Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favourite race in TES games?

Favourite rase in Elder scrools games?

• Imperials

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Breton

Votes: 38 15.5%
  • Nord

Votes: 23 9.4%
  • Nigger

Votes: 23 9.4%
  • Altmer

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Bosmer

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Dunmer

Votes: 71 29.0%
  • Ork

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Lizards

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Cats

Votes: 21 8.6%

• Total voters

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Is there a spreadsheet for each game that lists their bonuses/skills and progression rates?
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Races

MW-race-Argonian.jpg
MW-race-Dunmer.jpg
MW-race-Breton.jpg

MW-race-Bosmer.jpg
MW-race-Imperial.jpg
MW-race-Nord.jpg

M. AQVILA

Arcane
If went by traits and abilities then I would say Breton, since I like to mix combat and magic skills. But there's something I came to realize, I don't like playing as a manlet. I'm 193cm in real life, and it just feels off playing as a short race. So, Nord all the way.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
ee7f10e2cd3347497dfbb5ed4dda2130.gif

That is surely a very ridiculous mod. And why?
tumblr_obutefZy551ua8ev9o1_500.gif

So that’s skyrim eh? Proto BG3 experience years ago.

Was it good I stopped at daggerfall and didn’t continue? I certainly have all the games now on GOG.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I think I only played Bretons, Nords, and Redguards. I think too many elves just annoyed me on what choice, I wan’t interested in scaly or furry. I just don’t recall as it has been a long while. I spent far more time on Arena on a few alts trying to find the big artifacts with little success.

Alex

Arcane
My favourite TES race is Rodfall Grand Prix. Now it is true that Formula Wind added courses that are more handicrafted, with attention to detail and much less labyrinth-like. But Rodfall still has various advantages. The custom chassis feature there is much more interesting than the one in FW, for starters. Also I rather liked that the foil effect in RF scaled with race number; even if the foil maker in FW allowed you to add more effects. Besides, getting to pilot the Numidium in the last course was pretty fun; though I still think it is bs that you don't get to use him in the other courses.

To be fair, the fuel formula feature in FW is much better than the one in RF and I actually like how broken it is. But I am still pissed at how often Cliff would always appear right next to you all the time. And don't even get me started on Vivec and his stupid spear stabbing you whenever he was behind you, what is this, mario kart?

Last edited:

Funposter

Arcane
Across all of the games, Bretons, because I enjoy the allusions to historical medieval France and England along with the element of distant Elvish ancestry resulting in magicka proficiency. I love the Dunmer in Morrowind (who doesn't?) but they were made really lame in Oblivion and Skyrim. Orcs are fun in Morrowind and Skyrim, and I also like the Khajiit despite them being furries. I think the only races that I particularly dislike are Redguards and Wood Elves, mainly because their presentation is fairly bland or annoying across the three Howard-era games. All of the others have something fun or interesting going on.

Xelocix

Learned
1). Dunmer/Chimer - These n'wahs are what made TES interesting and TES hasn't been 1% as good since Morrowind/Kirkbride days.
2). Dwemer - Ditto. They were a lot cooler in Morrowind but their presence in other games are largely why said games are intriguing at all.
3). Nords/Atmorans - Aryan master race gets 3rd place for being Aryan master race.
4). Altmer/Aldmer - Racist elves. Altmer are the Aryans of Mer. Total nigger death vibes.
5). Argonians - Scaly bait but not nearly as bad as the Khajiit for that shit. They just want to vibe in their little swamps. ESO made them unbearably ugly though.
6). Imperials/Bretons - Bretons are just magical slutty Imperials so they get lumped together. Imperials got really cringe after Oblivion and Bretons are mixed race so automatically get cringe points.
7). Khajiit - I used to like the Khajiit a lot but lost interest since they never evolve beyond just being low IQ turkish/gypsy stereotypes or slaves unless you make your character one and RP otherwise.
8). Orismer - Orcs have been done better a million times in other things. They're lame. Orc women are kind of hot in that tsundere dommy I want to lick her abs gym girl kind of way tho.
9). Bosmer - HAHAHAHAHA FUCKING MANLETS HAHAHAHAA YOU FAGGOTS WILL ALWAYS BE MOGGED ROFL. YOUR WOMEN WILL ALWAYS RIDE AND CHOKE ON NON-BOSMER COCKS.
10). Redguard - WE WUZ KANGS!! Should've been removed and replaced by the Tsaesci. Token nigger race for pozzed redditors.
11). Every other race - They are all forgettable and suck.

Last edited:

GoblinMerchant

Literate
Morrowind has biased me towards liking Dunmeri/Chimer/Dwemer culture but I still think Bretons can be the most interesting. I am biased because I like half-elves overall because they are stuck between two vastly different cultures, though the Elder Scrolls doesn't usually do too much with that concept.

I would probably like khajit more if Bethesda actually allowed for non-humanoids variants but that requires extra work so they'll never do it.

Interesting: Dunmer, Bosmer, Argonians, Khajit, Imperials
OK: Altmer, Redguards
Boring: Nords, Bretons, Orcs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom