Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Conquistador Discussion Thread

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
heh I SWEAR these guys had a different name for their company, and was wondering why you were posting that here.

Oh well. Anyways great news.

Repressed Homosexual
So it is not getting delayed? It would be the first of the major RPG ish Kickstarter projects to come out.

My worry is that the game will be lacking in some areas due to the thin budget, since Denmark is an expensive country. But I will see since I backed this.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So it is not getting delayed? It would be the first of the major RPG ish Kickstarter projects to come out.

My worry is that the game will be lacking in some areas due to the thin budget, since Denmark is an expensive country. But I will see since I backed this.
It's out in a week.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

:bro:

According to the guys when I spoke to them, they were on schedule. In fact (don't tell anybody), they were ready to go gold very soon. Still working hard as hell though. They'd actually made a couple of small, last-minute changes based on Codex criticism and Vault Dweller's LP, and they showed me the changes on screen in their tools.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

:bro:

According to the guys when I spoke to them, they were on schedule. In fact (don't tell anybody), they went gold one or two days before I got there. Still working hard as hell though. They'd actually made a couple of small, last-minute changes based on Codex criticism and Vault Dweller's LP, and they showed me the changes on screen in their tools.

Am I only one preferring VD to work on His game instead? Want to play AoD before the ITZ. Can't wait for the game even with all those anachronistic Wymyn Conquistadors. :salute:

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Anachronistic? A good deal of the characters, women conquistadors included, are based on historical characters.

There's Maria Estrada, but who else?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inés_de_Suárez

And as I think we've mentioned before, they player doesn't have to play with female followers. It's entirely possible to play the game with an all-male crew, but we thought it would be interesting to provide the player with the option to play with a female crew.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
All it is, is a list of followers, and you can chose to bring whoever you want.

As for Intel 3000HD, I can't say as we don't really have the resources to test it on a lot of hardware. We have it running on a fairly shitty computer at the office though and an old mac laptop as well, so I think it's a fair bet that it will. How old would you say it is?

Akarnir

Educated
Anyone understand the whole barricade/defense concept? I'm a huge fan of building fortifications/defense and that immediately grabbed my interrest when I heard about it?

How much defense stuff can you use? when ? how?....

Muh Pokeymon

Captain Shrek

Anyone understand the whole barricade/defense concept? I'm a huge fan of building fortifications/defense and that immediately grabbed my interrest when I heard about it?

Muh Pokeymon

Look at the first combat video.

Also HOW much: No idea.

When: Before battle you might get a preparatory phase, then.

Barricades are like temporary cover. They give you a defense bonus.

Akarnir

Educated

Muh Pokeymon

Look at the first combat video.

Also HOW much: No idea.

When: Before battle you might get a preparatory phase, then.

Barricades are like temporary cover. They give you a defense bonus.

Is that it? Just a bunch of crates that ''god'' drops before the battle? meh...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

Wikipedia said:
Suárez recognized the discouragement of the men and the extreme danger of the situation; she offered a suggestion. All day the seven caciques who were prisoners of the Spaniards, had been shouting encouragement to their people. Suárez proposed that Spaniards decapitate the seven and toss their heads out among the Indians in order to frighten them. There was some objection to the plan, since several men felt that the fall of the city was imminent and that the captive caciques would be their only bargaining advantage with the Indians. Suárez insisted that hers was the only viable solution to their problem. She then went to the house where the chieftains were guarded by Francisco Rubio and Hernando de la Torre and gave the order for the execution. Mariño de Lobera tells that the guard, La Torre, asked, "In what manner shall we kill them, my lady?" "In this manner," she replied, and, seizing la Torre’s sword, she herself cut off the heads

:incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom