Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Extended Cut: Mass Effect 3 Ending DLC Announced

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
How much do you want to bet that the Extended Cut will be shitter than the default ending? At least people can enter denial mode and dream about the Indoctrination Theory.

Well they are saying they won't be changing anything regarding the ending, just adding some extra stuff, probably slides and shit ala DA:O and maybe an extra scene or two with the crew surviving or not and some shots of the galaxy at large like with the 'updated' Return of the Jedi.

In other words, Shep still dies or uses space magic to turn everyone into cyborgs. He won't live happily ever after with his waifu/butt buddy. The last sequence still will make no logical sense.

Still, I liked the ending. People are morans.

Why did you like it? I'm partial to the 'Shep dies so others may live' idea but the whole setup made no sense and it was horribly articulated. I don't give a damn at not having Shep going into the sunset with his love, what I do find shitty is not having the broader decisions mean anything. Why bust one's arse all over the universe deciding who lives/dies, bringing peace among the factions etc. when in every ending, everything is fucked up? Sure you can try to fill in the blanks yourself and imagine that in the 'good' ending, everyone else lives etc. but I'm playing the fucking game to not have to larp an ending that makes sense given the choices. I want to know the designers' vision if they have any.

I also cannot fathom idiotic things coming out of the blue like the existence of the reapers and their reasoning: "synthetics destroying organics in order to save organics from creating synthetics that will destroy them". :retarded: Is there a shittier justification for the 'big bad' than this? Fuck I'd rather the 'destroy the world for the evils' that fantasy dishes out!

Then there's the God Child and space magic and the "Do you take the prize behind door number 1, 2 or 3?" setup on top of citadel. Amazingly nice of the Reapers to build this complete with color coded panel perfectly suited to humans even though Shep was the first organic to ever make it. They were even considerate enough to put a 'Do not push this button!' James Bond style self destruct as one of the options.

Why wait for Shep to jump in and turn everyone into cyborgs? Why not throw in anyone over the millions of years before? Oh, they were waiting for THE ONE TO BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE, right? :retarded:

FUCK ME.

Edwin

Scholar
I dont get the ending at all.Ashley(romanced her in 1 and 3) was down there on earth with me and Garrus and we tried to get to the beam.Harbringer and the other Rapers killed them,Shepard barely got there alive.I reloaded and tried all 3 endings and guess what in all 3(almost identical) cutscenes Ashley can be seen leaving the Normandy with Joker and EDI(no injuries,no fucking scars,no nothing).

What the fuck?I want to see how they will explain that(the whole point of the last few maps was that it was incredibly hard getting close to that fucking beam+Garrus and Ash died+they wouldnt leave Shepard just like that+the Normandy had more useful things to do in that battle than saving 1 fucking person).

Oh and I dont get where the fuck the Normandy went anyway with that massive battle going on in the Solar System.Joker is a fucking coward and just stole my ship or what the fuck?If thats the case why didnt EDI(or any1 else) stop him?Joker is just a fucking cripple,dont tell me that he soloed my entire crew(while we are at it I dont get how/and why they all appeared on earth so that I could emo talk with them,wasnt there a battle in space or didnt they have something more important/useful to do?As I remember I left the Normandy only with Garrus and Ash+the gay(there should be an option in the menu to disable gay NPCs,they are going on my nerves) dunnohisname pilot,the last 1 hour of the game is a complete brainfart)

aaanyway that starchild thing was fucking retarded too,I tried to headshot him but didnt work.If that room was on the citadel since forever how come that nobody found it?They never heard of scanning or mathematics?This isnt Harry Potter this was supposed to be a scifi ffs(nothing made sense btw,illusive man,anderson but cba to get into that too)

The only thing I liked about the endings was destroying the Mass Relays and the Citadel,that was just brilliant.With this move they destroyed the only unique thing in the ME universe(everything else they stole from Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica).They deserve to get fired just for this 1 thing alone lol

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
I dont get the ending at all.Ashley(romanced her in 1 and 3) was down there on earth with me and Garrus and we tried to get to the beam.Harbringer and the other Rapers

I'd like to think that was unintentional. :lol:
I had Liara and it was she that left the Normandy. Seems that whoever you fuck from the first game magically appears on the Normandy. This must be the 'your choices from the entire series decide the ending' bit. :M

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
EA just killed for me second series after DA, Good Fucking work you greedy Joos. Was going to buy ME 2 and replay it but for what now? Tuchanka the mission with meaningful C&C from previous part alone is not worth to deal will all this derp and fagotery.

Honestly I'm just interesting in seeing the giant dewback lizards as Bioware originally intended to have in the game but was forced to cut due to time constraints. Also all enemies must shoot first before Shepard uses the renegade actions.

metzger

Educated
So now Codex thinks that ME was a great series and EA somehow ruined it? Like it wasn't shitty popamole from the beginning? Fascinating.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
So now Codex thinks that ME was a great series and EA somehow ruined it? Like it wasn't shitty popamole from the beginning? Fascinating.

Tryhard newfag gonna tryhard....:M

Please do not use 'popamole' ever again in a sentence. At the very least wait a year or two.

Can't wait for your next post when you; with great erudition; tell us all about how the Codex is POPAMOLE for liking shitty POPAMOLE Fallout: New Vegas instead of the original Fallout 3...

Edwin

Scholar

I play all kind of shit games because gaming is my hobby and nowadays you can hardly find something whats not shit(all genres included)...btw I never said that MEs are great but if I get to choose between starving to death and eating shit I will go for the shit.I must say that ME is a pretty neat piece of shit compared to the other new shits you can choose from

and ME belonged to EA since the beginning but yeah with ME3 the quality is at an all time low(at this point we can barely call it a game,it feels like I can never play just watch)...what EA ruined is called dragon fucking age

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
"The Codex"? As in, a couple of Codexers?
Which ones? all I see are those bitching that it was even worse than previous entries. Has anyone actually claimed the first 2 were "great"?

Also, Shannow's statement about the Codex Hivemind needs to be an unskippable popup for every newfag/alt.

Still,ME franchise and games are miles better from what Beth serve..
I srsl get nausea when i see someone praising Oblivskyrim...
At least ME flaws are ispiration for many lulz i have over this quarter of the year.

Stinger

Arcane
All said and done releasing the extended ending for free is quite an incline for EA and Bioware. Though I guess it's more out of desperation than understanding that nickel and dime dlc is a dick move.

I bet it'll really just be some ending slides to clarify things and maybe the ending cutscene will be redone so it isn't just the same cutscene with different colours.

Edwin

Scholar
Still,ME franchise and games are miles better from what Beth serve..
I srsl get nausea when i see someone praising Oblivskyrim...
At least ME flaws are ispiration for many lulz i have over this quarter of the year.

Skyrim was the best in the last few years imo(sorry bro I hate Twitchers with passion and no idea what else can be a contender if not New Faggot what I didnt play because it looks like Oblivion just with guns,that engine just kills me its so shit...oh yeah and I skipped Alpha Brotocol too,thats just to realisitic for my liking...if there is no magic and 2 handed swords or fucking huge spaceships and pewpew with lazor cannons I am not interested lol).

What made Skyrim great for me was the slight but noticable :incline: ,thats more good than I can say about any other game since years.Seriously thanks to Skyrim I was so happy like a little boy who just got his first toy car and the feeling lasted for weeks.I was so tired of everything getting just worse all the time,Bethesda at least made a few improvements and listened to fan feedback,it looks like that company isnt ruled entirely by retards so there is a small ray of hope and the future is not so grim anymore(lol).

Okay,I got bored somewhere halfway into the game(lv 60something,1 quest left from the main quest chain and entire mage and thief guilds still untouched) but its still on my HDD because seeing the Skyrim shortcut makes me smile.

edit:for the record I really want to get into New Faggot,I will try a few more times(next time after exams)

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Well then why are you giving your voice to the discussion Edwin? You either need to have played a game 7 times or never in order to have an opinion on it.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Just so you know, masturbating to the game seven times doesn't count.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom