Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 leaked... For the freakin Xbox360

uhjghvt

Scholar
he finally found some deathclaws

2d27wg4.jpg

KreideBein

Scholar
I'm having a hard time thinking of a way that the trolling being perpetrated by 'Codex members at the ESF could be any more puerile. Most of you look vastly more infantile than those whom you're attempting to ridicule.

Zakhal

Liturgist
SuicideBunny said:
all that infatuation with fo3 going on here sure seems weird.
On other forums people have often mentioned that rpgcodex has a weird thing going on with fallout. And after seeing threads like this I can confirm it.

Data4

Arcane
Wait... wasn't it the chans who were responsible for the Snape Kills Dumbledore! campaign when Half-Blood Prince came out? Seeing people bitch about the FO3 spoilers is gold.

Data4

Arcane
KreideBein said:
I'm having a hard time thinking of a way that the trolling being perpetrated by 'Codex members at the ESF could be any more puerile. Most of you look vastly more infantile than those whom you're attempting to ridicule.

It's not so much ridicule as it is catharsis for the ass-raping of a great franchise. Where any ridicule comes into play is the pointing and laughing at the reactions to the spoilers.

Deleted member 7219

KreideBein said:

I see you like to act superior.

I'd like to say that there are Codexers here trying to post spoilers over there, but there are also Codexers like me who are just doing some light-hearted trolling, the kind of trolling Codexers have been doing over there for years.

Xi

Arcane
Plus, Bethesda mods remove any posts that are relevant to a counter-argument. They do this to "prevent flaming"(aka censor) and stifle valuable thought provoking conversations.
You don't want the mildly intelligent people convincing the utterly retarded, "suckers of Satan's cocks" so to speak, that Fallout 3 may just be a bundle of shit wrapped around a bundle of hype.

Doing this would be flaming because anything that is negative or contrary of the game is obviously a flame. Pretty sure Bethesda will stop writing in game books for the next ES game. Instead you will find the books' remains in a random dungeon burnt to a crisp. Censorship at its finest of course, and cheaper to produce said game. Just fire those writers!

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
St. Toxic said:
Anyone else surprised they're actually calling the area "Capital Wasteland" ? I remember constantly doing that as a joke in an effort to ridicule Bethesda, and they, like, just went with it or something? Jeez.
Yeah, that struck me as odd, too. But then the same it true of Americans who constantly seem to specify that they are talking about America(ns) even when it doesn't seem necessary or even sensible to do so.

Matt7895 said:
In that Gametrailers interview one of the developers said the White House is a smoking ruin...

No prizes for guessing the Enclave secret base is under it
Oh, come on. That'd be too dumb even for Bethesduh, wouldn't it. Wouldn't it?

Chefe

Erudite
I hope you guys stick around several days after the retail release on the 28th for my official Codex review of Fallout 3. I have not watched any of these videos, or read any spoilers, to avoid bias in my judgement.

Helton

Arcane
xuerebx said:
Do you allow me to agree with you, oh wise Helton?

??

:oops: Oh jeez man we hsare and oniopon and ish? Be my BFF forever will you plz!? Let's buddy butt fuck in evry thread and share our internet advnturs and laugh at the stupid breaders.

HA! I laugh at u stypid breaders!

:oops: Oh my it will be so un!

Suchy

Arcane
The franchise was raped in ass and mouth by multiheaded dicks, true... But spamming story spoilers? You kids are fucking lame.

Micmu

Magister
Suchy said:
The franchise was raped in ass and mouth by multiheaded dicks, true... But spamming story spoilers? You kids are fucking lame.
Your father escapes the vault, which causes an uproar so you escapes as well. While trying to track him down you learn of Project Purity, a research project your parents worked on before you were born (they wanted you to grow up in safety, so your father and you moved to the vault (your mother died when you were born)). The project was about creating a machine which would totally cleanse all the radiated water (which would be good as it's the source for life etc etc). You find your father and together you almost complete the project, but the Enclave seizes it. Your father, refusing to cooperate, activates the unfinished machine, releasing radiation killing the present Enclave along with himself - allowing you to escape. In the end, you find the missing piece to complete the project, but the Enclave captures you and takes it. The president of the Enclave releases you, and tells you to insert a virus into the machine which would poison the cleaned water with a virus killing all non-pure humans. Together with the Brotherhood of Steel you seize the machine, and have the choice to activate it yourself (and dying in the process), letting Lyon (I think) from the BoS do it - and a choice whether you will insert the virus as well.

KreideBein

Scholar
Matt7895 said:
I see you like to act superior.

Not really. I'm pointing out that what you're doing is quite stupid. If I had mentioned that I've never done it, then I'd be acting superior. I obviously didn't point that out, though, as it wouldn't be true; I used to do occasional trolling on the ESF in 2006.

Matt7895 said:
I'd like to say that there are Codexers here trying to post spoilers over there, but there are also Codexers like me who are just doing some light-hearted trolling,

Watching someone pretend to be a stereotypical FO3/Oblivion/Bethesda fan gets old very quickly unless it's done amazingly well. Unfortunately, all but one or two of the people from this forum who troll the ESF do not do it well.

Matt7895 said:
the kind of trolling Codexers have been doing over there for years.

Wow, what a load of bullshit. Simply because 'Codexers have been trolling the ESF for years doesn't change the fact that it's almost always depressingly lame.

Xi

Arcane
I swear, trolling is no different than say terrorism or even communism, it's just a label to remove the credibility of something, promote fear, and cause preemptive action without just cause.

Many of the people who are so called "trolls" are simply stating the blatant truth, in your face, much like a comedian after they point out something that is too obvious to be true and you laugh, and maybe even shit your pants, because it's so damn ridiculous and funny.

So if trolling is just revealing the truth in elaborately funny ways, then I guess we're all trolls. Censorship much?

"Shut him up! We've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up!"

Data4

Arcane
Xi said:

Interesting place to find a David Icke quote. :D

EDIT: Let me rephrase that. I meant Bill Hicks. David Icke used Bill Hicks' quote in a book I read recently. The analogy fits perfectly.

KreideBein

Scholar
Xi said:
I swear, trolling is no different than say terrorism or even communism, it's just a label to remove the credibility of something, promote fear, and cause preemptive action without just cause.

Many of the people who are so called "trolls" are simply stating the blatant truth, in your face, much like a comedian after they point out something that is too obvious to be true and you laugh, and maybe even shit your pants, because it's so damn ridiculous and funny.

So if trolling is just revealing the truth in elaborately funny ways, then I guess we're all trolls. Censorship much?

Arguing -- whether in a diplomatic or vitriolic manner -- that that FO3 sucks isn't trolling. I'm of the opinion that being labeled a troll and being banned for it is bad moderation, as are most other people here. However, repeatedly posting something along the lines of "I think that FO3 is going to be a great game! It'll be true to the past Fallout games! I love Bethesda!" is stupid trolling, as is spamming spoilers. It's an incredibly rare occurrence that either of those acts are done in a elaborate or funny way.

Xi

Arcane
Data4 said:
Xi said:

Interesting place to find a David Icke quote. :D

EDIT: Let me rephrase that. I meant Bill Hicks. David Icke used Bill Hicks' quote in a book I read recently. The analogy fits perfectly.

Yeah, it's from Bill Hicks.

A quick google search of "David Icke" revelead this:
British author exposes the reptilian bloodline that rules the world. Learn the truth about many people, including the British Royals, Brian Mulroney, ...

Arguing -- whether in a diplomatic or vitriolic manner -- that that FO3 sucks isn't trolling. I'm of the opinion that being labeled a troll and being banned for it is bad moderation, as are most other people here. However, repeatedly posting something along the lines of "I think that FO3 is going to be a great game! It'll be true to the past Fallout games! I love Bethesda!" is stupid trolling, as is spamming spoilers. It's an incredibly rare occurrence that either of those acts are done in a elaborate or funny way.

Yeah, it can get old I guess, but it's a sarcastic way of capturing the ethos of the ESF. If done right, the mods wouldn't even know the difference because it's the verbal diarrhea of so many Pro-Bethesdians over there.

This is the irony too. They ban people for being too critical, even if you spend a lot of time and create fairly detailed posts - and do some with "civility and honor," or they simply delete your hard work and tell you "We did this to prevent flaming." So it's like they say, "we don't want to ban the people who like us, so to avoid this, we will just delete your thought provoking post, or just ban you." Censorship at its finest.

Keep the media dumb, and keep the masses dumber. Kill(ban) the communist, terrorist, trolling dissenters!

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
Honestly, am I the only one who doesn't find simply spamming spoilers funny? We can do better than that. The reactions might be amusing, but on the whole it's just dickish, and not very clever at all.
No, you're not the only one. When I saw this thread had almost doubled in size since last looking in it I thought there might be some interesting debating or at least more righteous bitching going on. Instead I find 10 pages of retards chucking shit at other retards and high-fiving each other for it.

KreideBein

Scholar
Xi said:
Yeah, it can get old I guess, but it's a sarcastic way of capturing the ethos of the ESF. If done right, the mods wouldn't even know the difference because it's the verbal diarrhea of so many Pro-Bethesdians over there.

This is the irony too. They ban people for being too critical, even if you spend a lot of time and create fairly detailed posts - and do some with "civility and honor," or they simply delete your hard work and tell you "We did this to prevent flaming." So it's like they say, "we don't want to ban the people who like us, so to avoid this, we will just delete your thought provoking post, or just ban you." Censorship at its finest.

Keep the media dumb, and keep the masses dumber. Kill(ban) the communist, terrorist, trolling dissenters!

Yeah, sometimes the mods there practice rather suspect practices. That's the main reason that I stopped posting there; being a dissident both falls on deaf ears and gets the moderators on your ass since you are, after all, being disruptive to the lock-step march of Bethesda admiration. However, if you don't like the opinions or moderation of a forum, the best solution is to simply not post there. Spamming and trolling are pointless and make the perpetrator look very immature.

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
You shitballs should be ashamed of yourselves. I mean how much more childish can you get?

It's okay to think FO3 sucks. It's okay to not agree with Bethforums mod practices but apparently they are completely justifyed by people like you.

I mean, I don't even care about the game but I can't even pop in and check the fucking forums in the offchance I may rent the game because you don't get your way and have to break the other kids' toys too.

It's a disgrace. And when the media portrays you and sites like NMA as whiny ranters who can't grow up and get over it this is why. You fuel the stereotype.

Fucking shameful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom