Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fable 3 (PC) - The making of..

ortucis

Prophet

The Wizard

Educated
i can't wait to fart on peoples heads and mash buttons like a chimpanzee!

"yeah we like, changed the controls, and stuff"

oh gee, thank you. :/

"while this is the year of RPG serious business (The Witcher 2! Mass Effect 3! Mother-lovin’ Skyrim! Deus Ex: Human Revolution! It’s an *incredible* year for RPGs) "

:(

Data4

Arcane
While Fable 3 doesn't appeal to me in the least, credit where it's due. If you're going to do a port, that's the right way to do it.

ortucis

Prophet
The Wizard said:
i can't wait to fart on peoples heads and mash buttons like a chimpanzee!

Belching & farting were in Fable TLC as well but in all my playthroughs I always remember using those emotes once during opening tutorial.

In Fable 3 video I saw the game uses it as a part of some banter but you aren't actually forced to run around farting (though that would be funny.. lolol farts :P ).

Drakron

Arcane
The fact this is not a port does not change one fact, the WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS??? User Interface that is ... well ... complete and utter shit.

I dont think anyone wanted Fable 3 for PC, also TLC added new content besides not being a port were this seem to be adding ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! besides what was in the original XBox 360 release.

ortucis

Prophet
Drakron said:
I dont think anyone wanted Fable 3 for PC...

:rpgcodex:

I am pretty sure Lionhead/Fable fans like me (and the ones complaing about no PC versions in their forums) wanted Fable 3 and even 2 on PC. I doubt it we will get 2 but oh well, like TLC PC version is a better version of what consoles got. I am not complaining.

Data4

Arcane
I was just thinking about the differences in game worlds between Fable and The Witcher. In Fable 3, to make a friend with a guy, you take his hand and tra-la-la your way to the pub. Try that shit in the Witcher universe and you'll get your hand chopped off and your gut split.

Screw that one thread about playing a forced female character; how about Fable 3 and its forced faggotry?

I don't think you are ever forced to make friends with random men in the street in the Fable series.

Reminds me of that guy who complained about Arcade Gannon hitting on him, even though the player needs the "Faggot" "Confirmed Bachelor" perk to unlock that conversation.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Gritty? In the Fable games you actually make friends by showing them the bloody trophies that you hacked of the cold corpses of your slain enemies.

Then you fart.

Data4

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
I don't think you are ever forced to make friends with random men in the street in the Fable series.

Reminds me of that guy who complained about Arcade Gannon hitting on him, even though the player needs the "Faggot" "Confirmed Bachelor" perk to unlock that conversation.

Eh, I'm just going by the videos I've seen. I just assumed there may be some quests where an item or information was needed from someone, but not before chumming up with them first. The hand holding mechanic, on the surface at least, just looks so goddamned gay.

ortucis

Prophet
Most people exaggerate one small annoying gmaeplay element in videos to prove a point. I wouldn't take them seriously. In Fable TLC people liked and even loved you when you went around showing your hardest kills (their heads) as trophies.

Game is poking fun at everything. I don't know why people take it so seriously. You can still play Witcher 2 to regain your manhood when in doubt. :lol:

baronjohn

Cipher
Data4 said:
The hand holding mechanic, on the surface at least, just looks so goddamned gay.
Not if you're in kindergarten, which is Fable's target demographic.

speaking of target demographics

editorial13.jpg
190px-GeraltRivia2.png

Data4

Arcane
ortucis said:
Most people exaggerate one small annoying gmaeplay element in videos to prove a point. I wouldn't take them seriously. In Fable TLC people liked and even loved you when you went around showing your hardest kills (their heads) as trophies.

Game is poking fun at everything. I don't know why people take it so seriously.

The videos I saw were the official ones right at around F3's release. I drew my own conclusions.

You can still play Witcher 2 to regain your manhood when in doubt. :lol:

Butthurt detected. :smug:

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gone is enslaving masses with necroma err showing off your trophies. Now you can only try to sway one npc at a time, and you do it by holding down a button. And eventually after enough interactions they'll send you on a fetch quest before they really like you.

Fable was shit
Fable 2 was shittier
Fable 3 is shittiest

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom