Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Fallout 3 IS Oblivion with Guns

TheLostOne

Savant
Lumpy said:
Locue said:
TheLostOne said:
Also:
"And it was here in this blighted land that he learned to live again." Isn't this a direct quote from Mad Max?

I could be wrong, havent seen them in a while.
They switched "place" with "land", but other than that its a direct MM2 rip! I'd be angry but I'm just not that surprised. :roll:

Edit: "And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again."
:roll:
It's not that fucking hard to figure out. They had a picture where the Vault Dweller walks into the sunset. The magazine thought the picture looked like Mad Max and decided to reference it in the pic comment. But OMG BETHESDA ARE RIPOFFERS.

Doh!

Somehow I pictured that text as in game subtitles or something instead of just captions from the magazine.

Carry on, carry on.

Zeros

Novice
And it's from those dramatic fly-bys and follow-cams that you'll realize the Vault's quaint 1950s vibe is merely a distraction for the fountains of blood and gleeful amounts of gore that highlight Fallout 3

Yeah! Because nobody gave a shit about that silly 50's thing going on Fallout. It was just a distraction! great!

I assume it refers to the vtec stuff, but it's not too unlikely that other 50's-ambience and setting is just a "distraction" for the visuals, the father-finding and the gore-lulz.

slipgate_angel

Scholar
I did think the book was a little cute, but like one guy on NMA mentioned, it was a bad decision to not name any statistics that went into charisma. Also, at first, I too didn't like the zombie, but then again most of the ghouls in the game were hostal. The thing that bothered me was that the one depicted in the picture looked more like a skeleton than a human with very, VERY bad skin issues.

Once again Bethesda, you manage to play the racist card, and make anybody who isn't a human, monsters. :x

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Lumpy said:
Locue said:
TheLostOne said:
Also:
"And it was here in this blighted land that he learned to live again." Isn't this a direct quote from Mad Max?

They switched "place" with "land", but other than that its a direct MM2 rip! I'd be angry but I'm just not that surprised. :roll:

It's not that fucking hard to figure out. They had a picture where the Vault Dweller walks into the sunset. The magazine thought the picture looked like Mad Max and decided to reference it in the pic comment. But OMG BETHESDA ARE RIPOFFERS.
Well, geez, Lumpy. I hadn't read the damn magazine before I wrote my reply. Don't you roll your eyes on me, Squall! My bad but I'm still not all that crazy about it, y'know.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I suppose NMA has been taken off the official fansite index again. What a shame. Are the devs also gonna stop posting there again?

The article is pretty boring. So they finally say outright that it's Oblivion with Guns, the same old hype of VATS and gore and a ridiculous example of what "dark humor" is to Emil.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Claw: Bethesda devs don't post on NMA. Like RPGCodex, it's a place non grata for the company. Dunno if they're officially not allowed, but it sure as hell isn't encouraged.

DarkUnderlord said:
*That should satisfy our link quota for Brother None.

I hate you.

Speaking of interviews: Here's a Codex exclusive from that mag, because I know no one will be able to appreciate it like you do

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Guess which one is me
4chanFallout31.jpg

4chanFallout3.jpg

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Locue said:
Lumpy said:
Locue said:
TheLostOne said:
Also:

Well, geez, Lumpy. I hadn't read the damn magazine before I wrote my reply. Don't you roll your eyes on me, Squall! My bad but I'm still not all that crazy about it, y'know.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You make us Fallout fans look bad, you have to be smarter than this. It's pretty fuckin obivous that the magazine wrote it, have you ever read a magazine before?

Black

Arcane
POOPERSCOOPER said:
Locue said:
Lumpy said:
Locue said:
TheLostOne said:
Also:

You make us Fallout fans look bad, you have to be smarter than this. It's pretty fuckin obivous that the magazine wrote it, have you ever read a magazine before?
What he said.

Jeff Graw

StarChart Interactive
Developer
Fallout also had huge unrealistic amounts of gore, but when F3 does it we shit a brick? Come on, you guys are *failing* at making fun of *Fallout 3*. Do you know how sad that is?

caliban

Scholar
Jeff Graw said:
Fallout also had huge unrealistic amounts of gore, but when F3 does it we shit a brick? Come on, you guys are *failing* at making fun of *Fallout 3*. Do you know how sad that is?

But if you consider the fact that

1) it wasn't the original games' main selling point,
2) it wasn't NEARLY as ridiculous as this shit, and
3) the original games weren't made by jackasses who consider talking to a severed head the height of "dark humor",

you will realise that it is indeed you who have failed.

Do you know how sad it is?

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Brother None said:
Claw: Bethesda devs don't post on NMA. Like RPGCodex, it's a place non grata for the company. Dunno if they're officially not allowed, but it sure as hell isn't encouraged.
I thought Emil had posted on NMA recently. Yesterday I wrote a post on the Bethesda forums basically referring to NMA as example of who Fallout 3 isn't made for, and before I posted it I became paranoid and checked their fansite list, and I thought I had found it listed there. Not so today.

Jeff Graw said:
Eh, Fallout had diverse beautifully crafted death animations. Blowing limbs of like in Unreal Tournament is a step backwards. Also, what about damage-specific effects like turning enemies into a puddle? That was one of my favourites.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Jeff Graw said:
:D

Black_Willow said:
retarded troll said:
YOUR (...) GAME IS FINALLY GONNA GET DA BETHESDA TREATMENT

Bethesda:"Look, Fallout! You dropped your soap!"
:lol:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Emil posted on NMA once. Not recently. He posted on the official forums recently.

We always get removed from the fansite list as long as we have scans on our frontpage. We get put back once they rotate off.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Saint_Proverbius said:
Feral ghouls were hit with so much radiation that they basically devolved into zombies. Some of them glow.
- OXM April 2008

Then why do they still wear pants?

Because of the ESRB? Imagine the scandal if zombie cocks got into the final game... and they'd be glowing.

Andhaira

Arcane
I wonder...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom