Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Exile Series Available for Free from Spiderweb Software

nomask7

Arcane
:( It's called Ultima 4, not Ultimate 4. Please tell me your trolling me. And many people never beat Ultima 4 because the hint of the answer for the last puzzle ("Infinity") was never implemented into the game because the coders forget to finish that part of an NPC dialogue, though there is another way to find the letters...

I would consider Ultima 5 better than Exile 3, though the Underworld in Ultima 5 can get pretty retarded during exploration.

If you thought Ultima 4 was hard, don't try the Exile series. It cranks up the difficulty. Try the most excellent Pool of Radiance from SSI (not the Ubisoft one!) and their Gold Box series. If you find that too hard, then maybe turn-based, classic RPGs just aren't your thing.

Not trolling, typoing.

It's not the combat I found hard. As best I can recall, the combat seemed rather mindless, which you'd assume it to be since you only have one character. What was difficult was getting any info about what I should be doing in the game. Even Wizardry VI was much more straightforward, although I needed a walkthrough at least once and had to stop at one point due to the constant battles, the rate of which seemed to increase after I got out of the castle.

tindrli

Arcane
It's weird, but I can get Blades of Exile to work in Windows 7 through my start menu with no difficulties, but I can't get the Exile installation files working through Win 7 or DOSBox. Other people are reporting that the Exile series is working fine on their Win 7 systems. For those able to play the Exile trilogy, did you install the Exile games through Windows 3.1 via DOSBox first, then play in Win 7 or did you set up the installation a special way under the file properties of the installation files?

i didnt do anything.. just klick 2 times on install file and ready to play.. win 7 32 bit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom