Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 4 Announced (for real this time)

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
Also, I'm calling that the player character will be cryofreezed when the Great War happens and then awoken to the Wasteland.
Well, my guess is that you'll play the father when fat hits the shin and the grown-up baby in the main portion of the game. And yeah, the only way to not totally screw up the timeline would be to make it a vault experimenting with cryostatis.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
:mob:

I actually like that Beth are starting to become retro oldschool and stuff. FO3 graffix is oldschool, right?
It's obvious downgrade! The early screenshot looked fantastic.
haS2mvN.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also, I'm calling that the player character will be cryofreezed when the Great War happens and then awoken to the Wasteland.
Well, my guess is that you'll play the father when fat hits the shin and the grown-up baby in the main portion of the game. And yeah, the only way to not totally screw up the timeline would be to make it a vault experimenting with cryostatis.

Brilliant! 20/10 most emotionally engaging opening ever.

Then people can complain that Obsidian's game is boring in comparison.

Gozma

Arcane
I like that they put the guy back in a stretchy '50s sci-fi pajama vault suit instead of FNV denim-ish coveralls

WalkinDude

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014
Wow this really does look like shit. For prior Beth announcements I've always maintained a bit of hope that something decent would come out of it. No such luck here.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Well at least this time around I have tons of good games to play. Now I only have to deal with all the hype and retards jerking Todd's cock over how amazing this turd is. Then again, I don't read gaming press anymore. So maybe, just maybe, I can completely block this thing out.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Beth continues to prove they're the worst people to get their hands on the Fallout license.

Ok second worst.

I'd take Hervé Caen's shittiness over Bethesda's. At least when he does something everyone knows it's shit, not GOTY.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
Do you remember who destroyed the water chip ;)?!
Anyway it looks better than FO3 but I hope it is not an another Oblivion or Skyrim "MOD" :smug:

Greatness

Cipher
20 million copies of Skyrim sold and they still can't afford a new engine?

Who am I kidding, they'll probably sell 30 million copies of this one regardless of it being built on 15 year old technology.

aratuk

Cipher
In all seriousness, is the prominence given to the dog in the trailer a hint that the dog will actually be playable? They could let you shift between controlling your character and the dog.

Hey, maybe Obsidian can use that functionality in their spin-off to make it a proper RPG with party control! :smug:

Maybe playable companions, or maybe companion AI that follows more complex commands. The dog has an animation that resembles sneaking. "Sneak over there, dog, and tell me if you see/smell something." A game mechanic for the dog's sense of smell could be really interesting, if they wanted to go that way.

GreyViper

Prophet
Well its still Gamebyro v2.5 or how ever they like to call it. SO it has its ups and downs. LoversLab will be able to do what they do best and mods would be popping up fast. I do wonder if they have managed to go beyond 2GB ram memory limit?

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
As far as trailers go, it's rather underwhelming. Doesn't hype you the way Skyrim's one did and has little to no gameplay footage to boot. 4/10

svvvs

Educated
[PERCEPTION]At least there will be megaton retarded things to laugh upon,just like in fallout3 case.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So it seems this will be set around Boston

F4llout: New England

:kfc:

eremita

Savant
Looks pretty good. You're all faggots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom