Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 5 - set in the exotic open world of MONTANA

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I've already seen some comments around about FC 5 being anti-christian or controversial, but what's really controversial there?
Last 2 Far Cryes had heavy relligious stuff too. In FC3 you were becoming tribal holy warrior, you had relligious tattoes, looked for artifacts of relligion. Damn, you could have become holy zealot at the end.

In FC 4 we had even more of that, shrines, Shnagri-la thing, karma system... and some other thigns that would be mentioned if I finished the game, which I did not.

It's the same pattern, religious folks in their natural habitat and shooting. The only diffrence is that it's much more sensitive for most people beceause it's about America and beceause it advertises showing relligiues stuff.
Nothing really controversial.

Of course warming up the atmosphere to gain some clicks on drama is typicall, just don't fall for it.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Will be interesting to see if you don't "shoot republicans" as much as help the normal citizens there against the cult. That'd basically kill most of the controversy, and is thus a perfect big publisher -move.
Well, it does appear that they made some concessions, mainly in the portrayal of religion (like having a black christian priest as one of the good guys), but from that Polygon text it looks like they won't shirk from pushing the risky buttons.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I've already seen some comments around about FC 5 being anti-christian or controversial, but what's really controversial there?
Last 2 Far Cryes had heavy relligious stuff too. In FC3 you were becoming tribal holy warrior, you had relligious tattoes, looked for artifacts of relligion.
In FC 4 we had even more of that, shrines, Shnagri-la thing... and some other thigns that would be mentioned if I finished the game, which I did not.

It's the same pattern, religious folks in their natural habitat and shooting. The only diffrence is that it's much more sensitive for most people beceause it's about America and beceause it advertises showing relligiues stuff.
Christians tend to be perpetually offended. News at 11.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Will be interesting to see if you don't "shoot republicans" as much as help the normal citizens there against the cult. That'd basically kill most of the controversy, and is thus a perfect big publisher -move.
Well, it does appear that they made some concessions, mainly in the portrayal of religion (like having a black christian priest as one of the good guys), but from that Polygon text it looks like they won't shirk from pushing the risky buttons.

It's polygon though. Maybe they just believe really hard that another big publisher will go all-out on the risks.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Last 2 Far Cryes had heavy relligious stuff too. In FC3 you were becoming tribal holy warrior, you had relligious tattoes, looked for artifacts of relligion.
In FC 4 we had even more of that, shrines, Shnagri-la thing... and some other thigns that would be mentioned if I finished the game, which I did not.

Why don't game designers try offending niggers, faggots and kikes for a change?

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

Didn't take you for a christian. The more you know...

Jarmaro

Liturgist

Only very sensitive people who got beat by daddy when they were young would be offended by this game.

Rali56

Novice
Last 2 Far Cryes had heavy relligious stuff too. In FC3 you were becoming tribal holy warrior, you had relligious tattoes, looked for artifacts of relligion. Damn, you could have become holy zealot at the end.

In FC 4 we had even more of that, shrines, Shnagri-la thing, karma system... and some other thigns that would be mentioned if I finished the game, which I did not.

Of course warming up the atmosphere to gain some clicks on drama is typicall, just don't fall for it.
Think it's more the current political climate than anything if this was released about 2-3 years ago I don't think anybody would've cared about it.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

Only very sensitive people who got beat by daddy when they were young would be offended by this game.

I think you didn't get beat by your daddy enough.

I was implying you are a Jew, since you want to insult Christians and get away with it (like Jews do).

Gt+rat+faced+penis+clippers+oh+goyim+my+sides+_6746bd37d8ae1e8773198a9609fbf140.jpg

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Well, people who subscribe to identity politics tend to be like that, and tend to not to have much life outside of their choose identity. Hence, they are easy to provoke and hurt.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron

Well, people who subscribe to identity politics tend to be like that, and tend to not to have much life outside of their choose identity. Hence, they are easy to provoke and hurt.

Says the faggot who deletes his posts after having his retarded shit pushed in.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

... said the man who repeatedly deleted his posts after people disagreed with his sentiments :D

Edit: The brazilian shinobi ninja'ed me, great minds think alike or whatever

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
since you want to insult Christians and get away with it (like Jews do).
I have a question for you.
Do you think people from Tribal Comunites or Buddists from Tibet got insulted by FC3 and FC4 and if yes, did they have right to be insulted?

Like I fucking care for those disgusting heathens. In my opinion they should be converted to Catholicism or genocided.

Rali56

Novice
Do you think people from Tribal Comunites or Buddists from Tibet got insulted by FC3 and FC4 and if yes, did they have right to be insulted?

Like I fucking care for those disgusting heathens. In my opinion they should be converted to Catholicism or genocided.
:edgy:
Watch the edge there pal.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

... said the man who repeatedly deleted his posts after people disagreed with his sentiments :D

Edit: The brazilian shinobi ninja'ed me, great minds think alike or whatever

Dont forget that he got warned by Infinitron for spamming reports during a one discussion.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron

:edgy:
Watch the edge there pal.

You must be new here, I've been repeating this here for 5 years.

It's just a joke, ok!? I'm not really a crusader irl, it's just a role I play on the internet. Lighten up!

decaf

Learned
So there's complaints when game lets you kill muslims and blacks, but when game lets you kill christians and whites instead, no complaints to be seen.

Really makes you think.

Momock

Augur
It's a AAA game. They have to sell. You're not going to kill all whiteys, there will be blacks and latinos in the evil cult too, I bet it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom