Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
I haven't understood one thing. Is there level scaling in this game?
There are legendary mole rats with additional radiation damage. So yeah, there's level scaling.

Bahamut

Arcane
Standard response to any criticism of the game is 'mods will fix it', as if we didn't have to wait years for mods to make Skyrim barely playable, or new Vegas or Fallout 3.

Im tired of modding the shit out of bethesda games, because its usualy ends spending hours downloading mods, tinkering not to get CTD's, playing hour or two and uninstalling

really fuck the mods if they are only thing that makes the game bearable

upwardlymobile

forum posting consultant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I haven't understood one thing. Is there level scaling in this game?
they said there's limited scaling within a range ("rubberbanding") so a beginner area might have a scale from 1-8 then stop getting harder, while a hard area might stay the same difficulty up to 40 then get harder until 60. it sounds like an improvement but who knows they may just be lying about it anyway. they lie about the weirdest things sometimes.

Zeriel

Arcane
they said there's limited scaling within a range ("rubberbanding") so a beginner area might have a scale from 1-8 then stop getting harder, while a hard area might stay the same difficulty up to 40 then get harder until 60. it sounds like an improvement but who knows they may just be lying about it anyway. they lie about the weirdest things sometimes.

I thought Skyrim did the same thing.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

Ok, so this seems to be legit

wKiS2pV.jpg

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
It's so linear though in a way that's not even clever. I'm guessing the bottom right is where your vault is.

Yeah, the blu area is the lowest in terms of mobs level.
But...shouldn't it be...linear?
I mean, it would be worst if you find 35 level mobs right outside the vault. Or am I missing something?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
And another stream bited the dust.
AW8 you can't expect moonlight knight can use rotate function twice into the same direction. You must rotate your monitor.

Also that area above (when rotated) the difficulty line is map with location of all important objects. It's jerkistic they cut the image this way.

I mean, it would be worst if you find 35 level mobs right outside the vault. Or am I missing something?
Well I think New Vegas was pretty clever in the way they put the high level mobs right next to the starting zone and then told you you were going to die if you didn't walk around them. Of course, getting through everything and sprinting straight towards Vegas isn't very hard, but the thought is what mostly counts.

I guess they listened to the feedback from their primary user-base that this was an "invisible wall" or something and decided not to try anything like that with their game.

It's so linear though in a way that's not even clever. I'm guessing the bottom right is where your vault is.

To be fair New Vegas tried to funnel you past Primm, Nipton and NoVac the same way. Oh, you want to go straight to New Vegas and catch that rat bastard Benny? You turned left after Goodsprings? Surprise, we've brought Deathclaws and Super Mutants for everyone!

Made a heavy stealth character once just to give a hearty fuck you to that gimmick. Snuck where I could, cheesed barriers and climbed ledges when I couldn't. Had to reload saves about a dozen times but I finally managed to get through. Now that's a good feeling.

Edit: And you've already ackowledged that. Fuck I'm getting preempted everywhere lately.

Black

Arcane
It's funny because you couldn't spoil other RPGs, say, AoD, the same way. Because there's not one conclusion that everyone arrives at.
AoD > FO4.

Zeriel

Arcane
I can't get past those textures. They are legendarily bad. It's like they made a current gen game that looks like it was downscaled for the PS3.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It's funny because you couldn't spoil other RPGs, say, AoD, the same way. Because there's not one conclusion that everyone arrives at.
AoD > FO4.
Didn't stop faggots from spoiling all the ancient gods shit. I thought it had just some archeotech.

Gathering

Educated
Fallout 4 apparently has 111,000 lines of dialogue, 85,000 of which are npc's and 26,0000 are the player characters, 13k for each gender. F:NV had 65,000 lines of npc dialogue. How does fallout 4's shitty dialogue system actually have more lines for the npc's than New Vegas's good dialogue system?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I didn't upload the image.
Uhhmmm, some sense of humor? I didn't expect AW8 to rotate his monitor 180 degree either.

(Thought, I'm one of these retards who re-upload images to prevent theirs deletion by original uploader, and I occasionally correct them when I'm in mood. It's probably not worthy in this case, because it's not whole book page. Was that from manual, or some guide book?)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom