Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nael

Arcane
Make an entire board for fo4 so I can just ignore all this shit.

I know. I keep saying we have the perfect forum for discussing Fallout 4, retardo land.

B000369.jpg

I am proud of myself. I must have been a codexer with the lowest expectations towards F4 on the entire forum. This trailer looked better than I expected. It actually improved my disposition towards the game from "I completely don't care" to "Let's see what happens, how much they can screw it this time".

Nael

Arcane
I am proud of myself. I must have been a codexer with the lowest expectations towards F4 on the entire forum. This trailer looked better than I expected. It actually improved my disposition towards the game from "I completely don't care" to "Let's see what happens, how much they can screw it this time".

Boy, you gonna learn. You gonna learn...

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
While I do love the codex bickering and fallout 3 is one of the favorite dead horses around, fallout 4 will probably just be more of the same. An easily digestible sandbox RPG made for people who don't play RPGs with tangential links to the source material.

Black

Arcane
No matter what arguments you can bring for/against Fallout 3 you can't say it's a replayable game
Eh, gonna have to call you on that. Multiple quest resolutions, open world structure, different character builds. I played through three times from beginning to end and had a completely different experience each time.

Make an entire board for fo4 so I can just ignore all this shit.
Learn to forum.
Ignore Thread button
Buddy, shit threads about it will keep coming up, every retard out there and in here will want everyone to know how they personally felt about fo4, how it's better than skyrim, fo3 and nv, how it's good for what it is, best rpg since PoE, blah blah blah, and I simply can't find enough place in the hole where once my heart was to give a fuck.
Make a board named Vats, where all this shit will go to, where it belongs. And anyone who visits there will be different each time.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Buddy, shit threads about it will keep coming up, every retard out there and in here will want everyone to know how they personally felt about fo4, how it's better than skyrim, fo3 and nv, how it's good for what it is, best rpg since PoE, blah blah blah, and I simply can't find enough place in the hole where once my heart was to give a fuck.
Make a board named Vats, where all this shit will go to, where it belongs. And anyone who visits there will be different each time.
Right, because no one will ever post in General RPG again after the VATS board is made, right? Grow up and push the button.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will probably make another FO4 newspost for whatever they announce at E3, but will aim to keep it to a minimum after that.

imweasel

No matter what arguments you can bring for/against Fallout 3 you can't say it's a replayable game
Eh, gonna have to call you on that. Multiple quest resolutions, open world structure, different character builds. I played through three times from beginning to end and had a completely different experience each time.
So I guess this means you're going to do the Fallout 4 codex review, right Zombra? And then praise "the amazing gameplay, beautiful modern graphics, deep and meaningful story, amazing combat, astonishing RPG mechanics and kick ass level scaling". Right?

Here, you can read my review of every game Bethesda has made since Morrowind. It is short but I think you will find it quite helpful in writing an honest review.

By the way, LOL, Bethesda fag.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Only 55 pages? I'm disappoint.

Just wait for E3 where Todd will reveal that SPECIAL, "a superfluous relic of a bygone era", has been removed and the amount of skills has been halved because "most of the skills were redundant and the amount of skills was too confusing for most players".

Black

Arcane
Right, because no one will ever post in General RPG again after the VATS board is made, right? Grow up and push the button.
If they will they'll be treated accordingly.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I guess this means you're going to do the Fallout 4 codex review, right Zombra? And then praise "the amazing gameplay, beautiful modern graphics, deep and meaningful story, amazing combat, astonishing RPG mechanics and kick ass level scaling". Right?
Not at all. I don't know much but I can tell night from day. I hate Bethesda's failures too, just not so much that I let them ruin the substantial fun to be had.
shrug.gif

As for writing an official Codex review, I would be completely the wrong person to do Fallout 4 for a lot of reasons. I probably will play it though and I'll be happy to share my impressions. I know, you're holding your breath, right?

Here, you can read my review of every game Bethesda has made since Morrowind. It is short but I think you will find it quite helpful in writing an honest review.
Good summary. There's some necessary oversimplification there and a few shots that are just unfounded bitching, but I wouldn't argue with you on most of it.

Black

Arcane
Or, they got a better deal for making it only for "next-gen".

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Bethesda’s Pete Hines responded by stating that he is not wasting his time caring about what they think. “I’m not spending any time or energy caring what they think,” he tweeted. He further stated that the game looks amazing and he questions whether those players were looking at the same trailer.

Well, I guess I'm not surprised, considering how amazing Bethesda's other games look.
034.jpg

ScreenShot233.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom