Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallen Earth is now Free to Play

Fatty

Augur
Fun game so far. Just installed it a couple days ago based on what I read on this thread. Level 5 I think? I just kind of wander around collecting/scavenging and crafting so far. I don't play MMO's at all so I didn't really have any expectations. Also I usually stick to sword and sorcery crap.

Also I tried a female toon and got squat humped I think while I was going through my recipes. Normal MMO occurrance?

Interesting

Educated
I played it for one month last year when it was subscription based, but I got an alienware key in a giveaway.

Then played again two months ago when started the F2P version. It was packed in the beggining. I used to type /who and saw hundreds of players in each area. Now, the popularity went down to 15% of that. Lots of new games got released in the period (I quit to play Skyrim for two weeks).

They had a bad launch, with many server crashes and instability. Now its fixed (related to the decline of population im afraid).

The game is getting positive press and decent popularity on the main f2p mmorpg forums. The same original devs and old devs came back to the team with the new found success and lots of big features were promised. Such as a procedurally generated event/quests, ability to hold territory for factions and now, some changes to how the faction system works (removing shoulder factions).

To me, there are a few invincible barriers to my enjoyment of this game. We have an appearance of sandbox, but I can see through the ilusion. The lack of faction open PVP, makes the whole faction system meaningless and removes all the immersion of the wasteland. Many suggestion were offered in regards to this aspect, since the inception period.
There is tooglable PVP and that room based deathmatch style PVP, but that doesnt deliver the cut-throat experience I associate and came to expect from the setting. Thats not what I look for. There is no coherence in everyone being self suficient economy wise, resources being plentyfull with limited demand and everyone living in a bubble of immunity.

The type of community the game has could endure an experience more akin to EVE and Haven and Hearth.
Considering that everyone lives in a bubble, the linear quest/crafting timesinks are unbearable. Its the epitome example of the so called single player MMORPG syndrom. So much wasted potential. To each its own, I guess.

Angthoron

Arcane
Combat is kinda clunky too, but I rather enjoyed the game as long as I just wandered around. Low player pop also gives it a more proper wasteland feel.

Angthoron

Arcane
Looks like nobody cares about the game but I don't have anywhere else to post. :cryinglol:

This was supposed to be a raid.

t7Fxb.jpg

5hX9q.jpg

Ended this madness by ragedeleting my character once and for all.
What is going on there, explain plx?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So this actually came back after being shut down two years ago. Steam client download is still pending unless you already have it in your library.
https://massivelyop.com/2021/10/28/...er-two-years-as-fallen-earth-classic-is-live/

Well, that didn’t take long: Just one week after initially teasing Fallen Earth Classic, Little Orbit has got the whole thing online. Downloads were available last night, and as of this morning, the game servers are actually live, though we’re still waiting on Steam reactivation as of this writing.

ADL

Prophet
I'm really curious to see how this pans out given that they're not monetizing it at all. Who's paying the bills and how long-term?

Sundevil96

Educated
I can't even get the updater from not crashing. I can log in and it bring down an update, but when the music starts, the updater crashes. I have chosen the defrag option and also the full scan for game files, nothing seems to work. Maybe I will just wait for the steam release to try again.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
So this is totally free? No paywalls, microtransactions, pay-to-win, or buy-the-expansions-at-$50-per-pop-to-unlock-new-zones or bullshit like that?

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
is it true that if you decide to play stealthy and hide in bushes and shit waiting to ambush and the other guy running a potato computer that needs to turn down grass/detail levels will see you just squatting there with no cover waiting to get your ass shot off? lol I took a look at a YT video. Character models = good. Animations = bad.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm really curious to see how this pans out given that they're not monetizing it at all. Who's paying the bills and how long-term?
These old games designed to run on server hardware from 15-20 years ago probably cost next to nothing to keep running now.
Eh... still requires maintenance. So manpower cost.

Hobbyists can only keep stuff alive for so long for free. But even then I'd imagine they opt for some kind of donation system, which is fine of course.

of course not, as any old school mmorpg. but soon i'm going to be able to assemble my own motorbike and ditch this slow ass horse.

finally past level 20, the game starts to open up with factions and serious crafting (hate the level cap) and customization.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom