Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 2 was boring.

Andhaira

Arcane
There, I said it. It was boring as shit. I never got poast the first town despite two playthroughs. Also, that NPC Sulik was annoying as FUCK!

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
AndhairaX said:
There, I said it. It was boring as shit. I never got poast the first town despite two playthroughs. Also, that NPC Sulik was annoying as FUCK!

0/10

Dont you have anything better to do, go watch a movie or deliver weekly supplies to taliban?

Silellak

Cipher
AndhairaX said:
DISCUSS!!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Andhaira is boring.

There, I said it. He was and still is boring as shit. I never got poast (sic) the first thread despite two readthroughs. Also, that discus was annoying as FUCK!

ironyuri

Fallout 2 was boring because it didn't have enough Djinn.

Djinn exist!

chzr

Erudite
Fallout 2 was boring.

andhaira.png

Antihero

Liturgist
It felt fun enough. Also, if you join the slavers, at least your encounter with Sulik should be a happy one for you.

I only got put off by it for a while when I *finally* got the car to stash my inventory in, but had it disappear every time I go into a town (no, not New Reno). Maybe it was somewhere I just didn't realize, but it didn't seem related to that other bug where half the car vanishes.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
AndhairaX said:

:thumbsup:

Seriously, I agree. I never finished it more than once. The game had some pretty good quest design at times, but not much else. Setting was ruined, barely any memorable characters (subjective I suppose), a lot of boring quests (fedex bullshit), story was boring too. Combat was ridiculously unbalanced, and like with the original Fallout it was possible to make a character that could pretty much do everything if you knew what you were doing. To me the Fallout games represent something, but I don't actually enjoy them that much, which makes me a huge poser of course.

SkeleTony

Augur
The only problem with Fallout 2 is the ending. Yeah...a developer(s) can take the lazy way and just stuff random rooms with floors that do massive damage every step the PCs take(with no regard for logic or sensibility) and I guess that is a challenge(in the same way that playing the game without a working monitor would be) but a stupid one.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The start was definitely boring-ish but after some levels game got way more interesting. And spears suck, going from tribal chosen one to gunslinger is a big improvement...

SkeleTony

Augur
Malakal said:
The start was definitely boring-ish but after some levels game got way more interesting. And spears suck, going from tribal chosen one to gunslinger is a big improvement...

True. Didn't someone create a mod that removed the 'Temple of trials' part at least?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom