Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Fallout: New Vegas previewed

zioburosky13

Educated
Oxm is like a hooker trying to sell herself out for fame and glory. :smug:

CrimHead

Scholar
According to OXM, Bethesda are not working on the next Elder Scrolls game, but "an Oblivion sequel..."

:roll:

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
CrimHead said:
According to OXM, Bethesda are not working on the next Elder Scrolls game, but "an Oblivion sequel..."

oblivion wasn't a "morrowind sequel"?

also lol at the NMA fanboys bawwwwwwwwing at... something, I can't really tell. game looks fun but obsidian will find a way to make it more buggy than fo3 I'm sure

CrimHead

Scholar
Jaime Lannister said:
CrimHead said:

oblivion wasn't a "morrowind sequel"?

also lol at the NMA fanboys bawwwwwwwwing at... something, I can't really tell. game looks fun but obsidian will find a way to make it more buggy than fo3 I'm sure

A guy on NMA raised the same point as me. Refer to this article to see what I'm talking about ----->http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=12966

Just as those assholes at OXM seem to ignore the existence of the Fallout series prior to Fallout:Bethesda, they seem to think The Elder Scrolls began with Oblivion, or that the previous games in the series don't matter.

.Sigurd

Educated
Jaime Lannister said:
CrimHead said:

A guy on NMA raised the same point as me. Refer to this article to see what I'm talking about ----->http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=12966

Just as those assholes at OXM seem to ignore the existence of the Fallout series prior to Fallout:Bethesda, they seem to think The Elder Scrolls began with Oblivion, or that the previous games in the series don't matter.
Lord%20crying%20for%20the%20world.jpg

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Jaime Lannister said:
also lol at the NMA fanboys bawwwwwwwwing at... something, I can't really tell.

really? you're posting this at the biggest bawwwwww-site of all time? bawwwpot meet bawwwkettle.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
i feel like i'm missing something

do people expect fallout: new vegas to be a deep mind-changing experience

because lol

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Jaime Lannister said:
a bugfest worse than fo3
Why do people keep saying this? Obsidian may be "good" at delivering bug-ridden games but they are nowhere near Bethesda which is the real king of bugs. They are able to develop a product that has huge visual glitches only blind wouldn't see... and keeps crashing at a certain point close to the beginning... and it's not random, it happens with any PC/X-Box... and they have done that twice. It's like they don't even play their games before release.

MetalCraze

Arcane
MisterStone said:
Can we at least be sober enough for a moment to admit that this is probably the best thing imaginable given the dissolution of Black Isle and the existence of FO 3: a sequel produced by former Black Isle people?
Former Black Isle people? Where? Isn't it being developed by Obsidian?

This is as close to what you wankers want is you will ever get, try to be a little more optimistic.

I agree! Failout 3 will now have an Obsidian logo during the intro sequence - the game is saved

Jim Cojones

Prophet
MetalCraze said:
Feargus Urquhart, Chris Parker, Darren Monhan, Chris Avellone, Chris Jones, Josh E. Sawyer, Brian Menze, Scott Everts, Jeff Husges, Kihan Pak, Tramell Ray Isaac (T-Ray from New Reno ;)), Timothy Donley, Dennis Presnell, Aaron Brown, Jeff McAteer, Aaron J. Meyers, Jeff Husges, Dan Spitzley, Jesse Reynolds.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Jim Cojones said:
MetalCraze said:
Feargus Urquhart, Chris Parker, Darren Monhan, Chris Avellone, Chris Jones, Josh E. Sawyer, Brian Menze, Scott Everts, Jeff Husges, Kihan Pak, Tramell Ray Isaac (T-Ray from New Reno ;)), Timothy Donley, Dennis Presnell, Aaron Brown, Jeff McAteer, Aaron J. Meyers, Jeff Husges, Dan Spitzley, Jesse Reynolds.

A number of these guys are no longer at Obsidian (T-Ray went to work on Duke Nukem 3D of all things, though I guess he might be back now) or not working on this project, the only confirmed people working on it are MCA as senior designer, JE Sawyer as lead designer, Jess Husges and Scott Everts as designers. And of those names, only Everts and Avellone have a history with finished Fallout games.

fastpunk

Arbiter
The premise for FO:NV is interesting and all, and hardcore mode sounds good. Still, I can't help but think that it has the same game mechanics as FO3 (including the piss poor gunplay). Not to mention that every character will look every bit as retarded as those from FO3. If I see Moira Brown's face in FO:NV I'll probably throw the monitor out the fucking window. So yeah, not so sure about this one yet.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
fastpunk said:
Still, I can't help but think that it has the same game mechanics as FO3 (including the piss poor gunplay). Not to mention that every character will look every bit as retarded as those from FO3. If I see Moira Brown's face in FO:NV I'll probably throw the monitor out the fucking window. So yeah, not so sure about this one yet.

well i remember Sawyer mentioning how he hated VATS so we'll see if he was able to tweak combat at all.

as for the shitty models, i'm right there with you. so far the biggest heartbreak is from seeing those shitty-assed screens. i like most of what i've read but those screens are goddamn depressing. it's like a little bile-flavored bit of something awful you had for dinner coming back up in a burp.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Brother None said:
A number of these guys are no longer at Obsidian (T-Ray went to work on Duke Nukem 3D of all things, though I guess he might be back now) or not working on this project, the only confirmed people working on it are MCA as senior designer, JE Sawyer as lead designer, Jess Husges and Scott Everts as designers. And of those names, only Everts and Avellone have a history with finished Fallout games.
Yeah, most of them are not working on the project, or at least we don't know about that, but the point was to response to the the suggestion that Obsidian has hardly anything in common with BI. BTW Menze is also doing some job on NV although "Fallout 2 concept artist is working on new Fallout" isn't as exciting to hear as "Fallout designer is working on the project".

Ausir

Arcane
Brother None said:

You forgot Brian Menze.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom