the ancient and most powerful Japanese art of purposefully breaking my weapon!"

Also, whatever the monk's ability line is called is actually pretty damn useful.

Unfortunately, there's little to no reason to use Generic Allies once you get the characters. Even Melodioul is better. Only reason to use that Generic Chick is if you're going against someone that has something you want to steal.

As for jobs and such, I never got much use out of the knight abilities, especially not for Agrias. I typically get most characters to stay as their perfered type (Except Mustadio) and stick another jobs' abilities on them.
Draw Out only has a ~12% chance of breaking the sword, and the reason you should keep using generic characters is because you've invested a lot of job points into them, while your new characters have to start over.

Agrias and them's base class have mediocre stat growth.

Then again, it's all kinda pointless. As you get later into the game its all pretty much 1-2 hit kills on everything and gets pretty boring. FFT is really only worth playing through the first 3 chapters, maybe.

Lurkar

Scholar
Yeah, I never payed much attention to stat growth, as it never really seemed to matter too much. I suppose I could min/max everything, but that tends to take the fun and what challenge there is out of it.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
awesomedialogue.jpg

psycojester

Arbiter
"Vicious vexing verbosity vanquishes vile venomous voracious adversaries in vengeful vendettas."

I believe it should be villains not adversaries.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom