Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
So they decide they want full PVP server after all.
As for the end game content - well that's what server alliances are for in open PVP MMO.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Ha, good joke. Everyone knows you can't really hurt someone in fallout 76 unless they shoot you back first and agree to be ganked by them.
Not in this mode
Survival mode is not for the faint of heart! All players, except your teammates or event groupmates, are automatically flagged as hostile toward one another by default. There are no “invitations” to PVP combat in Survival mode. You can attack other players without restriction from the first shot you line up, meaning every encounter you have with a stranger could turn deadly in the blink of an eye.
Which brings about all sorts of logistical questions. How in the fuck is anyone gonna do the Scorchbeast Queen?
Oh, I see. Well, color me surprised.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Someone gave me a copy of this as a Christmas gift.
That's harsh mate. What have you done to piss that person off so much? Never mind, better don't tell us. Must have been serious shit.

It's payback time I say. Gift him/her Destiny 2, that will show hhim/her! :argh:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Someone gave me a copy of this as a Christmas gift.
That's harsh mate. What have you done to piss that person off so much? Never mind, better don't tell us. Must have been serious shit.

It's payback time I say. Gift him/her Destiny 2, that will show hhim/her! :argh:

Ironically, it was a gift from someone who played and loved Fallout 1 and 2, but hasn't played computer games since 2003 or so, and had no idea about Bethesda or how bad the series had gotten.

That's a good suggestion but I could never bring myself to put down money for Destiny 2, even as revenge.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Ironically, it was a gift from someone who played and loved Fallout 1 and 2, but hasn't played computer games since 2003 or so, and had no idea about Bethesda or how bad the series had gotten.
I envy him a little, sweet innocence...

You should gift him F:NV then. Incline him. Even the console version if necessary. :obviously:

Wunderbar

Arcane
https://gear.bethesda.net/products/vault-76-premium-leather-jacket
FO_Vault_76_Premium_Leather_Jacket_A_600x900.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://old.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/alko1s/crafted_a_few_gamma_guns_to_learn_mods_got_banned/

Now normal crafting inside the game gets you banned.

From the comments:

This is the third post I've read this hour where people have gotten banned for playing the game within the boundaries of the game. Some guy got banned from all Bethesda games on his account. It sickens me to think that I'd get banned for creating guns or stimpacks to trade, and lose my account worth hundreds of dollars.

Having to worry about getting banned for simply playing within the rules and boundaries set by the company is NOT FUN.

Banned from all games? Damn. Would be like Valve found you cheating in CS:GO and banned you from playing any game you have bought.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Guess that happens when you are yugely frustrated, since every time you get to work reports of another bug/exploit legit feature (if Bethesda let that in, it must be "within the game boundaries" amirite?) are piling up in your inbox.

Eventually they snap.

KILL
BAN THEM ALL! BAN THEM FROM EVERYTHING!

I guess that's... balanced?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The bugs became the game :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom