Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Gerrard

Arcane
I hate those fucking pipe guns so much.

SO MUCH.

Perkel

Arcane
I just still can't get over the fact that Diamond City is apparently organized enough to need a fucking newspaper in order to keep up with all the goings on in a city of maybe two dozen people, yet none of them have ever bothered to try make any weapons better than wooden/aluminium baseball bats and guns made from wiring fucking pipes together.

Seriously, it's two hundred years after the apocalypse, there are apparently dozens of pre-war weapons lying around that are fully functional, you guys are clever enough to magyver fully automatic weaponry out of fucking piping and wire but you can't be arsed trying to reverse-engineer one of the dozens of fully functional combat rifles just laying around?

Fuck you dude i run constantly with pipe rifle despite heaving better weapons. Having weapon that does good damage and is cheap to operate rocks.

This is one of the aspects i like about new combat system. Weapon progression is way more flat that it used to be.

If you use submachine guns change from pipe gun to submaschine gun is like only 2 damage and use of .45 ammo instead .38 which means that it is only mildly better than pipe one.

Joking aside you are right. Though reason for newspaper is just one retard who plays news.

pippin

Bethesda for me is "good ideas with poor execution". I've always liked how they create examples of people who believe they are doing something good for the whole world but they're just lonely fucks with nothing better to do in a world that's already half dead. Like Three Dog, Dave from the Republic of Dave and Piper. It's a pity Bethesda doesn't add more depth to the inherent cynicism of Fallout and any post apoc setting in general.

which good ideas? because the only new idea i see here, settlers outposts, is not theirs. i had at least two different mods for that in new vegas.

Perkel

Arcane
Essentially, after FO2 people live amongst fucked up garbage and wrecks for 200 years. They don't even try and patch things up.
There's nothing in the Bethesda games comparable to The Strip, Shady Sands (in both games), Junktown or Vault City. Its one thing to adapt ruins to your use, but its another altogether to live like ruins are the only thing that can be lived on. They don't even make new beds, and use clothes that should be ancient. Doesn't anybody in the Bethesdaverse knows how to make cement and bricks? Any bunch of illiterate squatters in my country has more sense than people in Bethesda "Fallout" games - at some point they DO upgrade their shitty wooden hut/riverside palisade into something built with bricks.

Its a pitythat this game is so baddly-written from what I see, or otherwise your protag should be constantly mocking the primitive, savage retard barbarians of post-apoc america.

Betsheda doesn't give a fuck. Neither does Obsidian when they made FNV (though that might use same assets and work on shoestring budget thus no new rework of assets)

Trudy place was alwas like wtf to me.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Angryjoe said that the story is better than fallout 3 and held his attention better than new vegas.

Monad

Learned
I didn't really notice much of a story. Something something minute men something something brotherhood of steel kill a bunch of synths Raiders and ghouls something something

Someone asked me to break some guy from jail. I picked the lock while [HIDDEN] and the guy just walked away in front of the guards.

:lol:

Fuck you dude i run constantly with pipe rifle despite heaving better weapons. Having weapon that does good damage and is cheap to operate rocks.

Apparently anyone who couldn't afford a 10mm pre-war agreed with you. You would not believe how many times I've stumbled upon something that has been electronically locked or buried since the war. And they'll contain pipe weaponry. It's like the time traveling Myron/Jet case but somewhat plausible if there were a lot of stubborn do-it-yourself types around.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Just to beat a dead horse here, has anyone still playing this shit figured out why Super Mutants are in the game? Was an explanation ever offered, even if it was one as pathetic as the one in Fo3? I don't recall their presence being addressed at all.

THIS is one particular red light to me, as I loved the final dialogue with the Master, in which if you prove him the Supermutants are sterile, he finally surrenders and gives up, seeing how his plan is a failure.

It was so fucking unbelievable to win a game like that. Having a villiain that realizes his plan is flawed and the mutants won't live more than a few decades. It's something we will never see again, gentlemen.

And now, voilá. Supermutants are still around and aboundant, over a century later. And because of sheer laziness (they could have added different mutants) the single most important piece of lore in FO1 is sent into oblivion. How the fucking game was won, didn't really matter.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
latest

A picture for ants?

Doktor Best

Arcane
Angryjoe said that the story is better than fallout 3 and held his attention better than new vegas.

Well id say thats given due to the fact that he has an attention span of a cracked walnut that fell onto the floor a bit too often.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I just still can't get over the fact that Diamond City is apparently organized enough to need a fucking newspaper in order to keep up with all the goings on in a city of maybe two dozen people, yet none of them have ever bothered to try make any weapons better than wooden/aluminium baseball bats and guns made from wiring fucking pipes together.

Seriously, it's two hundred years after the apocalypse, there are apparently dozens of pre-war weapons lying around that are fully functional, you guys are clever enough to magyver fully automatic weaponry out of fucking piping and wire but you can't be arsed trying to reverse-engineer one of the dozens of fully functional combat rifles just laying around?
This is the major reason Bethesda games are so boring story wise, they are just retarded pop culture references that go nowhere, you have some noir style android detective on a post apocalyptic setting and they don't even fucking try to explain how that makes sense. On NV, the quests, even the more retarded ones have some context that makes suspension of disbelief easier, I don't get how Bethesdards can claim feeling immersun when what you are doing is so retarded that it hurts.

Zerginfestor

Learned
The only pipe weapon I even remotely liked was the Pipe revolver, and even then it's an odd weapon overall. I just don't understand where this huge demand of 'lel rare pepe weapon' came from, probably from the Rust playerbase.

Bradylama

Arcane
This is the major reason Bethesda games are so boring story wise, they are just retarded pop culture references that go nowhere, you have some noir style android detective on a post apocalyptic setting and they don't even fucking try to explain how that makes sense. On NV, the quests, even the more retarded ones have some context that makes suspension of disbelief easier, I don't get how Bethesdards can claim feeling immersun when what you are doing is so retarded that it hurts.

Nick Valentine's personality is patterned after the brainwave scans of a pre-war detective. So there's an explanation for why he's so anachronistic.

What doesn't make any sense is that, once you go through his companion quest to find the 220 year old ghoul that killed the original Nick's fiance; you open up the vault where this ghoul has been held up for a little over two centuries and he hasn't gone feral from solitary confinement.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I don't get how Bethesdards can claim feeling immersun when what you are doing is so retarded that it hurts.

Your understanding of average gamer's or Bethestard's concept of immersion is fundamentally flawed. Their idea of immersion is the ability to sweep floors and see your character sleep in the game. Who gives a fuck about believable setting or characters?

Also, for Bethestards to find a game immersive, the environment needs to be as cliched paint-by-numbers world as possible, like Capital Wasteland of Fallout 3. Just look at how many people complained that the world of New Vegas sucked because "it didn't feel post-apocalyptic enough", even though it was infinitely more believable than the world of Fallout 3, considering that both games take place 200 years after the war.

Perkel

Arcane
Place in Red

Fix for settlements. You can now freely place objects in red. You can build unlimeted size. It is cheat table so you need to use cheat engine for that.

Don't forget final dialogue with The Master was long and there was no [SKILL TAG] faggotry, so you had to, you know, actually think.
Although it was actually a investigative thing because you needed the Autopsy holodisk, which was pretty much a curiosity inside the Brotherhood of Steel, which was practically a easter egg.

My favorite dialog was with Vault City Lynette. When you have high charisma and int and few charisma perks that dialog is just awesome.

Talking down cunt and fucking her up later was the best.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Nick Valentine's personality is patterned after the brainwave scans of a pre-war detective. So there's an explanation for why he's so anachronistic.

What doesn't make any sense is that, once you go through his companion quest to find the 220 year old ghoul that killed the original Nick's fiance; you open up the vault where this ghoul has been held up for a little over two centuries and he hasn't gone feral from solitary confinement.

Thanks for the spoiler.

Anyway, someone explains that Ferals are probably just the unlucky ghouls that got brain damage from the radiation or something. It has nothing to do with their emotional and mental health.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
I just still can't get over the fact that Diamond City is apparently organized enough to need a fucking newspaper in order to keep up with all the goings on in a city of maybe two dozen people

I don't have a problem with a city having only 2 dozen people when the developer uses clever tricks to make the city seem bigger, but Bethesda has made a city that actually looks like a small town of 2 dozen people.

yet none of them have ever bothered to try make any weapons better than wooden/aluminium baseball bats and guns made from wiring fucking pipes together.

You don't need an engineering degree to make deadly weapons out of junk. However, you would need an engineering degree to reverse engineer and produce mass-manfactured weapons.

Bradylama

Arcane
Anyway, someone explains that Ferals are probably just the unlucky ghouls that got brain damage from the radiation or something. It has nothing to do with their emotional and mental health.

Spending over 200 years confined to a tiny room with no social contact would be a lot like brain damage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom