Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4

Caveman

Scholar
http://www.techradar.com/news/computing ... box-439961

Finally, Hines was good enough to confirm that there are plans to extend the Fallout franchise to a fourth game.

"We didn't buy the Fallout franchise to just do Fallout 3 and then stop," he said.

"But let's get this one out of the door before we worry about the next one."

Aw3sOm3!

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I don't want to sound too petulant.

But dammit, I am sick of these Fallout 3 topics. Can't we have some variety? Every week or so, there is atleast one topic about it. It's sometimes so goddamn excessive, that there are half a dozen FO3 topics in the forum.

I know the easier solution is to simply ignore topics that one isn't interested in, but can't there be something more interesting to talk about than FO3? This matter has gone beyond a saturation point.

On FO4 there will be no dialogue so that the players can imagine what the NPC's are saying. Or maybe there won't be NPC's at all, so that nothing restrains the player's imagination!

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
The good news - next Fallout must get a new engine, the bad news - it will be probably the Oblivion 2 engine.

Topher

Cipher
At least they might get better at making Fallout games as they go along. Doubt it... but hey, stranger things have happened.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Wyrmlord said:

But dammit, I am sick of these Fallout 3 topics. Can't we have some variety? Every week or so, there is atleast one topic about it. It's sometimes so goddamn excessive, that there are half a dozen FO3 topics in the forum.

I know the easier solution is to simply ignore topics that one isn't interested in, but can't there be something more interesting to talk about than FO3? This matter has gone beyond a saturation point.
"Fallout 3. I see Fallout 3. It's everywhere. Everywhere!!!"

You don't realize it yet, but your immense hatred for Fallout 3 is constantly reminding you of its existence, making you believe it's constantly popping up in places that it's not. You will forever be haunted by Fallout 3. Wherever you go, wherever you hide, it will always be there with you...in the Twilight Zone.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
skyway said:
I like how DLC will also be there. What useless shit for $3 will they sell now?
It's been confirmed that F3 dlc will be around the same amount of content as Oblivion's Knights of Nine mod. So idiots will be paying $10 or more for a handful of shitty quests instead of $3 for a single shitty quest.

Imbecile

Arbiter
Wyrmlord said:

Basically the codex loves to bitch. :)
You'll see way more topics about games that are hated than games that are loved. Possibly that's due to a (perceived?) decline in the RPG industry.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
IRT Imbecile
Actually the Codex has been the forefront of optimism on the future of RPGs ever since MotB came out and SoZ was announced.

Admittedly, I haven't even played the Fallout games (never found them), which is why I am not interested in Fallout 3 news, but I think people here make a new topic every time there's a new FO3 screenshot or a new preview from some obscure site. It gets boring.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Yes, I was expecting a reaction like that.

Look, it's fairly predictable what everyone is going to say about this, so there's really no point in going on and displaying shock at this anyway.

Suchy

Arcane
Just...fucking...get...it...now!!11

(then you can proudly join the pissed mob of fo3 bashers)

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Wyrmlord said:
IRT Imbecile
Actually the Codex has been the forefront of optimism on the future of RPGs ever since MotB came out and SoZ was announced.

Admittedly, I haven't even played the Fallout games (never found them), which is why I am not interested in Fallout 3 news, but I think people here make a new topic every time there's a new FO3 screenshot or a new preview from some obscure site. It gets boring.
You could probably find Fallout 1-2 in a bundle pack for around $15-20 on amazon.com. They're not expensive at all and are definitely worth buying.

*EDIT*
Hey, I was right.
Fallout Collection

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Free Barabbas and take Wyrmlord into custody!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom