Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EVE Online

Astromarine

Erudite
Have been playing this for the past two weeks, after quitting the game shortly after release, about a year ago.

I am satisfied with it. It has problems, but it is still very very fun. I feel like I'm playing Elite. Plus, I'm involved in a roleplaying corporation, fighting another race which had my race improsioned and enslaved for a few hundred years. PVP is interesting and relatively balanced (not completely, but enough to not suck). A free expansion is coming out in November, which will fix a lot of the big problems I now have with the game.

If you have already tried it and disliked it, it's not that much different, so don't bother. Maybe check it out in November after the expansion.

If you never heard about it, it deserves being checked out. www.eve-online.com

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Wait till someone in your corporation steals everything in the bank and sells it off to someone else or ebays it. Happens in both EVE Online and Neocron.

Either that, or wait till you kill a GM ingame and he teleports your entire corporation all over the place.

Astromarine

Erudite
the expansion includes added security for corp hangars. while it does happen, it is not the game's fault, it is a trust issue with players. you can be scammed in any game.

As for the other issue, *shrug* never seen it happen, and if it did it was probably a known corp that the dev was messing with. Still, mass teleport is not exactly OMGMYLIFEISOVEROMGOMG punishment.

to clarify: gms do not use the same ships as players. if that happened, it wasn't "how would I know that n00b was a GM?" as attacking unknown and alien ships where no ships should exist is a good way to experience unintended consequences.

I seem to remember us having this conversation before, but those simply aren't flaws of the game. anything else?

xemous

Arcane
i played since beta, and my account dies on the 22nd
was a good run, really exciting pvp
i was in curse alliance for a while before i went solo, i kinda went nuts for a month and a bit after leaving ca, and went all out pvp
then it died down and i just scammed for months becuase i couldnt be bothered travelling

after that i said, why am i still playing this shit, im basicly trading real money for virtual money, as all i was doing was scaming isk

so .. the end of eve for me

still, excellent mmo,

*edited for spelling and..

oh, and the fucking wait for shiva really pissed me off
and these greedy fucking miners and mission grinders selling frigates for 20mil/peice,
bloody criminals i rekon
the fkn assult frigs are 100mil
and the insurance is stlll fucked

fnordcircle

Liturgist
Frowning at my monitor as I read your dumb post.
It's not fun unless you are in with a big group. And it's a game that is often a screensaver, to be honest.

I liked it, because I'm a sucker for space games, generally, but I can't recommend it to people who aren't going to be able to play in a large group.

xemous

Arcane
actually the most fun it solo hunting in empire, rping a pirate causing massive ammounts of grief

but then again, hanging on teamspeak with mates launching a organized assult with fleet commanders and such (myself :D), is also very fun

just great pvp, becuase you can affect the other side so much, as in week - months of mining/grinding to get back there stuff

good player to player interaction, in a non nice way, very anti eq

fnordcircle

Liturgist
Frowning at my monitor as I read your dumb post.
I do love the PvP implementation in Eve more than any other game. You know where you can go without risk (as a non-pirate) and you know where there is increasing risk.

Conversely, as a pirate, you pay heavy prices for your shenanigans. PvP with realistic consequences, they said it couldn't be done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom