Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does it mean that the second soldier did not have his critical bar filled?
He had to shoot the Canadian 3 times in the head.
Low Small Gun skills.

Razor

Arcane
BY0FPlO.png

ngl I kind of like Emils hot take

Alphons

Cipher
> Play a prewar soldier and a literal war criminal
> Still can't join the Enclave because they're too evil.
Modern Fallout is a farce.

America Rising 2 adds them as main faction alternative in FO4- you can completely skip entire vanilla MQ and nuke all Beth groups.
No idea if it's good.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Brought the game at 75% off.

• Very long and boring intro sequence
  • Dialog wheels with little to no choice while in FNV
  • Guns looks like toys. IDK how they could even work.
  • You get a freaking minigun and power armor in the beginning of the game. Geting training to use it was hard in previous games.
  • The minigun has no sight
  • And fight a deathclaw in a city. They in lore avoid crowded places.
  • Radiation is dumbed down and just reduces a bit your hp.

I really tried to enjoy this game but could't... Refunded.

goregasm

Scholar
Brought the game at 75% off.

• Very long and boring intro sequence
  • Dialog wheels with little to no choice while in FNV
  • Guns looks like toys. IDK how they could even work.
  • You get a freaking minigun and power armor in the beginning of the game. Geting training to use it was hard in previous games.
  • The minigun has no sight
  • And fight a deathclaw in a city. They in lore avoid crowded places.
  • Radiation is dumbed down and just reduces a bit your hp.

I really tried to enjoy this game but could't... Refunded.
If you are into modding, fo4 can be halfway decent just for the Frost overhaul.

Throws out all of the story shit and you just play a survivor a few years after the war.

I wouldn't exactly call it lore accurate compared to the overall (pre Bethesda) world but it's not exactly a story focused mod either, it's essentially a survival focused mod, the guy who did the FNV mod Dust made Frost.

I'm not shilling for fo4, as it's a fairly below mediocre game, and definitely a shit fallout, but if you ever go back to it, Frost is a pretty decent experience and probably worth whatever shekels you paid for fo4, try the below zero wabbajack for ease of use if it's still around.

For what it's worth I still play 1,2 and NV, definitely prefer those over Beths offerings, but I have to admit Frost makes FO4 pretty fun if you are into the struggle bus style of gameplay

Caim

Arcane

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
BY0FPlO.png

ngl I kind of like Emils hot take
Emil, fuck off and let this dude take over writing duties.
Honestly, I would trust a bunch of anons to write a game at this point in time. The entire script would be written from multiple greentext posts.
If anons get together to write a game you get stuff like Katawa Shoujo and Snoot Game.
> Be 4chan
> Turn a series of shitposts into a Fallout game
> Turns out being better written and more lore friendly than both the show and Bethesda games
I wish this was actually a thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom