Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3... is fucking ugly?

MetalCraze

Arcane
I dunno guys, but this game looks worse than games from 2004. And yes it looks worse than oblivion. According to the guy who plays it it even has reused items from oblivion and you can enable shadows for arrows in INI file huh huh

Behold - the much hyped next-gen graphics at more than MAX settings (through ini, everything is on max, except bloom was turned off to prevent eye-damage)
http://ipicture.ru/Gallery/Viewfull/8491863.html
http://s2.ipicture.ru/uploads/081028/W7N3AcWrgU.jpg

and no it wasn't me who made the screenshots. I won't even bother torrenting this piece of shit of a game. Guess Bethesda learned how to stop piracy.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's just because he turned bloom off. When bloom is turned on it burns your eyes and makes everything looks white-fucking-awsum so you can't see any pixels or flaws of graphic. That's what bloom is for. Developers make it because they don't have time to make better textures and, most of all, people like it (with some exceptions, like retards from RPGCodex, for example).

So let the bloom burn you eyes, let the stupid dialogues change you to dumbfuck, let Todd raep you...

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Looks quite nice, not how Fallout should look, but quite ok. It would have been great to play proper RPG in this enviroment.
Edit: i am talking only about panoramic shots posted by skyway.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Of course. Empty plain landscapes and bridges leading into the earth are the perfect design choices for a visuals in game.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yes highways over empty land leading to nowhere except ground full of the same looking stones. Because there are no other blocks of highways nearby. Maybe they were blown away by the wind? Fucking awesome graphx man

You are joking, right?
Well ok they have 3 trees that look like a stick growing from the ground and 10 big stones lying here and there covered by incredibly low-res textures from Oblivion - and you can only ask yourself a question - wtf are those big stones doing there and how did they get there in the first place. And everything of it is covered by the incredible grey-yellow colour gamma. Happy?

spectre

Arcane
-Ma, where did all the shadows go?
-The nukular blast took them away son.

Seriosly, the pic looks lke the character was looking at a flat tapestry. Next gen awesomness.

That, or Bethesduh gfx department didn't have perspective at school.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Oh this is just plain silly when people insist those are graphics worth mentioning. And as an added bonus, it really points out the whoreness of the "professional" "reviews."

szoreny

Novice
Lancaster County Pennsylvania United States Amuric
Bethesda and Game-Bryo have a codependent relationship that generates a lot of cash.

Unfortunately their union also produces offspring who are not only lazy-eyed retards, but perky, self-entitled attention whores as well.

racofer said:
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6969/fallout3200810281338455pc4.jpg

Remember that screenshot posted some time ago where a "woman" had fucking huge hands? Look at this thing then.

Beth-soft wit dept. probably named this weapon, 'the little prick'

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
skyway said:
Well ok they have 3 trees that look like a stick growing from the ground and 10 big stones lying here and there covered by incredibly low-res textures from Oblivion - and you can only ask yourself a question - wtf are those big stones doing there and how did they get there in the first place. And everything of it is covered by the incredible grey-yellow colour gamma. Happy?
You missed the point completely.

Fenril

Scholar
skyway said:
Of course. Empty plain landscapes and bridges leading into the earth are the perfect design choices for a visuals in game.

You mean tortured wastelands with almost no distinguishable features?

DUDE THATS TOTALLY AGAINST THE FALLOUT CANON, NO SERIOUSLY THOSE WORLD DESIGNERS SUCK.
Need more pink and blue altered-by-extreme-radiation rock and earth types!

Reaching a bit?

spectre

Arcane
Well, thing is, even if you keep the colors in the spectrum one would associate with a blasted landscape, there really is some room for color variation. Just a tiny bit of contrast, is all I am asking for. I think it would even remedy the feel of there being no perspective.

Cause right now we have the second coming of Quake - less jagged edges but still 65355 shades of poop.

spectre

Arcane
No U !!!!111onone9/11]

41_07_54---No-U-Turn-Road-Traffic-Sign_web.jpg

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Cloaked Figure said:
the animations truly do look like shit. example:

f_stonedm_a769bc4.jpg

note the jaggedness of his head, and his awkward eyes.

That's an example of an animation?

Ban cloaked figure.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Fenril said:
skyway said:

You mean tortured wastelands with almost no distinguishable features?

DUDE THATS TOTALLY AGAINST THE FALLOUT CANON, NO SERIOUSLY THOSE WORLD DESIGNERS SUCK.
Need more pink and blue altered-by-extreme-radiation rock and earth types!

Reaching a bit?

looks like we've got yellow and grey altered-by-extreme-radiation rock and earth and every other shit types instead! yay!

spectre said:
blasted landscape

blasted landscape != fucking sepia image. Fallout1 and 2 had much more colour variety btw. And I can't see how it ruined the "tortured wasteland". But it surely looked better than shitty sepia Beth feeds to us.
Since when blasts remove colour from everything?

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The screenshots remind me of how awful the vault suit with shoulder pad looks. What the fuck is that supposed to be?
I like the outfit with protective vest, although I'm not sure the style is appropriate. It looks a little off.

I think the landscape is the least of Bethout's problems.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
skyway said:
Empty plain landscapes
wat? those look quite full to me. too full, in fact. looks like someone took random stylistic post-apoc elements, and jizzed them all over a single frame.
wasn't the area supposed to have been carpet-nuked (since obviously there were multiple bombs)? sure doesn't look like it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom