Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Majority of mod users start off with small, inconsequential additions to the game.

What a revelation.

"Bigger Tits", remember those who modded the last couple games.

"Bigger Tits", predict those waiting for the Creation Kit.

"Bigger Tits", proclaims the new blockbuster mod.

"Bigger Tits?!", cry those who obviously haven't learned to follow patterns.

"Yup, bigger tits", reply those who do.

Space Insect

Arcane
Looks like they are massively ripping off The Shadow over Innsmouth and it still has worse prose than Lovecraft's.

Mrfactty

Educated
bINSfoK.jpg
QRfOw4h.jpg
cqekTX1.jpg
v0oDrZF.jpg
cCoswwG.jpg
z08DPdO.jpg
njUd39w.jpg
Ga1BBLz.jpg
z0Pnl2f.jpg
paFKsfr.jpg
VYmIqx6.jpg
7wJSe4N.jpg
4DEfTqL.jpg

TVjzeSb.jpg
32leDNp.png
gpQTE7I.jpg
v7j53YA.jpg
2uPMaug.jpg
yZcKC63.jpg
IgXffdj.png
RJ1RW6l.jpg
uoxyqLj.jpg
MfKebDX.jpg
dFAoYf7.jpg
yu4wt0M.jpg
ccm35oV.jpg
9MusmZF.jpg
6ZSxN5c.png
XhttDW5.jpg
ltkHMJb.jpg
aiqdOH4.jpg
nylPCwt.jpg
r1THbMX.jpg
Gq7P9Im.jpg
MDOFa9A.jpg
7JaXpNz.jpg
mLyR0ci.png
ZeiKTSt.jpg
iTreCuY.jpg
Y83Lcgq.jpg
SJw2JcP.jpg

Last edited:

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Can you fucking not?

Spoiler that shit for all those poor mobile users who just had their data completely fucked up these oversized images, also those last two aren't even of Far Harbor they're of some mod.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fun fact, they still get downloaded even while spoilered.

Holy shit those weapons. What the actual fuck.

HatTrick

Scholar
Those melee weapons suck, but the other guns seem fine save for that bowling ball launcher.

'Striker' seems to suggest bowling balls. Not that much different than the cannon from the base game, just uses the Fatman model. Wonder if you could mod it for MIRV-type functions and use up all the ammo at once.

Cerulean

Cipher
Why the hell would you do anything for the Children of the Atom? As if they haven't already made a nuisance of themselves.

I'm disappointed that none of the official DLCs will explore more about the Triggermen. They were the one interesting faction that was under-developed, and it seems like they could have had a lot of history and unique characters, given the chance. I would have enjoyed a questline where you joined them and worked your way up to being their leader, kind of like the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim.

Zerginfestor

Learned
Men there's 'Bowling Ball' written twice on the screen.

I thought my edit would come through, but I guess I didn't hit save. Oh well. Also, apparently meat hooks are more devastating to everything than the claws of a Deathclaw. GG Bethesderp. By the looks of the Harpoon gun and Striker weapon, it looks like they're trying to show a bit love to the Heavy Weapon-type characters, though I doubt their damage would even be close to being a good choice, especially when it seems like they seem to be a single-shot, no AoE type. Shame.

typical user

Arbiter
Ugly armors, more stupid weapons. They are probably asking themselves how much shittier content they can spew until people stop buying it.

circ

Arcane
So, a bunch of shitty weapons, the one assault rifle looked cool though. Why that couldn't be the AR in vanilla F4 I don't know as it doesn't look as close to the assault shotgun as the vanilla AR does. Shitty armor allround. This is a full DLC as it were, and this is what they come up with?? Looked like a reskinned deathclaw, made to look like a fishman too. Omgersh. Are they so busy with NEXTPROJECT that they can't put a little effort into any of it?

I'm thinking this should have been FO4 instead - reskinned deathclaws, reskinned super mutants, bunch of Creature from the Black Lagoon goofery, 50's sci-fi gone crazy.

I'm trying to think if Skyrim DLC items were as sparse and poor and yeah I guess there weren't that many more items to play around with.

edit: beartrap is kinda cool doe.

Advertisements for Skyrim DLC didn't focus on items much. Build a house, fight the vampires, *be* a vampire, how 'bout that Solstheim eh? Most they'd say is "Now with crossbows!"

HatTrick

Scholar
How come Obsidian's shitty programmers can make a lever-action gun that loads one bullet at a time, so if you've fired two bullets you only load in two bullets, but with Bethesda you have to load 5 bullets into the gun every damn time?

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
So it seems that Beth included some funny interactions between the cannibalism Perk and the new Survival Mode.
If you feed off human flesh to satisfy your hunger, it basically locks you onto this Diet and normal Meat doesn't satisfy you anymore.

Thats actually pretty amusing and a bit deeper of an RPG interaction that i would have expected from Beth.

FH with Survival is also an interesting experience, since you can't use Vertibirds. Makes it ocassionally quite challenging with the (for an addon) rather huge map.
Imho the first DLC that is borderline worth its price if FO4 isn't in the "unredeemable piece of Crap" department for you.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
So it seems that Beth included some funny interactions between the cannibalism Perk and the new Survival Mode.
If you feed off human flesh to satisfy your hunger, it basically locks you onto this Diet and normal Meat doesn't satisfy you anymore.

That's great, making a niche perk even more useless.
I still don't see the need to go for high ED build even in survival difficulty.
The ones that will keep you alive is high damage weapons like the 6-crank laser musket with constant use of sneak attacks as multiplier to go through the HP fodders they throw at you.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
People actually still play this shit?

What's wrong with you.

Played through this shit once at release, haven't touched it since.

Is it any good now with the best mods out?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom