Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Santander02

Arcane
The only reason it even got to yellow was because of doritos, I bet subsequent reviewers who also got doritos caught wind of how bad this was getting recieved and decided that spurning the doritos and face bethesda's wrath was not as bad as further straining whathever reamained of their credibility and reputation. (yeah, all 2 inches of it)

Or maybe they figure that if everyone is already shiting on the game, bethesdah won't have the balls to blacklist literally everyone, thus making it safe mosh pit on and score some points with their readers riding the hate-wagon, might be the later all things considered.

Last edited:

Morkar Left

Bugs aside why are there no npcs? For a Fallout game? That's ridiculess...

I actually like the idea.

The idea of giving out quests and fleshing out the lore without anyone being alive is intriguing. A competent developer could make something unique and interesting out of such an idea.

You come straight out of a vault. At least there should be a npc hub. F1 vault feels more alive than that spawning point vault 76.

Generic-Giant-Spider

No Carpenter... No!

The man that gave the world Assault on Precinct 13, Michael Myers and Snake Plissken...

My childhood has been violently fucked. The sort of fucking that it takes 30 years to realize it was actually rape.

GrainWetski

Arcane
When the biggest shills in the industry are giving the game a 5/10 you know it's really bad.
To be fair, they're just doing it because everyone was shitting on the game already.

If they had given it the 9/10s they were going to, every retard alive would've finally realized they're nothing but barely conscious billboards.

Big Wrangle

Oh no an old man that specializes in music now doesn't have the most intellectual views on video games that he probably doesn't play a lot of, what will we do.

Wunderbar

Arcane

Morkar Left

No Carpenter... No!

The man that gave the world Assault on Precinct 13, Michael Myers and Snake Plissken...

My childhood has been violently fucked. The sort of fucking that it takes 30 years to realize it was actually rape.

https://theplaylist.net/john-carpenter-potential-reboot-money-20181017/
“I’m Up For Almost Anything That Involves Money”
Relax dude.

But chillin for Fallout 76 really pays enough???

Wunderbar

Arcane
No Carpenter... No!

https://theplaylist.net/john-carpenter-potential-reboot-money-20181017/
“I’m Up For Almost Anything That Involves Money”
Relax dude.

But chillin for Fallout 76 really pays enough???

maybe he never actually played it. Or maybe his son played it.

That's being said, Carpenter is no stranger to popamole games. I heard he liked Last of Us and Horizon Zero Dawn.

It is E3 2019 at the Bethesda keynote. Todd Howard walks on stage.

"Hi guys, I hope you're all enjoying our super cool Fallout 76: Skyrim edition."

The crowd of objective games journalists roar in approval as they are given free copies of Skyrim 2 VR.

"Guys I have an announcement to make. It's not a Elder Scrolls or a Fallout thing."

The lights go dark. And then a spotlight appears on Todd as he grasps at the zipper behind his neck. The fleshsuit crumples and emerging from it is Yoko Taro.

"IT'S ME GAMES JOURNALISTS! IT'S ME! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG GAMES JOURNALISTS! YOU ALL BOUGHT IT! HOOK, LINE AND SINKER! YOU ALL BOUGHT IT! EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT! EVERY DAMN ONE OF YOU WERE MADE FOOLS OF! BUT YOU KNOW, I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE TO DO IT! JOURNALISTS MADE ME DO IT! GAMES JOURNALISTS MADE ME FOOL YOU, BECAUSE JOURNALISTS I HAD TO TEACH YOU A LESSON YOU WOULD NEVER FORGET!

The lights go back up the conference is over. This plays

as everyone leaves and the entire triple AAA industry collapses in on itself.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
No Carpenter... No!

carpenter1.jpg

paintinggrey

Scholar
Holy Shit.I never seen a game so discounted so soon after release!!
PS4 £26.95 https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/fallout-76-black-friday-special/AD49V8/?utm_medium=affiliate
PC £19.99 https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/fallout-76-pc-cd-key?mw_aref=74dth566

Aparently amazon is given refunds as well Bethesda for PC purchases. WOW!!!

You all know Bethesda will re- release this in 6-12 months like Destiny Forsaken. Need to hide those original horrible review scores!

Such a glorious trainwreck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom