Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Famous and memorable RPG quotes

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Sarevok: Hand over your ward and no one will be hurt. If you resist it shall be a waste of your life.
Gorion: You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt.
Sarevok: I'm sorry that you feel that way old man.
Gorion: Run, child, get out of here!

DAMAGE TAKEN
DAMAGE TAKEN
DAMAGE TAKEN
DAMAGE TAKEN
DAMAGE TAKEN
DAMAGE TAKEN
DAMAGE TAKEN

Kavax

Scholar
Some more from Fallout 2.

"I'll get you during my next save game."
--Chosen One

"You'd think there's only ten kinds of people in the world. Way I figure it, there was some big cloning accident in the past."
--Mason

"You'll not find a greater hive of scum and villainy. Now where did I hear that?"
--Whiskey Bob

"Apples rule. If it weren't for a conspiracy on the part of fruit manufacturers we'd all have apples."
--Wooz

"I won! Fuck you! You are dumb. I have crushed you."
--Wooz

"Wish I had some other map I could go to."
--Mercenary

"Sometimes I feel like a magic 8-ball. I just spout random sayings and walk away."
--Broken Hills resident

"Why, I hear that tribals eat their damn dead."
"How else could we grok their essence?"
--Josh and the Chosen One

"Nothing more boring than bein' in a coffin for months."
--Coffin Willie

"You should be glad I'm with you to point out all your stupid mistakes."
--Myron

"Tandi job. Me want."
"You can't take the president's job!"
"No?"
"NO! You are dumb."
--The Chosen One and Gunther

"When I was five, my uncle was decapitated by a watermelon."
--Dave

"Now I suppose you're going to tell me you're just out looking for a water chip. Do I look dumb?"
--Enclave patrolman

"Radscorpions? What's so rad about them?"
--New Reno comedian

"Wow! I feel as if I've passed some arbitrary experience value and gained more power!"
--Marcus

"Look, causing that much destruction wasn't easy!"
--The Chosen One

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I lol'd yesterday when playing the Witcher. I went to the druids in the swamps, and one of them said:

'I hope you are not one of these idiots that want a magical potion that gives inhuman strength from us'

avalon

Novice
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BpcuiWR4Y_8, Fallout 2, Enclave trooper on the radio in Gecko

"The president of the United fucking States of America, who do you think I was talking about? Who the fu- who is- wha- I should kick your fucking ass! Who is this!? ... Ohhh you're a wiseguy, huh? Look, I'm tracing you right now pal, let's see how smart you feel with Internal Security all over your fricking ass. ..dickhead." (you sure got told)

Texas Red

Whiner
avalon said:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BpcuiWR4Y_8, Fallout 2, Enclave trooper on the radio in Gecko

"The president of the United fucking States of America, who do you think I was talking about? Who the fu- who is- wha- I should kick your fucking ass! Who is this!? ... Ohhh you're a wiseguy, huh? Look, I'm tracing you right now pal, let's see how smart you feel with Internal Security all over your fricking ass. ..dickhead." (you sure got told)

Huh. Does the Enclave actually arrive? Anything else happen?

dagorkan

Arbiter
NPC1: I saw a mudcrab the other day...

NPC2: Horrible creatures! I avoid them whenever I can.

NPC1: Hmm. Let me ask you something else.

Kaiserin

Liturgist
Dark Individual said:

It might have just been a weird bug, but I recall pissing them off when I was younger to come back and find Gecko empty.

SkeleTony

Augur
Livonya said:
"Sleep lightly taskmaster..." - Monteran bg1

"I'll suffer this group no more! Best ye sleep with one eye open." - Monteran bg1

Plus pretty much anything from Jagged Alliance 2 (especially Razor, Fox, Fidel, Dr. Q, and the list goes on...)

Check out this thread for quotes from Jagged Alliance 2.

http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ub ... #Post45951

Jagged Alliance 2 had some of the best voice acting ever. I just love hearing their voices. The memories are so old that some of those characters seem like old friends.

- Livonya

QFT. It is just amazing how you can replay JA2 dozens and dozens of times and STILL hear new and hilarious dialog you missed before. My favorite was once when I had Buzz in my squad and killed Doreen the factory/sweatshop overseer and Buzz said something like "Hmmm...bitter, unsatisfied, depressed...she must have slept with Lynx."(the actual quote was much funnier but I cannot remember it word for word).

Also when you leave a message with Ivan or Barry and you get their confused 'Engrish'. Classic!

BG2 had soem great dialog as well(mostly from Minsc) but not 'JA2 great'.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dark Individual said:
avalon said:

geckonl8.jpg

Mr Happy

Scholar
Hello, Jagged Alliance 2:

Buzz, when enemy retreats: "Pulled out early. Typical men."

Fox, when she picks up something good: "Finally, something worth bending over for."

Texas Red

Whiner
In FO 2 when you first talk to Metzger as a woman:

"What the hell do you want, bitch? This is the Slaver's Guild, not some fucking whorehouse."

This one always got me laughing.

1eyedking

Erudite
Black said:
inwoker said:
Cool, aimed burst.
Holy cow. The encounter was implemented differently on killap's Restoarion Mod, however: you found the encounter in the desert the moment you got out of Gecko.

Also, I fucking love Steroid Gontarsky's quotes from JA2, very Schwarzenegger-like (explosions behind the portrait and all):
"Robert Gontarsky is, umm, unavoidable right now. Tell me who you are and what you want, and maybe I put him in touch with you. Maybe not."

Fucking gold man, fucking gold...

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The black wind howls. One among you... will shortly perish...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom