Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The crafting system alone will make this game a slamdunk sales wise, and Bethesda knows it. We'll see how it blends in with the rest of the game.

The story is shaping up to be F3 Reloaded, a.k.a "I'm looking for my wife, a middle-aged woman".

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Remember when we joked TES 6 would have 3 skills, Fightan, Thievan and Magickan? And TES 7 would have 1, Awesome!!!? Well, now they're even more progressive. Genius!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Watch the official game trailer for Fallout Shelter available for iPhone/iPad on the App Store. Download here:

iPad

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/fallo...

iphone
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/fallo...

Fallout Shelter puts you in control of a state-of-the-art underground Vault from Vault-Tec. Build the perfect Vault, keep your Dwellers happy, and protect them from the dangers of the Wasteland.

Vault-Tec has provided the tools, but the rest is up to you. What are you waiting for? Get started building your Vault today for free.

Bwahahahaha

Maldoror

Scholar
R8jZFDe.jpg

this is THe new SHit - special 2015
Recharge rate of critical hits.. wat?

You can now activate critical hits for yourself!
Pay 500 caps, or download 500 caps via our online services for 2$ to instantly recharge!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/598198356174260514

Many fists for Metro for enduring that, it was painful to read.

Metro-kun said:
Still waiting for you to show me a screenshot of the skills to counter the two I've provided that clearly show they aren't there.

Random said:
why should he? watch it you're danm self.

-

The jetpack and the vertibird looked horribly stupid.

After the trailer, I didn't know what to think about Fo4. After that, I'm even less sure. For anyone who can't be bothered watching it, here's a summaryr:
[...]
-You're some pre-war guy who wakes up 200 years later
-Cringey pre-war segment which is literally the 1950s
-Can play as a woman

Hmmmmmmm.

Oh boy, here comes the tutorial! I can't wait to play as a strong-willed woman and give them a piece of my mind like I did with the Tunnel Snakes and-

tumblr_lqcjdyQ5oi1qlqfzg.jpg

Last edited:
Fallout as we know it died in 98. Tis but a name now.

Bethesda's products these days are only worthy of pirating anyway. On a positive side there's a dog now too, it's like they really want to make it a proper hobo sim.
:love:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yo Codex. Why get buthurt? Why analyze it to death? Why creating 500+ page thread? What are ya'll even talking about?

Everybody knows exactly how it's gonna go down. It's gonna be pretty much Fallout 3 with HD textures modpack. Only shittier. And with Minecraft, tower defense and a dog grafted on. And EVERYBODY here will give Howard 60 dollars and sink 100+ hours in the game.

Yawn. Knowing your future is so boring.

Zeronet

Learned
I like the crafting and the whole settlement thing and the Enclave armor, the vault suit being a proper suit. I think should put EVERYONE in the game in power armor, then nobody will notice how crap and lifeless the NPCs are.

Thats about it really, VATs slowmo is dumb, the 200 year old robot is dumb, going overboard with the 1950s is getting a little tiresome, would it kill them to throw a bit more futurism in the fashion? Dialog wheel is completely dumb. Mass Fallout 4, Fallout Effect 4 etc etc.

I'm sure we can all get suitably outraged when we find out how the plot is the glorious righteous noble and sanctified Brotherhood of KickAss is comming in blimps to free the androids and defeat the Enclave again.

Maldoror

Scholar
500 weapons and 700 modifications, 10/10 Todd you have me.

GA_tFE.gif

Great way to fall into their trap. Glob all over the purported customization, action and other such unnecessary things, while ignoring the awful dialogue system and uninspired *everything else*.

:hearnoevil:

Ruzen

Savant
Its all good and all but why the 3 choise of dialoge options ( with +1 goodbye)? I seriusly dont get It. They dont bother writing thousands of codes but droping more than 3 dialoge options?

Maldoror

Scholar
Bethesda should have taken the time that they spent coding in the Pip-Boy games and crafting system to craft a good story and in-depth dialogue system.

At least the layered armor from Morrowind is returning - that was always fantastic, and sorely missing from subsequent titles in their games.

I can't wait for Obsidian to get a hold of this, though I worry as to how they'll fix the glaring faults.

Blackmill

Scholar
After many hours of thought, I think I have unveiled Bethesda's engame, which is more horrible than I had initially imagined. They plan to produce such a stinking pile of shit that only a copious amount of mods can even make the game remotely playable. Once the modding begins, Bethesda will reveal that all mods for Fallout 4 are paid, and they will receive a portion of any revenues. I imagine no less than $30.00 of mods can make Fallout 4 decent, effectively increasing PC profits by up to 25% if they receive half the revenue from mods. Well played Bethesda.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DU must really love me, I asked him to nuke my account but he didn't.

Bethesda should have taken the time that they spent coding in the Pip-Boy games and crafting system to craft a good story and in-depth dialogue system.

No they shouldn't. Anybody who would prioritize dialogue over building a fortress and shooting people with machinegun sniper laser shotguns is a filthy storyfag piece of shit and deserves to be sodomized to death.

About missing skills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOd9mB1OZsA

0:47

There's a slot for a barter bobblehead. It could just offer a perk that adds a straight-up improvement in prices rather than a bonus to skills but I Want To Believe. Between the possibility of building a wasteland fortress and flying around in a vertibird all this game needs to be decent are some ground based vehicles so I really hope Todd doesn't fuck this up by unnecessarily removing shit like he does with all his games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom