Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Favorite cRPG cover art/boxart/promo art

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
zCM0WSN.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut

I know it was already shared, and I mentioned how I've told my daughter that the dragon looks like our Boston Terrier, but I wanted to share a photo of my boxed copy of Dragon Wars for the Amiga.

I just adopted two kittens over the weekend, so during the past two days my dog has been perpetually stuck in the dragons position, locked in a stand off with the male cat.
How are the kittens tho

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I know it was already shared, and I mentioned how I've told my daughter that the dragon looks like our Boston Terrier, but I wanted to share a photo of my boxed copy of Dragon Wars for the Amiga.

I just adopted two kittens over the weekend, so during the past two days my dog has been perpetually stuck in the dragons position, locked in a stand off with the male cat.
How are the kittens tho
Haha they're alright! Thank you for asking. I'm not a cat person but I'd promised my daughter and those two kittens were siblings who belonged to a Pakistani neighbor who just entered university and didn't have anywhere else for them to go, so we took them in. They were already outdoors cats half the time anyway and winter was fast approaching, so I brought them in and bathed them and combed them with flea shampoo and they've been here ever since. They get along perfectly well with the dog now, but they themselves are like dogs and constantly seek affection so I am frequently risking falling to my death every time I go downstairs where they swarm my legs the moment they hear me coming. It was in November 2021 when I posted about adoping them, so they're probably a year and a half old now (they were I think 3 months old when I took them in, November... they were born that summer to the mother cat that still lives with that girl, or at least she took her when she moved out, so maybe born in July or August, something like that), they aren't kittens anymore but they aren't fully grown yet, more like tweens haha. I'll post a photo if you want to see what they look like now.

Codex Year of the Donut

How are the kittens tho
Haha they're alright! Thank you for asking. I'm not a cat person but I'd promised my daughter and those two kittens were siblings who belonged to a Pakistani neighbor who just entered university and didn't have anywhere else for them to go, so we took them in. They were already outdoors cats half the time anyway and winter was fast approaching, so I brought them in and bathed them and combed them with flea shampoo and they've been here ever since. They get along perfectly well with the dog now, but they themselves are like dogs and constantly seek affection so I am frequently risking falling to my death every time I go downstairs where they swarm my legs the moment they hear me coming. It was in November 2021 when I posted about adoping them, so they're probably a year and a half old now (they were I think 3 months old when I took them in, November... they were born that summer to the mother cat that still lives with that girl, or at least she took her when she moved out, so maybe born in July or August, something like that), they aren't kittens anymore but they aren't fully grown yet, more like tweens haha. I'll post a photo if you want to see what they look like now.
Post cats

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
20230129-030000-1.jpg

Ok here they are, I put my nearest games to hand, both from this thread (Eye of the Beholder and Black Crypt for Amiga) in the photo.
I took one of my dog too but she was asleep, only the cats are nocturnal like me, so she looks pretty mad lol. But you can see the resemblance to the Dragon Wars dragon now. It is much darker here than the photo shows, the light from my phone woke her up haha

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Sabox.jpg

For me this is one of the cheesiest box art's ever, its still great though.
A half-naked (savage) woman A pair of big boobs + a man with a gun* + ... dinosaurs? Poorly drawn at that. And some ruins.
Nothing cheesy about it.

*Not your typical model of Badass Gun(tm).

Still great though. Good times when boobs were bigger and half naked. Also the covers were cheesy(ier) but at the same time often very stylish. <nostalgia>

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Awesome game that I should have brought to tabletop pnp D&D. I started drawing a lot of ruined cities after that game.

d1nolore

Savant
I wonder if game companies will ever stop F’ing around making butt fugly graphics and actually fulfill the promise of making games with in game graphics like the old box art

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Ah! You aren't a fan of Stuart Smith philosophy? I think Fracas has a quote I'm looking for. It is something about imagination and whatnot.

Aemar

Arcane
Might-and-Magic-VI-Mandate-of-Heaven.jpg

Complete artwork for MMVI, by Larry Elmore. There's something odd about the dragon though; it looks like he's hovering above the fallen warrior, surrounded by the three closest opponents, yet, at the same time, it seems his right foot stands firm on the ground at the mouth of the cave, which is quite at a distance in the background. The way the approaching rider holding that magic sword looks at the dragon suggests the creature is quite close.

Faarbaute

Arbiter
Might-and-Magic-VI-Mandate-of-Heaven.jpg

Complete artwork for MMVI, by Larry Elmore. There's something odd about the dragon though; it looks like he's hovering above the fallen warrior, surrounded by the three closest opponents, yet, at the same time, it seems his right foot stands firm on the ground at the mouth of the cave, which is quite at a distance in the background. The way the approaching rider holding that magic sword looks at the dragon suggests the creature is quite close.
I always loved the Lancer motif, recurrent in a lot of older fantasy artwork.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom