Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If that's what you can do in the base game, the player slavery mods are going to be amazing.
:shredder:

imweasel

something i gotta share, some cool, perverted fuck on gamefaqs made a brothel using the workshop mod:

outside:

u7v94B5.jpg

"meat" of the day:

mIqZsFd.jpg

backside

8P6i7BG.jpg

bar:
s32HjBK.jpg

flophouse:

o4dQjEq.jpg
The graphics in this game are really bad. Can't even make a decent looking brothel.

:rpgcodex:

Black Angel

Arcane
Did they change the graphics? I think it looks more pretty now

s8miavc.jpg
Either you aren't as talented as those dumb Steamtards who flooded the game's Community Hub with graphically pretty screenshot, or the game's 'new engine' is really just Morrowind's engine stretched and exhausted past its limits. Those bloody corpse don't cast shadow on that squeaky clean part of the floor. Released in 2015, 'new engine' my ass. Fucking Witcher 3's corpses cast shadow on the ground
maxresdefault.jpg

BTW the Silver Shroud outfit is apparently still the reigning champ when it comes to reactivity in the new DLC. It nets you about 9 extra minutes of dialogue.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Did they change the graphics? I think it looks more pretty now

s8miavc.jpg
Either you aren't as talented as those dumb Steamtards who flooded the game's Community Hub with graphically pretty screenshot, or the game's 'new engine' is really just Morrowind's engine stretched and exhausted past its limits. Those bloody corpse don't cast shadow on that squeaky clean part of the floor. Released in 2015, 'new engine' my ass. Fucking Witcher 3's corpses cast shadow on the ground

Fallout 4's corpses cast shadows, in fact, one of Fallout 4's performance problems is that it casts too many shadows and can really hit FPS hard. Also, Makabb turn on your Ambient Occlusion.

Zerginfestor

Learned
I just realized after dealing with Nuka World that there's no end-game Unarmed weapon. Melee gets a fucking ridiculous Baseball bat and Sledgehammer that does over 1,000 damage per hit, Rifle users, both auto and marksmen, get a rifle that can shit out insane dps, Pistol users get the Revolver and the Thirst Zapper which becomes bonkers at the end of the DLC, Explosive fanatics get a Nuka Nuke recipe to make even more damaging explosions, as well as unique grenade recipes from Raider gangs, yet Unarmed gets shit. No badass 'recipe' that allows you to dual wield Unarmed Weapons, no uber Deathclaw Gauntlet or Yao Guai fist weapon, nothing. Also, I'm not sure if this is legit, but I think the DLC also lets the Furious Legendary modifier be available towards firearms, which means more stupid shit. Yay.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Well at least some of the cosplay is nice even if the game itself is a big pile of mammoth turds.

With the final DLC finally out this game can finally start to die and be forgotten as it should have been.
Been reading up Nuka Cola World on one of the Fallout wikis to see what the content would have been like. It continues the level of quality of Bethesda's Fallout 4 writing, the plot being bare boned and stupid as are the quests (if I would be the raider overboss, why do I have to do a lot of the grunt work?), the side quests that continue some of Fallout 3's nonsense as well as ripping of Fallout 2 and Fallout New Vegas (well technically more a rumor about Walt Disney that has been going on for ages).

I think if we took the Fallout franchise behind the shed and shot it through the head it would be a merciful thing for us all, the franchise included.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
everything that comes out of this game is total shit, it's astounding. And I liked Fallout 3.

I liked Fallout 3 too and 4 shits all over it. I uninstalled Fallout 3 and New Vegas after playing 4 for half an hour and never felt the slightest compulsion to reinstall either one. How anyone can go back to that shitty ass engine after playing 4 is beyond me.

Last edited:

Drakortha

Liturgist
everything that comes out of this game is total shit, it's astounding. And I liked Fallout 3.

I liked Fallout 3 too and 4 shits all over it. I uninstalled Fallout 3 and New Vegas after playign 4 for half an hour and never felt the slightest compulsion to reinstall either one. How anyone can go back to that shitty ass engine after playing 4 is beyond me.

Cool story, doesn't change the fact Fallout 4 is a steaming pile.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fallout 4 is a great game, second only to morrowind on bethesda's list. They've pretty much gone back to their pseudo-roguelike roots with it, which suits them better than EPIC STORYTELLING anyway.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Fallout 4 is a great game, second only to morrowind on bethesda's list. They've pretty much gone back to their pseudo-roguelike roots with it, which suits them better than EPIC STORYTELLING anyway.

bethestard.png

We need a new level of Bethestard tag, i got one but even I wouldn't write shit like that

mondblut

Arcane
I just realized after dealing with Nuka World that there's no end-game Unarmed weapon. Melee gets a fucking ridiculous Baseball bat and Sledgehammer that does over 1,000 damage per hit, Rifle users, both auto and marksmen, get a rifle that can shit out insane dps, Pistol users get the Revolver and the Thirst Zapper which becomes bonkers at the end of the DLC, Explosive fanatics get a Nuka Nuke recipe to make even more damaging explosions, as well as unique grenade recipes from Raider gangs, yet Unarmed gets shit. No badass 'recipe' that allows you to dual wield Unarmed Weapons, no uber Deathclaw Gauntlet or Yao Guai fist weapon, nothing.

Good. Fighting unarmed shouldn't even be an option in a game where everyone is toting a fucking gun. It's about time for game developers to forget their childhood kungfoo gay fantasies and accept the reality where martial artist vs a gunman = dead, bullet-ridden martial artist.

typical user

Arbiter
I just realized after dealing with Nuka World that there's no end-game Unarmed weapon. Melee gets a fucking ridiculous Baseball bat and Sledgehammer that does over 1,000 damage per hit, Rifle users, both auto and marksmen, get a rifle that can shit out insane dps, Pistol users get the Revolver and the Thirst Zapper which becomes bonkers at the end of the DLC, Explosive fanatics get a Nuka Nuke recipe to make even more damaging explosions, as well as unique grenade recipes from Raider gangs, yet Unarmed gets shit. No badass 'recipe' that allows you to dual wield Unarmed Weapons, no uber Deathclaw Gauntlet or Yao Guai fist weapon, nothing.

Good. Fighting unarmed shouldn't even be an option in a game where everyone is toting a fucking gun. It's about time for game developers to forget their childhood kungfoo gay fantasies and accept the reality where martial artist vs a gunman = dead, bullet-ridden martial artist.

Unless you bum-rush them in power suit with Super Sledge. Fallout 1&2 allowed for that ridiculousness and it was fun.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Unless you bum-rush them in power suit with Super Sledge. Fallout 1&2 allowed for that ridiculousness and it was fun.
Exactly. It gives you that B-movie Russian antagonist feel where they pump you full of lead and it barely staggers you while you crush their skull in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom