Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3:New Vegas 1.2.0.314 patch is now out on Steam.

Drakron

Arcane
A 252 MB download.

Changelog (the one in Steam)

This update addresses issues with the following areas:

- Pip-Boy Interface
- Repair Menu
- Caravan
- Weapons and Weapon Mods
- Hardcore Mode
- Perks
- Skills
- Crafting Recipes
- Crafting Menu
- Mojave Express
- Chems/Addiction
- Doctors
- Vendors
- PreOrder DLC Items
- Reputation System
- Radio Stations
- Companion fixes
- Companion Quests

and fixes for the following quests:

- Ain’t That a Kick in the Head
- By a Campfire on The Trail
- They Went That-a-Way
- My Kind of Town
- Boulder City Showdown
- Ring a Ding Ding!
- King’s Gambit
- For The Republic, Part 2
- Render Unto Caesar
- Et Tumor, Brute?
- The House Always Wins
- Wild Card
- Beyond the Beef
- GI Blues
- How Little We Know
- Oh My Papa
- Still In The Dark
- You’ll Know It When It Happens
- Arizona Killer
- Eureka!
- Veni, Vidi, Vici
- All or Nothing
- No Gods, No Masters
- Birds of a Feather
- I Put A Spell On you
- Come Fly With Me
- That Lucky Old Sun
- Don’t Make a Beggar of Me
- The White Wash
- Ghost Town Gunfight
- Restoring Hope
- Bleed Me Dry
- Aba Daba Honeymoon
- Tend To Your Business
- Wang Dang Atomic Tango
- Flags of Our Foul-Ups
- Debt Collector
- Talent Pool
- Left My Heart
- Someone To Watch Over Me
- Hard Luck Blues

(Same as the PS3 change log).

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oh boy, I guess NV was kinda bugged wasnt it? And probably still is knowing its devs...

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah I just downloaded that. Not that I had any problems before except graphic issues with weapons but I hope it fixes that. I'll check it tomorrow, gonna sleep soon.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I had one bug related to the Oh My Papa quest. I have a save from then, time to see if it fixes that particular bug.

Monocause

Arcane
So there isn't any mention of a performance fix (still have to use that third-party crude dll solution), stutter fix and audio issues fix that you may or may not have depending on your hardware?

I really dig this game but the game doesn't dig my rig, if you get my drift *badoomsh* dawg. Guess most of the game's bugs are related to poor hardware support.
I have to restart the game every 30 mins or so, seems like the audio buffer gets overloaded and I get an extremely loud constant buzz that won't go away until I quit and start the game again. Been fooling around with audio-related .ini settings, nothing I did made any difference.

Also: sometimes when I quit the game my computer reboots on its own due to some kind of a critical error, and it isn't about overheating - F:NV doesn't really tax my HD 3850 at the settings I play. No idea what it's all about, it's even more weird considering the fact that FO3 ran flawlessly on my rig and I can't believe Obsidian managed to fuck up the code so badly.

JrK

Prophet
So there isn't any mention of a performance fix
That's no bug, that's just intended design of the engine. It was intended to irritate the player so much they'd fail to notice the crappy content of OB and Fo3. Too bad NV inherited the design.

ironyuri

JrK said:
So there isn't any mention of a performance fix
That's no bug, that's just intended design of the engine. It was intended to irritate the player so much they'd fail to notice the crappy content of OB and Fo3. Too bad NV inherited the design.

If only NV had constructed more pylons, right?

Edit- I should probably be constructive too.

I have not had any major quest bugs. Is there a log which lists which bugs were fixed in each particular quest?

Only thing I ever ran into was the occasional enemy spawning halfway into the ground. Mostly Radscorpions, for some reason.

Bromancer

Educated
I haven't experienced any serious bugs with NV prior to this patch, although there were a handful of annoyances. Most of the stuttering and graphics problems were fixed with the first path for me. Also, I tweaked the ini quite a bit and enabled a lot of features that were mysteriously off by default (Goddamn consoles) on the PC. Namely, using threading for ai and npc's.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
It seems that the patch is missing on my electronic shop of choice (Piratebay).

Overweight Manatee said:
Is this the patch where they made the energy weapons non-shitty?

Having the highest DPS weapon in the game (going on equal skill levels - you ARE factoring in character skill and stats, aren't you?), and a bundle of other near-the-top weapons isn't good enough for you?

Even as a player that raised firearms first and energy second, my 'high dps' weapon during the midgame, when energy was still low, was still the Laser ECW, so accurate that VATS accuracy is great at midrange without skill (VERY rare in NV, where VATS takes a big accuracy penalty and the rebundled skill/weapons system strongly penalises out-of-skill-weapon-usage) and good damage. Of course, later in the midgame that was replaced as I got some decent weaponry, but that's at least one high-DPS weapon for Energy that you can get very early playing the game by its 'natural' path (following the main quest loosely, but clearing towns' sidequests as you go). It uses up ammo very quickly, but repair allows recycling of energy ammo (and scaling up of the DPS in return for less efficiency, if you want it), and there are other less ammo intensive energy weapons readily available.

Compare that to FO1 and 2, where energy weapons would get you absolutely nothing useful until a long way into the game - FO:NV is pretty much the only FO where you can play energy as 'main weapons' rather than 'my lategame ultra weapon' from the very first town.

Who cares about weapons you will use for the last 5% of the game (if ever)? Lets talk about how energy weapons start off with about 25% less base damage (after armor is applied, they may do 50% damage or less), in addition to having VERY significantly worse ammo modifier scaling, being less available overall, and half of them having a slow projectile projectile which makes aiming harder.

I played an energy-weapons character. You are vastly overstating the efficiency of High DPS/Low DMG weapons. Armor reduces you down to single digit damage per hit with most energy weapons while even someone unskilled with guns will do full damage to most everything with armor piercing rounds.

I'm not comparing it with FO1/2 because they are different games. Energy weapons were meant to be high level weapons in FO1/2. In F:NV they are meant to be equal and competitive with Guns, but they are not except for the end game or some of the unique weapons.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Anyone know what the adjustments to hardcore mode are? Does food/water/sleep drain faster now?

made

Arcane
Monocause said:
So there isn't any mention of a performance fix (still have to use that third-party crude dll solution), stutter fix and audio issues fix that you may or may not have depending on your hardware?
Wow, this update makes FALLOUT NEW VEGAS run silky smooth for me now, even without the d3d9.dll fix which I absolutely needed before now. Good update! Thank you uploader!

What I wonder is what are the pip boy interface changes? Actual improvements or new colors and shit?

EarlSaturday

Novice
Fixes for almost all the quests. Now that's your Obsidian game, right there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom