Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Expeditions: Conquistador, Turn-based Tactical RPG Now on Kickstarter

Marsal

Arcane
Wouldn't a conquistador be worth many loincloth and club-wielding natives?
Why are you so disgustingly racist, bro?! We don't tolerate that kind of intolerance on the Codex, bro. We are all human beings, therefore equal in every way. And yes, the women are equal to men, too. Stop with your white male entitlement and consider the feelings of people less fortunate than you for a moment, bro.

Some people!

oscar

Arcane
@Quezacoatl

Do we really want yet another Gone With the Wind/Pocahontas/Avatar where the evil white man realises the errors of his people and defects to the natives?

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
@Quetzacoatl

Do we really want yet another Gone With the Wind/Pocahontas/Avatar where the evil white man realises the errors of his people and defects to the natives?
Yes, the main character should be allowed to lick the feet of Montezuma for good measure. I don't see why this can't be allowed as well as the reverse. Player freedom is good and all.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I want to manipulate the natives into helping me overthrow the Spaniards and declare myself as god-king, Quetzacoatl. Of course, there would still be daily virgin sacrifices. ;)

Fun fact: According to some Mormons, Quetzacoatl was Jesus visiting Native Americans after the resurrection.

Comte

I want to manipulate the natives into helping me overthrow the Spaniards and declare myself as god-king, Quetzacoatl. Of course, there would still be daily virgin sacrifices. ;)

Fun fact: According to some Mormons, Quetzacoatl was Jesus visiting Native Americans after the resurrection.

The Man who would be King :)

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist

See, here's how siding with the natives could be made interesting. Mormonism... :x

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A pity Jesus wasn't white so that doesn't fly LOL

Psh. Mormon Jesus was blond, bro!

nephites.jpg

Christ+In+America.jpg

ximage-17548e7ffcce2df03b0e0fe093e54815-christinamerica.jpg.pagespeed.ic._T37ZgxqWk.jpg

JesusVisitsNativeAmericans.jpg

rane-christ-america_MD.jpg

His love, seemingly, even turned many of the natives white.

almondblight

Arcane
@Quezacoatl

Probably some of the best real world corollaries to the fantasy trope of "dangerous evil creatures start mysteriously appearing and grow numerous every year" would be the European age of exploration.

And games like that would be awesome Nethergate style, where you're playing through the same story but can be on either side.

visions

Arcane
You mentioned the battles will mainly be 6 v 6 affairs, but will there be any larger set-piece battles? Could be fun to take part in the occasional large battle or having to fend off a large (30? 40?) native raiding party with your hardy band of Spaniards, or helping one faction of natives against the other.

The 6 v 6 thing is also pretty interesting. Wouldn't a sword and plate-armour equipped conquistador be worth many loincloth and club-wielding natives in a straight fight?

Yeah, this is a valid point.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Citation needed. I have a hard time believing this. My uncle owns a replica and the macuahuitl looks more like a blunt weapon (in before axes aren't blunt weapons).

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Wikipedia said:
For SpikeTV's reality show Deadliest Warrior, a replica was created to test. It was tested against a replica of a horse's head created using a horse's skeleton and ballistics gel. Actor and martial artist Eder Saul Lopez was able to decapitate the model. However, it took three swings.

This is the key part I think. Nonetheless it was an impressive weapon, I admit.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Fuck, I'm so tempted to make my own macuahuitl, as I have several obsidian prismatic blades.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
This is exactly the kind of project I like to see on kickstarter. A game with that subject matter is overdue.

I think I will back this in afew days, once I have time to read the available info.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
We even made the dev go off topic in the thread about his kickstarter :) Gotta love the Codex.

Kosmonaut be sure to show us the results when you embark on your quest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom