Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Fallout 3 Q&A with Emil at GameTap

MetalCraze

Arcane
sabishii's sig said:
Bethesda Softworks' Pete Hines, Vice President of Public Relations, was caught posing as a game journalist at Bethesda Softworks' Fallout 3 Hype Booth. Apparently the VP wore a fake moustache to the event and snuck into the booth while other game journalists were entering. "Wouldn't you say that Bethesda Softworks' Fallout 3 is like the most perfectly perfect game ever and even better an RPG than the original Fallout?" he asked Todd Howard. Unfortunately for the VP his moustache had fallen off while he was asking the question. When he saw the other game journalists looking at him questioningly and noticed that his moustache had fallen off he quickly made a break for the door. Todd Howard followed him out.

I smell a hot buttsex after that.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Re: Fallout 3 Q&A with Emil at GameTap

So on this other message board I visit, trolling without providing backup evidence ends up in literal banning. Can't see why it can't be like that here.

1. No ban policy. We tolerate even the untolerable. So, even you.

2. Read aloud the headlines of the codex news since the first FO3 preview. About 95% of these are from VD and overtly negative. A lot of petty attempts at sarcasm and irony, only highlighting the aspects, which provoke most of the codexers.

3. The video interview on Gamestar.de was excellent journalism was completly ignored. It came from a guy (Chrisitan Schmidt) who in his previews says what we all say: FO3 will probably be a fun game, but it won't be Fallout.

4. VD seems not only be determined to discredit Bethesda (who in his own terms of thinking have discredited themselves already by releasing Oblivion) but also the whole bunch of gaming media except the Codex, the Watch, the NMA and maybe, maybe DAC.

5. All in all I have every right to be sorry to see this once fine place ruined by underagers who think it is cool to diss FO3, because they are misinformed by partisan journalism.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

Sir_Brennus said:
1. No ban policy. We tolerate even the untolerable. So, even you.
No ban policy has been canceled.

2. Read aloud the headlines of the codex news since the first FO3 preview. About 95% of these are from VD.
Because I do 95% of ALL newsposts due to the laziness/lack of interest in covering anything/etc of other staff members.

... and overtly negative.
Blame Bethesda for that. What are the *good* sides of FO3 at this point? It's pretty? Sure, we are being promised choices, consequences, and awesome dialogues, but we've been promised that before. Twice. Still I noted the few positives in my "preview", so what exactly are you complaining about?

A lot of petty attempts at sarcasm and irony...
Please forgive me. I'll try to do better in the future.

3. The video interview on Gamestar.de was excellent journalism was completly ignored. It came from a guy (Chrisitan Schmidt) who in his previews says what we all say: FO3 will probably be a fun game, but it won't be Fallout.
I never check video interviews. Is there a transcript?

4. VD seems not only be determined to discredit Bethesda (who in his own terms of thinking have discredited themselves already by releasing Oblivion) but also the whole bunch of gaming media except the Codex, the Watch, the NMA and maybe, maybe DAC.
I'm also trying to discredit the American Civil Rights, Feminism, Jews for Jesus, and several other movements. I'm surprised you didn't notice.

In other words, proof?

5. All in all I have every right to be sorry to see this once fine place ruined by underagers who think it is cool to diss FO3, because they are misinformed by partisan journalism.
Well, inform them then. What are you waiting for?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Brennus, didn't you know?
The Codex is a secret organization founded by The World Conspiracy and dedicated only to ruin the life of Bethesda members in order to fulfill the Alien World Domination Plan. That's what Codex is all about. I thought you knew it.

Rei

Novice
Oh god! My eyes are bleeding!

It's a crying shame is all it is, because this wont be Fallout. What's worse is it's going to pretend to be Fallout. Perverting something is not making it "true to the original." I dont think they can say anything nice about Fallout, let alone make it true to the original.

Why go easy on corporate Bethseadea? Everyone else is on their side. Every interview is a literary blow job. If what they're making IS Fallout, attacking it will prove it is legitamite. That's how science works.

I just dont give a fuck. Are we hurting Bethsedea's feelings? If they have a shred of honesty, they'll prove us wrong and then they'll tell us to fuck off.

Amasius

Augur

Sir_Brennus said:
I even agree somewhat about the Codex being ruined by underagers (there are exceptions) but "misinformed by partisan journalism"? The Codex is biased, yes, but it's also some kind of essential corrective agains the uncritical hype the "professional" :)roll:) gaming journalism is spitting out.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Besides I'd rather play a mediocre game than not play at all. Not many RPG alternatives out there these days.

You may always decide to play some other (older) RPGs that are actually worth Your time instead of supporting the butchering of the wonderful franchise... :?

sabishii

Arbiter

1. No ban policy.
Really? It's so obvious from my reply that I thought there was a ban policy!

2. Read aloud the headlines of the codex news since the first FO3 preview. About 95% of these are from VD and overtly negative. A lot of petty attempts at sarcasm and irony, only highlighting the aspects, which provoke most of the codexers.
And the sources for the negativity are nothing other than actual quotes from the devs. He does make snide comments, but they are only comments for those quotes - just look at the article we are talking about right now. And I don't speak for the rest of the Codex, but I could care less about VD's comments. I may enjoy them now and then, but what "provokes" me are the actual quotes in the article. Not what VD says.

Fair point. But who the fuck are you to say that "we all say FO3 will probably be a fun game"? I don't.

Because VD is making facts up, right? All of the quotes he shows us are all fake and thus there's no way that it's the gaming media's not discrediting themselves.

Also, if he is so trying to discredit Bethesda, why would he say this?:
" Now, that’s not to say you can talk your way through the entire game without ever engaging in combat. ... But within the quests, and several other places, yeah--you can talk your way through, if you’ve got the skill.

Hopefully, it's implemented better than in NWN2."

And then I have to ask, what motive does VD have in trying to discredit everyone? And if he is trying to discredit them, why does he not do it on a more popular website or forum, rather than here where many already share the same view?

Of course we're misinformed, because all the facts we're presented are made up, right?

Rei

Novice
Uh. Yeah Vault Dweller. Yeah!! Stop being such a propagandist. RPG Codex is no place for satire! There are enough sites and gaming magazines out so far expressing a extreme disapproval of prostitution.

You're obviously pushing a illicit agenda, like those sell outs at NMA. Confusing us with your... confusion. I see... I have eyes... I... I like money...

TheLostOne

Savant
VonVentrue said:
You may always decide to play some other (older) RPGs that are actually worth Your time instead of supporting the butchering of the wonderful franchise... :?

I do. Reinstalled Fallout and Bloodlines on my laptop a couple days ago.

I still want to see what the F3 final product looks like. Sure, everything looks pretty meh at the moment, but maybe in the next year they'll slip up and actually get some shit right.

Probably not.

Either way whether they release the CS or not, people are going to mod it up and if it's shit it will become slightly less smelly shit.

I like how the implication is that choosing to play a game that I may or may not enjoy, but making the decision myself, is herd mentality.

cRPGs have been dwindling away. The console market is too fucking big to be ignored by devs. Boycotting the few RPGs that do come out (not saying you should buy the game if you don't wan't to play it, but deciding to boycott over a year before release...) just confirms this in the minds of devs. I think that for the moment we just have to fucking deal with the jump-to-console-bandwagon trend that designers have started.

In a few years this will die down when a dev thinks,"You know, we've made a ton off the console gamers, but no one's made a really complex cRPG in a long time. That's a fucking open market right now." And then the trend swings the other way and the cycle continues.

I'm not suggesting that F3 will be good. It will probably be a half step up from Obliv, which isn't a stellar position.

I'm not suggesting you should buy it. If a game comes out that is crap, why the hell would you spend $50 on it?

I am suggesting that shutting down your mind and saying, "This game is dead to me," is pretty silly. Wait till release, read the indie reviews for an unbiased opinion, fucking torrent the thing to see how it is yourself. Then maybe you can have an informed opinion.

MetalCraze

Arcane
but maybe in the next year they'll slip up and actually get some shit right.

Probably not.

No they won't. 3 months have passed and bethbitches have not fixed anything. They made it even worse.

Either way whether they release the CS or not, people are going to mod it up and if it's shit it will become slightly less smelly shit.

A slightly less smelly shit is still a shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom