Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 4 Released

Mortmal

Arcane
Are people seriously planning to play this? Let's give this the SCL treatment.

The day fallout 4 is released, the shoutbox is suddenly sillent, only a few guys left complaining about their seeder/leecher ratio and getting only 500ko at best. The main thread in general rpg discussion is about some wizardry clone(silvern), with oddly barely a few replies. Truly the RPG codex is the last bastion of rpgs, the vatican of rpg dare i to say.

However hidden in the subforums list is bethesda sub forum , full of giga threads for people telling how shit it is, will be, was (but never posting anywhere else) . Be sure youll know how shit it is after an extended playthrough of 80 hours or 300+ with mods . Put a big spoiler in title to look cool and show how badass you are and dont respect bethesda , post funny pics too for brofists harvesting.
RPGCODEX the vatican of rpgs.. with a massive overpopulated underground vault filled with large supplies of booze and whores, partying day and night.

So yes people are seriously planning to play this, sure hell they are. GOTY after witcher 3 probably.

Sjukob

Arcane
The Fallout 4 topic is the most cancerous , mindnumbing , horrible piece of abomination I ever saw on this site . And the game itself sucks to the point where it can make people devolve .

I can't be bothered to even pirate it .

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Are people seriously planning to play this? Let's give this the SCL treatment.
Codexers are already playing it, just check our steam group. The game is so shit you've gotta D1P it and play it seven times just to complain about tire texture resolution that mods may or may not fix.

Drowed

Arcane
Nah, it just mutates.

Todd.jpg

tilting_msh

Formerly Judas
Patron
Codex 2012
I am actually looking forward to playing this game 5 years from now, with the all community-made patches, bug-fixes, and mods. :greatjob:

Mustawd

Can someone please give me a "Never Played Fallout 3" tag?

Hard to believe people here flock to play this FPS abomination of a game. Just wait till it's 90% off to talk about how shit it is at least.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
I intended to have a look at it this evening (NZ time), but after the 5.2GB disc install, I now need to download another 19GB. Ah, fuck it. If only 20% was on the disc, what was the point of having one?

Brumaire

Educated
Is it going to be as successful as Fallout 3 and Skyrim were? Or will the gaming public finally realize that Bethesda are in fact a rather middling mid-sized developer who, by means of oversized marketing budgets, have been successfully masquerading as an AAA studio for the past decade? Well, a few people might. The game's still going to sell twenty zillion copies, though.
There was so much butthurt after that Ars Technica review that they had to release a new one to say that Fallout 4 is obviously GOTY.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
When I finished Fallout 3, the game left me with one desire: please let there be another installment soon.

Fallout New Vegas tried to fill the need, but opinions among Fallout fans were split. Some loved "West Coast Fallout," replete with motorcycle gangs, delusional wannabe Romans, and one super-depressed kid named Boxcars. Others hoped for something more evolutionary, something that didn't just add to the Fallout universe but deeply improved upon it. For that sort of game, fans had to wait for Fallout 4.

:M

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
When I finished Fallout 3, the game left me with one desire: please let there be another installment soon.

Fallout New Vegas tried to fill the need, but opinions among Fallout fans were split. Some loved "West Coast Fallout," replete with motorcycle gangs, delusional wannabe Romans, and one super-depressed kid named Boxcars. Others hoped for something more evolutionary, something that didn't just add to the Fallout universe but deeply improved upon it. For that sort of game, fans had to wait for Fallout 4.

:M

If they loved "West Coast Fallout" why didn't they play the first two? :troll:

mastroego

Arcane
I am actually looking forward to playing this game 5 years from now, with the all community-made patches, bug-fixes, and mods. :greatjob:
In five years mods will be purchase only and require not only the possession of the original game but also the purchase of every other game the company has ever produced, you know, in order to be "entitled" of mod usage..

Anyway, I'm doing the sensible thing and avoid this.
I did play Skyrim a lot and had even fun TBH, but I never finished it - and the feeling that the game itself is never finished (and never "properly" modded) tired me out, eventually.
I'm not going through that again, I'll probably pick up W2 DC instead.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I intended to have a look at it this evening (NZ time), but after the 5.2GB disc install, I now need to download another 19GB. Ah, fuck it. If only 20% was on the disc, what was the point of having one?

Wow... that is fucked. I really hate this trend of massive downloads as the norm. Especially since I don't even have FraudbandTm as yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom